Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-14-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Whew! This has already been a busy year, and we're only about 2 weeks in! Finally I have time to pop in and get another Feedback Friday going! As always...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week we get back to specifics. Since we've been all over the board in December and January, let me remind you to please stick to the topic at hand.

We would like to know... what do you think are the best/most useful spells to have on your equipment? This can either be equipment that exists, or equipment you would like to see.

Looking forward to seeing what you have to say here! Have a great weekend! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
May 17, 2009
Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
dear professer,

i think that some useful spells to add to some equipment would be tempest, judgement (i no that it is available but maybe a way to get it without paying.) , and the last one, level 58 spells that come with necklace like what they did with the level 48 spells. even though i not near that level yet i think it would be a good idea.

antonio griffinflame level 36 pyromancer

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Oh, we could really have a lot of fun with this post!

Ok, one that already exsists, is the feint! That is awesome, but it needs to be on level 60 gear!

Now one that does not exsist, DragonBlade! Oh yeah, that would be great, since we are all now getting more powerful!

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Dragon blade, 90% of the expierienced wizards I see have a pet with dragonblade. But having cloths with a ___ school only spell would be cool too such as poison for death frostbite for ice unicorn for life wildbolt for storm etc.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
My three favorite schools are Fire,Death, and Balance. I really enjoy all of these because they all have dragon spell and are very powerful(exspecaly Fire), I'd love to see all of there dragon spells come with some clothing.

So here's my Idea:

Tytle of clothing set: Dragons' Flaming Suit

Dragons' Blazing Helm (Fire Dragon - 7 pips)
Dragons' Scaley Vestment (Hydra - 6 pips)
Claws of Doom (Skeleton Dragon 8 - pips)

From Your #1 Sudent,
Alexander Dragontamer
Level: 28
School: Fire
2nd School: Balance

Survivor
Nov 16, 2010
well i think some schools should have at least 2 healing spells instead of us just having pixie.i know there are life students but we need to fight on our own sometimes like the golem tower i also suggest more membership benefits other than just all areas unlocked something that really want members to stay and get membership.Also can you make some crowns clothing have more health it sometimes bothers me idk why. also make another spell for schools i say we should learn it at level 52 sry if i'm asking for too much

Ashley SummerBreeze
Fire / Storm / Ice

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
It really depends on level and school:

Low levels: 2-4 pip spells of other schools
Mid-levels: Healing
Higher levels: healing or spells that boost damage

Schools:
Life: I love feint
Non-Life/death: Healing or feint
Death: Usually a life/myth spell (2-4 pips) that I can use with my spirit blade

But: What I don't look for at all are spells of my own school (unless they are a much higher level) as I can equip with them as needed normally.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
To be truthful, it would be cool to see wands and gear for the players that help support the game. What I mean is, gear that looks like something that the friendly necromancer would have on daily. Something to show that these wizards have done allot for the game and its community. That is just my idea.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
i like my epic clothing set from the epic bundle gift card i picked the level 40 setting so my fire wizard could get a helephant a stun and a regenerate

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Whew! This has already been a busy year, and we're only about 2 weeks in! Finally I have time to pop in and get another Feedback Friday going! As always...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week we get back to specifics. Since we've been all over the board in December and January, let me remind you to please stick to the topic at hand.

We would like to know... what do you think are the best/most useful spells to have on your equipment? This can either be equipment that exists, or equipment you would like to see.

Looking forward to seeing what you have to say here! Have a great weekend! ::grin::

Greetings:
I would like to see more Training points giving to Legendary Players, so we could finish getting our Spells from either the Witch on Collosus Blvd., or on other Worlds Schools.
I have a Balance Legend with Storm, Sun, Moon, and Star power. But I am not able to get all the spells needed. I hate to spend Crowns to give back all my Training Points and lose my Powers and then have to go and fight my way back in Celestia to regain my Astral Powers and also all my Shields and Boost Blades.

