Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

does storm actually do the most damage in PvP

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I have three legendary characters and with 8 pips my storm seems to be doing way less damage to the opposition than the others are even when shields are absent due to huge storm resistances. So I guess for less PvP damage done my storm recieves a 1000 less life penalty and very low power pip percent chance of around 70% while also being dispelled quite often on anything large it tries to cast.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2010
seasnake wrote:
I have three legendary characters and with 8 pips my storm seems to be doing way less damage to the opposition than the others are even when shields are absent due to huge storm resistances. So I guess for less PvP damage done my storm recieves a 1000 less life penalty and very low power pip percent chance of around 70% while also being dispelled quite often on anything large it tries to cast.

keep the other person on the defense! first turn, blade, next turn, triton, tower spam, elemental blade, blade, trap, feint (necklace), feint (if you have it), storm lord. if they survive that, they are at least stunned. use wand spell till you can triton

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
You never said you compared other spells under the same circumstances.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
in four person PvP my storm is by far the worst of my characters damage actually dealt wise, coupled with 1,000 less health, 20%+ less pip chance, and always having to hit against storm shields while quite often being dispelled and weakened in the process and storm simply does not stack up, and if storm was meant to do well in 1v1 PvP they wouldn't have made wild bolt into the joke it is now

Armiger
May 10, 2010
seasnake wrote:
in four person PvP my storm is by far the worst of my characters damage actually dealt wise, coupled with 1,000 less health, 20%+ less pip chance, and always having to hit against storm shields while quite often being dispelled and weakened in the process and storm simply does not stack up, and if storm was meant to do well in 1v1 PvP they wouldn't have made wild bolt into the joke it is now

Ok Seasnake, for the last and final time, it is not Storm that is the problem, it is you! If you only have 70% power pips, you are doing something wrong! You are Legendary! You can have, if you take your time a figure things out! +21% Power pip Ring & Athame, and a +5% Power pip Pet, giving you 87% Power Pip Chance. The Same chance as Fire, Myth, and Ice.

As for your damage. Train Gargantuan Dude! +225 to any and all attacks!
Craft your Hat and your Robe! And keep the Tempest Boots, then Your stats should not read as follows:
65% Damage Boost, unless you have pet that increases damage
24% Storm Accuracy, unless you have pet that increases accuracy
Only fire and Ice resistance, unless you have a pet that gives spell proof/defy!

Critical Attack will be 150 with a 40 critical block to all

Get a Damp Demon from GameStop, a $20 pet with dragon blade. Train it to adult. Get a Sea Dragon and hatch them together. Then, you can get a Damp Demon, and keep hatching and training until you finally get these talents. Spritely, Spell Proof, Pips, and Storm shot or storm Giver!

Now, If you add treasure card Gargantuan or Card Gargantuan onto any Wildbolt with your power, It wont be Useless, it will be OverPowered!
Kraken, Stormzilla, Tempest, Triton, Leviathan, all are way too powerful. You will get plenty of Critical hits, and with a Tempest and Gargantuan attached, you can hit a critical for over 2000 off the bat.

So please, stop whining and learn how to play storm.
Yes, your health is only 2250, but with your Power they will be too busy defending to channel any kind of offense!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
darthjt wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Ok Seasnake, for the last and final time, it is not Storm that is the problem, it is you! If you only have 70% power pips, you are doing something wrong! You are Legendary! You can have, if you take your time a figure things out! +21% Power pip Ring & Athame, and a +5% Power pip Pet, giving you 87% Power Pip Chance. The Same chance as Fire, Myth, and Ice.

As for your damage. Train Gargantuan Dude! +225 to any and all attacks!
Craft your Hat and your Robe! And keep the Tempest Boots, then Your stats should not read as follows:
65% Damage Boost, unless you have pet that increases damage
24% Storm Accuracy, unless you have pet that increases accuracy
Only fire and Ice resistance, unless you have a pet that gives spell proof/defy!

Critical Attack will be 150 with a 40 critical block to all

Get a Damp Demon from GameStop, a $20 pet with dragon blade. Train it to adult. Get a Sea Dragon and hatch them together. Then, you can get a Damp Demon, and keep hatching and training until you finally get these talents. Spritely, Spell Proof, Pips, and Storm shot or storm Giver!

Now, If you add treasure card Gargantuan or Card Gargantuan onto any Wildbolt with your power, It wont be Useless, it will be OverPowered!
Kraken, Stormzilla, Tempest, Triton, Leviathan, all are way too powerful. You will get plenty of Critical hits, and with a Tempest and Gargantuan attached, you can hit a critical for over 2000 off the bat.

So please, stop whining and learn how to play storm.
Yes, your health is only 2250, but with your Power they will be too busy defending to channel any kind of offense!

