Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Graduate Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
I have been thinking. As a legendary wizard, having completed the world of Celestia, I have been feeling that its not enough to just save the spiral. I think wizards should have more personal accomplishments. This is why I would like to propose the idea of graduating from Wizard101 school. How you ask? By passing a final exam of course. This final exam would be to win a duel against none other than Headmaster Merle Ambrose himself! He hasn't gone evil or anything, its jut the friendly, familiar, epically powerful heasmaster, administering the final exam to his greatest wizard students. But since this is graduating from a wizarding school we're talking about and this is the headmaster, probably the greatest wizard ever, this would be no easy task. I recommend that Ambrose have approximately 30,000 health, and be a master of all schools, including Sun, Moon and Star. He should also have some resist for all schools (not much just some) and should be a solo battle (otherwise it makes no sense to be a final exam, if others could help, that would be cheating). My other more optional proposal is to fight all the school teachers individually, all leading up to fighting Ambrose. Now of course, defeating Ambrose should not go unrewarded. I think the prefect rewards for beating him should be a wand (his staff preferrably), a Gamma the Owl pet, his crystal ball furniture item and a badge possibly saying Wizard101 Graduate, or more exciting, Headmaster. I think this would be a totally fun and exciting addition to wizard101 because it gives the game a further sense of closure and completion, that neither the Great Spyre, or Celestia could offer. Merle Ambrose has been around since the very beginning of the game. He is a familiar face, a friend, and it would be the ultimate challenge to face him in a one-on-one epic battle to finish your wizard schooling. Think about it KI, I personally would love to see it happen. Please respond everyone, I would love to hear comments and suggestions!

Explorer
Jun 01, 2010
oooh i love this idea. but maybe insgtead of fighting ALL the school teachers. maybe you could fight your own school teacher and when you win you can get your final spell or something. then you can fight the headmaster. but still awesome idea

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
Heh thanks, but i think spells are pretty much done, like I am a pyromancer and when i got efreet, she said it was the final and ultimate fire spell, but still, fighting yer own school teacher is a great idea, however its a problem for myth seeing as how everyone already fights Cyrus Drake to get to Malistaire. But the idea is still just a work in progress ^^

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
I agree with you. I'm an adept wizard right now, but maybe graduating would be fun. But if defeating a 10,000 health Malistaire and a few henchman requires 4 players, I don't see how you could defeat Merle Ambrose solo.

And you know bringing friends isn't cheating, since friends always want to help.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
well i love the idea it could make wizard101 more realistic you know what i mean also maybe there is a part about when you beat him you can go to the after life world were you can battle all the enemys like malistaire or you can make quests that were taken from malistair you know he tells you he has changed and stuff well think about it king isle

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
I agree with you. That is a great idea. I believe all wizards should have the opportunity to graduate from Wizard101. Thus, of course you can still play the game. Merle Ambrose would be fun and exciting to fight, along with all the professers. Yet, you have already fought Cyrus Drake. Why not go another time!? A gamma pet would be so cool do have flying around with you. Merle's staff would be a great addition (make it have 130 hit). I would love to see this expansion in the Wizard101 game. Keep up the good work! :-)

Grandmaster Sorcerer,
Laura Raven
Anna Goldleaf

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
thats a great idea! i would love to see that happen in w101! i agree Kingisle plz thick about this

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Not a bad idea, actually! It bodes well with the game, but there is still a lot more to come before we even get to this stage yet! Morganthe is still on the loose! Maybe after we conquer her, we can finish up our studies and challenge our Teacher. Then, duel Diego, and finally, HeadMaster Ambrose!

However! As I might agree to your story line, I do not agree with your stats!

I am sorry, but, if we are talking the greatest wizard of all time. A true test of all your skills. Then, by no means, should it be easy! You will have to know exactly what you are doing.

So, here are ambroses stats, in my eyes:

Health = 1,000,000
Schools = All (even though some say he is myth)
Starting Pips = 7 Power Pips
Damage=100%
Accuracy=100%
Resist All=40%
Power Pip Percentage=100%

Has Gamma the Owl Pet with him, that has the talents:
Pierce Train, Spritely, Protection (May cast Tower Shield), Spell Proof 10%

Headmaster Ambrose will not cheat! But, he will not be easy by any means. Yes, you must solo him and without any help, including purchased help!

I think, if you can beat this Headmaster, you should earn the title of Wizard101 Champion, or even a Headmaster title.

I think that if you win, you earn 5000 crowns, and the Staff of Ultimate Power (You can select which school spell when you cast it, damage = 150 has a critical of 50 and a block of 25)

Still, good luck with this. And to any that want to whine and complain that this is too hard? We are talking Merle Ambrose here, our Headmaster and the best Wizard the Spiral has ever seen! No way should it ever be easy!

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
I love both ideas.But for defeating Ambros I'd like more like a mount or something big!