I would also like to see MORE being done to give Legendary Players more POWER choices through Wands, Daggers, Rings, Pets, Hats, Tunics, Boots and so forth; just strictly for LEVEL 60 ONLY.
[Plus not to cost us an Arm and Leg for it either!]

This is on another subject but one I like to see get results as well:
I would like the Quest to work on helping us find the Wraith that is on the lose. I was finally able to defeat her on WC on Collosus Blvd., but only to discover she fled to Krokotopia. I have hunted for her all over Krokotopia and have not found her yet.

Thanks for a Wonderful Game!
With Warmest Regards,
William Thundersword
Legendary Balance and also one player icon on each of the other five Schools giving me six in total icons.

Survivor
May 17, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

From pets or equipment, nothing beats a blade, trap, or aura that boosts your damage for any school. Dragonblades, balance blades, hexes, curses, and feints, oh my!

And when we get these, or any other spells, from equipment, they should be just a bit better than the normal spells and stackable with the normal ones. This true of many, maybe even most, spells from equipment but not always. For example: I like my Damp Demon but always feel that the storm blade he gives should be 5% better than my normal storm blade...and stackable with it.

After blades and traps, healing spells of any kind are always good to have from equipment. Having a single sprite, satyr, or dryad spell is enough to save you from having to spend precious training points in the Life school. Spending seven points to train to satyr and then only having one in your deck is pretty expensive. Whereas wearing a satyr necklace allows you to have that spell, and use the training points for something else, like training to tower shield or feint.

Blaze Deathcaster

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

I think the rank 8 spell would be good on robes, rank X on shoes, and rank 7 on hat.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
WNewman001 wrote:
Professor Falmea wrote:

Greetings:
I would like to see more Training points giving to Legendary Players, so we could finish getting our Spells from either the Witch on Collosus Blvd., or on other Worlds Schools.
I have a Balance Legend with Storm, Sun, Moon, and Star power. But I am not able to get all the spells needed. I hate to spend Crowns to give back all my Training Points and lose my Powers and then have to go and fight my way back in Celestia to regain my Astral Powers and also all my Shields and Boost Blades.

I would also like to see MORE being done to give Legendary Players more POWER choices through Wands, Daggers, Rings, Pets, Hats, Tunics, Boots and so forth; just strictly for LEVEL 60 ONLY.

I would like the Quest to work on helping us find the Wraith that is on the lose. I was finally able to defeat her on WC on Collosus Blvd., but only to discover she fled to Krokotopia. I have hunted for her all over Krokotopia and have not found her yet.

With Warmest Regards,
William Thundersword
Legendary Balance and also one player icon on each of the other five Schools giving me six in total icons.

I agree with the Training points Idea. Many of us that have made Legendary don not have enough training points to complete the trainers in Celestia.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
WNewman001 wrote:
Professor Falmea wrote:

Greetings:

With Warmest Regards,
William Thundersword

A way to work for the Training Points would be to give a training Point for the completion of badges or certain badges. Say for instance the final badge for defeating Cats, Rats, Samoorai, Draconians, Undead, and so forth.
I think this would give players incentive to complete the badges.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I think for the Celestian lvl 58 robes there should be cards on them for example The Celestian Snow smock I think it's called should have on Icezilla card on it. The Fire robe should have a Magma Collosus card. The Storm robe should have a Maelstrom Oni card(Spell Check?) It would do 780-850 and give a storm blade 6 pips. The Life robe would give an Life Orthrus (I forgot the name of the Hybrid) it would do 45 and 630 damage for 7 pips. The death robe would give a rotted wood walker card it would do 520-630 damage for 6 pips. The myth one would give a 3 headed myth hydra card (Idk the name of the Hybrid) it would do 270, 3 times and it would cost 7 pips. The Balance robe would give Dampen Magic. This would be awesome if it was added to the game

