Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Charmed Slave - The Salamanders

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Where do you get one of those Salamander-type monster pets?
The orange ones in the Pyramid of the Sun are called "Charmed Slaves" while the blue ones in Krokosphynx are called "Soul of the Charmed" I believe.

I saw someone walking around with an orange one as a pet.

Where can I get this pet?

And can you get a blue one as well?

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
the mander pet is actually a drop from one of the bosses...not sure which...not sure if there are any other colors for the mander pet or not tho...hope that helped some

Rai
Level 30 Magus Diviner (Storm) Hero of Krokotopia

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
The pet is called, "Bandaid Bernie" and I received it in a drop from the Protector of the Fang. I don't know if they drop in both colors, but you can have them in orange or that olive green like Kiwu in Karanahan Barracks. Mine dropped as orange and when I took it to the color-change shop, the green was the only other option. It does not have a card when it drops.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Okay.
Thanks a lot =]

So does anyone know of any other bosses that might happen to drop these pets?

And are they really rare?

Administrator
Bandaid Bernie is the Krokomummy if memory serves me. He's looking for Bugeyes McGee.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Bandaid Bernie is the Krokomummy if memory serves me. He's looking for Bugeyes McGee.

8)
Good save, Professor; Berine is the Krokomummy. I have seen both of these very rare Drop-Pets, and a third Mander who resembles the Oasis Shop Keepers. Not sure, but I think Bugeyes is a Boss Drop somewhere in both Krokotopia and Marlybone.

There is a very useful (and inspired) website that lists all the known Drop Pets, a list created by and updated by the efforts of observant players.

You Welcome ... and think Ice Magic is cool (in more ways than one, heh)
8)

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
8)
Just found out where they are ....

"Bugeyes McGee" is dropped by Prince Manu Nirini in the Throne Room of Fire Instance, Palace of Fire.

"Mandy Zaptongue" (an identical Mander) is dropped by Prince Aka Karanahn in the Karanahn Barracks, Tomb of Storms.

You welcome....
8)

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Whoops, my bad! I have both pets (Bandaid Bernie and Mandy Zaptongue) so I guess I combined them. Yes, Bandaid Bernie (krokomummy) was the one I got from Protector of the Fang and Mandy Zaptongue (mander) was another drop but I really don't think it was from Prince Aka Karanahn or Prince Manu Nirini. Maybe I should write my good drops down. Thought I got it from a boss on Krokosphinx but I could be wrong... again. ;)

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Ive been fight prince manu niru or watever his name is but i ive done it like 50 times and still no mander!

are they realy rare?

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
alright.
So I went to that Karanahn Palace instance and killed the final boss there and guess what?
I got Mandy Zaptongue! =]

I had completed that instance before once for the actual quest so this was my 2nd time killing that boss and I got him.

I was surprised.

So thanks a bunch everybody! I really appreciate it. =]

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
windlord12 wrote:
Ive been fight prince manu niru or watever his name is but i ive done it like 50 times and still no mander!

are they realy rare?

8)
Any Drop Pet will be Rare... I have six wizards, all of whom are on Krokotopia or beyond; and while I have Grinded on many Bosses with each of them, I have only had two Drop Pets out of all six wizards, a Snow Serpent from the pair in the Gobbler King's Instance and a Sprite off Swiftarrow on Firecat Alley. Period; Ever! And I have actually grown bored Grinding a few of the easiest Bosses who I know have Pet Drops.

Its a low chance that any Drop will have a Pet. Keep at it; The Odds are always in the favor of the one who never stops trying...
8)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Is Mandy Zaptongue a different color than Bugeyes Mcgee?

I know Bugeyes Mcgee is either orange or green. What about Mandy Zaptongue?

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
I don't know if they all drop the same color, but Mandy Zaptongue dropped as orange for me and I have the option to change it to green at the paint shop in Wizard City.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Shiningfantasia wrote:

8)
According to the information I got off Wizard Central, the only real difference is the name; Both have the same two color choices.
8)

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
what is the fastest way to keep killing prince nirini to try and get the mander

- Jacob level 31/sunken city survivor :-o
(school of myth)

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Jakedasnake8 wrote:
what is the fastest way to keep killing prince nirini to try and get the mander

- Jacob level 31/sunken city survivor :-o
(school of myth)

8)
Well, its been a while since I did the Throne Room Instance; but I know from experience that Krok Bosses have flunkies, so a full 4 Pip Cyclops Minion is very useful, since he frequently uses big Spells like Storm Shark and Sunbird.

Avoid Fire Spells; He's Resistance, and I think (if such is possible) it only gets him riled.

You will get a sort of "Stun Spell" by your level, which can useful since its zero-pip and keeps the target from doing anything on its next turn.

A Friend who uses Ice or Death Magic is a good idea, Ice because he should take Boost damage from it and Death since it has crafty ways of dealing with enemies.

Otherwise, get as much protection against Fire as you can, load up a solid mix of big-damage Myth Spells and healing Spells from anywhere, and taking out the Boss's flunkie-monster first always helps since it cuts down on the odds against you. The necklace which gives the Ghoul Spell is nice, since it does more damage than normal and has a low chance of Fizzle.

Hope it helps, because i'm busy in Marleybone right now ...

Daniel DragonSinger (Myth 33, Marleybone)
Scarlet Skullhammer (Death 30, also in Marleybone)
8)

Survivor
Aug 28, 2008
I stink at picking up pets I have two and they where both bought. So I am making a list its going to be a topic. And i saw someone walking around with a blue mander servent pet

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
But wait .... Aren't we fighting to free the Manders from slavery?? Now I have a Mander PET!! AAAAAGGGHHH!!! I'm such a hypocrite!!

Administrator
Don't worry, your Mander pet chooses to stay with you because of all the help you were to his people. He is your friend out of respect, not duty.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 28, 2008
Yeah Professer Greyrose is right dont beat yourself up. And I have noticed that gathering pets is real tough. I havent got one yet, its like finding a hay in a needle stack

Survivor
Jan 14, 2009
Wow I didn't know Manders were REALLY rare. There is a lot of conflict and policies people expect you to follow. They say fight Prince Maru Nirini ( What ever his name is) and he will drop a pet. But they didn't say this: you gotta fight him about 20 times. I recommend to fight easier bosses, that have the most chance of getting a mander. Have you ever seen those Minotaur pets? Somebody said that you get it when you battle a boss in the Life tree in Wizard City. Is this true?

Explorer
Feb 02, 2009
railom wrote:
the mander pet is actually a drop from one of the bosses...not sure which...not sure if there are any other colors for the mander pet or not tho...hope that helped some

Rai
Level 30 Magus Diviner (Storm) Hero of Krokotopia

You can get pets from bosses?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
NeoStar wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

8)
According to the information I got off Wizard Central, the only real difference is the name; Both have the same two color choices.
8)

is it a good pet to have? Does it give you a spell? some mana? hp? anything?! :?

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
kidchaor3 wrote:
NeoStar wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

8)
8)

is it a good pet to have? Does it give you a spell? some mana? hp? anything?! :?

Sorry for the LONG delay quoting this ....!

No; It gives no bonuses, spells, or anything else. It's just that it can only be gained through a Rare Boss Drop in Krokotopia, and is just cool looking overall...

Look for any of my Wizards on Helephant or Sunbird...
: Danial DragonSinger (Myth 34)
: Scarlet Skullhammer (Death 35)
: Artur Lifeweaver (Life 19)
: Sabrina Iceblade (Ice 16)
: Calamity Firerider (Fire 16)
: Dakota (Balance 20)

8)