Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does Strom need to fizzle ALL THE TIME!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2010
I have a Balance file. I got bored in it so I made a Storm. It is very powerfull, BUT IT ALWAYS FIZZLE! Can anyone tell them to make a different aprroach? I need to contact the Wizard101 makers so I can get a hold of them.

Kyle DarkFlame + Kyle DragonSword: LvL: 51 Balance, LvL: 10 Storm.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
vansman2 wrote:
I have a Balance file. I got bored in it so I made a Storm. It is very powerfull, BUT IT ALWAYS FIZZLE! Can anyone tell them to make a different aprroach? I need to contact the Wizard101 makers so I can get a hold of them.

It fizzles a lot to keep fairness between the schools. Storm's strength is high attacks and a lot of powerfulness. But it's weakness is high fizzle rate and low health. Understand? Like, Life's strength is good healing. But it's weakness is low attacks.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Storm is a lesson in patience for me. We fizzle (have low accuracy) and have low health to offset the power of our spells. It does get better as you get to higher levels. I suggest looking for clothes with an accuracy boost.

There are wonderful guides on the web. Wizard101central.com (a fansite) has lots of great info. I bet there is a ton here to. You might try using the search feature.

Megan

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Damage-wise, Divination is the most powerful school in the game. If you compare Storm to all of the other schools, it's not difficult to see why Storm has such a low accuracy in comparison.

Think about it this way: Life is the weakest school, damage-wise. Would it be fair if Life spells had a 70% chance of working and all Storm attacks had a 90% chance of working?

By the way, there are ways you can raise your spell accuracy. Some outfits can raise accuracy, and there's even a spell in the Storm school that can raise accuracy of Storm spells.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Storm is the most powerful at attacking, so diviners are poor at accuracy. This is so that everything can be fair. None of the other schools fizzle as much, but they also can't do as much damage as storm wizards.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
Its not fair. Even though I am not storm in my 2 wizards but I see storm fizzle A LOT. Just because storm is the most powerful school of the elements, doesnt mean it has to fizzle more than any other school. Especially wild bolt. Wild bolt is TEN percent nonfizzle! And they made wild bolt weaker. Speaking of storm fizzling the most, why do they have to make spells fizzle anyway?!?!

Sincerily, Haily level 60 Sorcerer and Mackenzie Deathbringer level 35 Necromancer.

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
Storm has high attack, but low accuracy. all schools have a upside and a downside to it.

-Kyle Firefist

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
ugh why does everyone always ask that. have you looked at the damage on those cards? they almost beat ices rank 6 spell with storm shark. so yea thats why. their attacks are extremely high

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
vansman2 wrote:

Well, the reason storm fizzles so much is exactly because it has the highest-hitting class.

KI tries to balance the schools that way.
Do a little more damage, fizzle a little more.