Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Locked Inventory Items

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
I would like to suggest an enhancement to the current inventory system on each player character here in Wizard 101. I have recently begun experimenting with using multiple pieces of equipment and swapping them out similarly to cards in my deck depending on who or what I am fighting. I have had mixed results but it does seem promising. Also I have grouped with people who do similar things, where they will have an outfit that is primarily defensive and an outfit that more offensive; or possibly a group outfit and a solo outfit. Whatever the reason, it seems that many people, like me, carry several pieces of clothing around that they use on a semi-regular basis.

This is all well and good, but as all those people probably know, after a few fights your inventory gets clogged with items that only have value when sold at the bazaar. The item you may want to use can often get shoved off the first page, and depending on how long you have been collecting loot, could be mixed into the third or fourth page. This can take a while to find if there are no graphical indicators like a crowns item icon on that piece of clothing.

Getting lost in your inventory isn't the only issue, if that item isn't tagged as "No Auction" you could accidentally sell that treasured piece of clothing if you are not paying attention. And lets face it, when a wizard has a backpack full of stuff to sell at the bazaar sometimes it is hard to concentrate on everything you are selling. But, this might just be me.

Anyway, I would like to introduce the option of locking an item in your inventory. A locked item would have a little lock icon next to it and would cause the item to be sorted to the top just after the equipped items. This lock would prevent selling the item at the bazaar and at regular merchants. It would prevent a wizard from removing the locked item from the backpack. And of course prevent the item from being trashed. No matter how many times you try to move, sell or trash the locked item you cannot, until you unlock it by clicking the lock icon. The lock would NOT prevent a wizard from equipping the item. Also the lock would NOT prevent turning in a locked item for a quest, which can be important for those crafters who have made an item then sold it accidentally.

I believe that adding a lock feature would make it much easier to manage your inventory after a long day of battling. Those top items that you use or just wish to keep will be sorted to the very top of your inventory screen allowing you quick access to them if you want to switch to one of those items. And the locking mechanism would make the selling of "No Auction" items at a regular merchant much safer.