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
RipShred wrote:
oooh i love this idea. but maybe insgtead of fighting ALL the school teachers. maybe you could fight your own school teacher and when you win you can get your final spell or something. then you can fight the headmaster. but still awesome idea

that would be a problem i am death lvl 55 we already killed malistaire so what are we supposed to fight?

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
Radience101 wrote:
I agree with you. That is a great idea. I believe all wizards should have the opportunity to graduate from Wizard101. Thus, of course you can still play the game. Merle Ambrose would be fun and exciting to fight, along with all the professers. Yet, you have already fought Cyrus Drake. Why not go another time!? A gamma pet would be so cool do have flying around with you. Merle's staff would be a great addition (make it have 130 hit). I would love to see this expansion in the Wizard101 game. Keep up the good work! :-)

Grandmaster Sorcerer,
Laura Raven
Anna Goldleaf

i think the staff should be a 200 hit & a complete set of the ultimate school gear! but rememger it should be no auction, no trade and no sell.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I love the idea, only there's so much more we still have to do first. Besides that it's great and I hope KI considers it!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Elizina wrote:
I have been thinking. As a legendary wizard, having completed the world of Celestia, I have been feeling that its not enough to just save the spiral. I think wizards should have more personal accomplishments. This is why I would like to propose the idea of graduating from Wizard101 school. How you ask? By passing a final exam of course. This final exam would be to win a duel against none other than Headmaster Merle Ambrose himself! He hasn't gone evil or anything, its jut the friendly, familiar, epically powerful heasmaster, administering the final exam to his greatest wizard students. But since this is graduating from a wizarding school we're talking about and this is the headmaster, probably the greatest wizard ever, this would be no easy task. I recommend that Ambrose have approximately 30,000 health, and be a master of all schools, including Sun, Moon and Star. He should also have some resist for all schools (not much just some) and should be a solo battle (otherwise it makes no sense to be a final exam, if others could help, that would be cheating). My other more optional proposal is to fight all the school teachers individually, all leading up to fighting Ambrose. Now of course, defeating Ambrose should not go unrewarded. I think the prefect rewards for beating him should be a wand (his staff preferrably), a Gamma the Owl pet, his crystal ball furniture item and a badge possibly saying Wizard101 Graduate, or more exciting, Headmaster. I think this would be a totally fun and exciting addition to wizard101 because it gives the game a further sense of closure and completion, that neither the Great Spyre, or Celestia could offer. Merle Ambrose has been around since the very beginning of the game. He is a familiar face, a friend, and it would be the ultimate challenge to face him in a one-on-one epic battle to finish your wizard schooling. Think about it KI, I personally would love to see it happen. Please respond everyone, I would love to hear comments and suggestions!

I admit this is a good idea, but there should be some fixes to make it happen. First off, 30,000 health is a little too much, MAYBE lowering it to about 20,000 would be good. second off, even though a gamma the owl pet sounds good, i believe that one gamma is enough. instead you could get a pet called "headmaster dragon" which could give some sort of card at baby(not sure what). finally a wand does not seem enough, maybe a "Ravenwood Graduate" badge and a diploma you can read by talking to Ambrose (all school graduates get a diploma, why not ravenwood?).

Overall, i agree this should be added, and that with or without my edits, this should work out pretty well, though the only thing missing is where you would fight him(i would suggest a tower in olde town that nobody can port inside). you have my support.

Daniel Wildhunter, level 42 pyromancer

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
I totally agree with adding something that would reflect personal accomplishment. I have thought of a unique robe, hat or wand awarded for major accomplishments such as completing all quests in a world, all badges, all crafting quests, etc. Perhaps fight one of the NPC's from the completed world? It may give incentive to progress in the game especially in light of the power leveling controversy and add another element of fun. Just my thoughts. I really like your ideas.

Defender
May 05, 2010
Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
Thanks for all the comments!

I understand that some adepts might be a little more veered toward anyone being able to graduate, but you must understand there are several reasons why I think this should be for the higher levels.

1. You should have mastered your school and gotten all spells. That signifies having completed your training.

2. Ambrose is the greatest wizard ever. He should not be beatable by lower level wizards, otherwise for the high levels it would be no challenge. Besides, it also gives those lower levels something to strive for.

3. Being under Legend or even Grand doesnt really pose a reason to graduate from wizard101. And it is also kind of a reward for those that were able to make it all the way to the top.

Also, this is addressed to those who believe in lowering Ambrose's health and stats.

Ambrose is THE greatest wizard ever, and frankly, I thought I was being generous to his difficulty. I think he could be even more difficult to beat. I don't know about a million health, but definately in the high multi ten thousands. I was thinking between 30 and 100 thousand health. And should definately be a solo battle. And malistaire is completely beatable by the way, with one player. I have done it personally. And Ambrose should be exponentially more difficult than Malistaire.

But I like all the other ideas I've heard and I appreciate everyone's support in this. I really hope it happens! Thanks again everyone. See you all in the spiral! :D