Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasures need to go from PvP

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 26, 2009
I dont like it when people use treasures in pvp. I think of it as cheating. Some poeple use it as extra spells and then there are the rnk 7 spells that some people still have.

Post what you think on this topic :D

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
You cannot cheat in pvp and the use of treasure card is not cheating and will never be removed from pvp.

Treasure cards have been in pvp from the start and is a way and strategy to combat getting bad draws and trying to fetch spells to counter your opponents moves that you currently does not have in your hand.

Deck building and this include your sideboard is an art in itself and if you get beaten by it you jst have to try harder to build a better deck yourself and learn to use it better. Everyone has the same options avalible to them so you can use treasure cards yourself, it's not the opponents fault if you don't want to and other players should not have to succumb to your one man show ethics or as you put it "don't like".

I don't like when the enemy cast spells on me that do damage...see where i'm going with this?

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
Then i can just use lvl 48 spell of all schools in pvp? I have rebirths, ice giants, fire dragons, lords and crows. :\ oh well and i know it wont be removed i just wanted to see what other people think of it.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
You can think of Treasure Cards as a way of cheating, but honestly there is virtually no way to cheat in this game. Bugs can exploited, but often backfire in the end. Almost all major CCG's have a sideboard system in their sanctioned tournaments. Why should Wizards101 be any different. I'd suggest leafing through the guides floating around out there on other forums and learning how others build their deck, including sideboard. A well stocked sideboard can mean the difference between successfully dueling in the arena, and just getting run over by players who utilize all advantages available to them. You wouldn't expect a carpenter to build your house without using a hammer, why would you expect a duelist to operate without an important tool.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
I know how to use a side board and i do use it just not in pvp. mostly i dont like it when some person who is about to loose in a ranked match say they are lvl 34 fire and i am about to beat them, they use rebirth and end up winning, or they lord and stun me.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Spiritshadow wrote:
Then i can just use lvl 48 spell of all schools in pvp? I have rebirths, ice giants, fire dragons, lords and crows. :\ oh well and i know it wont be removed i just wanted to see what other people think of it.

other school treasure cards count power pips as being the same as a white pip, so if it isn't of your school you have to wait much longer to cast it than someone who is of that school, and chances are you won't have much damage/healing bonus for the school card you are casting either.. exceptions to this rule are along the lines of one pip dispel cards that feel a bit like you are cheating when using them and in my opinion should be removed not only from PvP but the game itself

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
if treasures were removed from PvP it would be near impossible to defeat ice school.