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
When I got my storm lord amulet, I was very exicted! It helps me sometimes. The scarecrow amulet is very good also! The stormzilla pet that comes with the card looks VERY usefull. I don't have it but I wish I did!!!
Ok, that's all I can think of. BYE!!!
From, melcookie925

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
The most useful spells that are on equipment, in my opinion, are:

*Satyr
*Regenerate
*Feint

Other useful spells could be:

+Dragon blade
+ 40% blades for each school (fire, myth, death, etc.)
+level 58 spells
+stun resist aura
+260 gargantuan
+steal ward
+Mutate spells for each school

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
On the rings and athames, I would like to see more choices at the Bazaar where the "health and mana" also include "pips" or "power pips" too.

Defender
May 21, 2009
I have favorites for gear & things I would like to see in game. I loved the Malistare's robe with Centaur when I had it & I loved the epic boots that had tower shield. Somethings I would like to see is maybe a hat that has a stun card. Or I wouldn't mind seeing 3 sets of clothing in the crowns shop & each set would be for a certian Astral school. For example there would be a Star set with an Empowerment hat, a Vengence robe, & a another Star spell (I used vengence & empowerment becausse I love those spells) I hope you guys like my Ideas, ty for reading.

Christopher JadeBlade
lvl.60 Theurgist
Legendary Theurgist

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
My three favorite spells are Judgement, Ra, and Gargantuan. I also like Spectral Blast. Feint is a really useful spell when you need to add power to your strike but you have to be careful using it because it also adds power to the enenmy's strike. But in my opinion, by far, the most useful spell is Gargantuan.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2008
Survivor
May 12, 2010
The traps and blade amulets/ gear is the best for sure... I'd defiantly like to see more of those

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
I would like to see gear from here on out that gives us our previously obtained spells from the past few levels whether it be our last obtained spell for our school or spells that come from the world we get the gear on. Seeing astral spells on a set of level 60 gear would be Ideal for players who use astral magic strategies. I do realize that the Malistaire gear is the only set in game that is not purchased with crowns and gives you a spell. For Myth, I was thoroughly dissappointed at getting Earthquake on my robe and wish to see more robes with spells on them and possibly entire sets of equipment by the end of the game that give a spell for each piece, even the athames and maybe decks or rings that give spells. The spells on equipment should be based-off of what kind of equipment it is and who can wear it since giving a card like blizzard or meteor strike for examples to a life or storm student would be bad ideas. So, to give a good example of how to properly designate spells to gear, give balance type blades, traps, or other spells that boost stats to generic gear that can be worn by anyone, while giving spells that deal damage to the school specific gear that the spell comes from. Myth gear could have humungofrog, minotaur, orthrus, and so on and so forth to give us helpful spells while giving life gear spells that heal and deal decent damage. Ice would get more powerful versions of their attack spells and have more types of shields from different schools. Fire might get more multi attacks that do dot or shield breaker spells to help them take down the ice type mobs in game that put up multiple tower shields. The other schools can get spells that buffer their innate abilities whether it be damage dealing, life stealing, or support type spells. This way, gear farming will be more fruitful and beneficial as well as more pleasing when someone finally gets that one drop that elludes them to complete their ideal gear set. I would also like to see some mutated spells on gear or brand new spells that can't be acquired in the rest of the spiral for us to use on our new gear.

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
At lower levels, the most useful items are Nightshade's Choker (Weakness card) and the Troll Ear Pendant (Guiding Light card).

I wish I'd been able to keep the necklace I crafted for my GM Artisan quest, the one with a Satyr and a Regenerate card. (It really hurt to give that one up to finish the quest!) I crafted a second one, my Life alt uses it all the time.

I wish our top-level (58+) Celestian robes came with an item card of our level 58 spells, like the best Grandmaster gear from Malistaire all had level 48 spell cards.

I agree with the folks who'd like to see Dragonblades as pendants or in other gear. I'd also like a mixed-school pendant with a Feint and a Tower Shield.