I play 4v4 with my storm in PvP quite a lot. It wins most of the time when going first or last. The problem is that compared to my other legendary characters my storm is by far the worst and that isn't due to my play.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well SeaSnake, if it is not your play, then read what I just said in my post. Enhance your character. With this equipment in my post, you will, without a doubt, rule in PVP, if you have any skills! Storm IS the most powerful character and there is nothing, I mean nothing that can keep Storms power at bay, if YOU know how to play! I am sorry, but a simple Kraken can do off the bat 1229 to 2458 damage. Or a tempest can do 899 or 1799 off the bat. Or a 2 pip Tempest can do 635 or 1270. These are without any blades or traps. A simple gargantuan add on, and not even a treasure gargantuan at that. So, what's your complaint again seasnake?

Oh, yes, that's right! Does storm actually do the most damage in PvP

Duh, YES!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Well SeaSnake, if it is not your play, then read what I just said in my post. Enhance your character. With this equipment in my post, you will, without a doubt, rule in PVP, if you have any skills! Storm IS the most powerful character and there is nothing, I mean nothing that can keep Storms power at bay, if YOU know how to play! I am sorry, but a simple Kraken can do off the bat 1229 to 2458 damage. Or a tempest can do 899 or 1799 off the bat. Or a 2 pip Tempest can do 635 or 1270. These are without any blades or traps. A simple gargantuan add on, and not even a treasure gargantuan at that. So, what's your complaint again seasnake?

Oh, yes, that's right! Does storm actually do the most damage in PvP

Duh, YES!

my complaint is that both my balance and my life out damages my storm, has 1000 more life and have higher pip chances not to mention all the other non-damage things they can do.... my complaint is that I used to be a die hard storm player and now I won't play storm much in PvP cause both my life and my balance are hands down better than my storm and it isn't cause my storm doesn't have the best equipment with a great pet either

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
seasnake wrote:

Seasnake, i hated my fire wizard after I reached Celestia. He advanced to the floating land and I couldn't seem to win a duel lol. I got so mad i threatened to delete him and start a noob life wizard. My good friend in the game tatiana encouraged me to have a little patience with him and i did.

The problem wasn't because i was a lousy fighter. I had already taken my myth to legend and my death but for some reason my fire wasn't cutting it. It was lacking something. I still have my lvl 50 gear with me because they were the only things that gave mje the health and boost that i needed. But i lacked critical and critical block!

So i had crafted my lvl 55 hat,robe and and boots. From then on, i practically breezed through celestia!

What I'm trying to say is try to find out what your wizard is lacking why it's not doing so well and try to improve on that.

For those who hasten to chastise you and say that you are complaining because you are not a good fighter; don't listen to them. Maybe if you go on central they may have a guide to doing PVP with a storm wiz and you may find some useful tips there.

Have fun :-)

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
Did you think of how much that costs? 20$ game stop card, dragon pet, 1-a lot of farming, snacks to train pets for certain talents, hatching, thats well over 100$ in real money if you get mega snack packs and then, what if you dont train sun school?? you have to buy back the points? 4500-6890 crowns. Not a lot of people have that kind of time and money. :?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Seasnake, i hated my fire wizard after I reached Celestia. He advanced to the floating land and I couldn't seem to win a duel lol. I got so mad i threatened to delete him and start a noob life wizard. My good friend in the game tatiana encouraged me to have a little patience with him and i did.

The problem wasn't because i was a lousy fighter. I had already taken my myth to legend and my death but for some reason my fire wasn't cutting it. It was lacking something. I still have my lvl 50 gear with me because they were the only things that gave mje the health and boost that i needed. But i lacked critical and critical block!

So i had crafted my lvl 55 hat,robe and and boots. From then on, i practically breezed through celestia!

What I'm trying to say is try to find out what your wizard is lacking why it's not doing so well and try to improve on that.

For those who hasten to chastise you and say that you are complaining because you are not a good fighter; don't listen to them. Maybe if you go on central they may have a guide to doing PVP with a storm wiz and you may find some useful tips there.

Have fun :)

First off, I am trying to help seasnake by giving him ideas on how to better his storm! Yes, I do criticize him on his posts, because most of the time he complains on nothing! Such as this, say that life and balance are more powerful than storm! He might have his life and his balance more powerful than His storm, but that is only HIS! Hence my points to making his storm all powerful! No, I think good thought out points that have meaning and bearing on the game should be posted. Yet, most people, exaggerate in their posts, don't put up facts, and cry over the smallest things! So, yes, I have made myself public enemy #1, because I am going to tell people like it is. I am tired of everyone whining, complaining, and crying over every little issue that does not go their way. So, if you don't want me posting and criticizing your posts, then be sure of your facts before you post!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
darthjt wrote:
NicoUzumaki wrote:
seasnake wrote:

First off, I am trying to help seasnake by giving him ideas on how to better his storm! Yes, I do criticize him on his posts, because most of the time he complains on nothing! Such as this, say that life and balance are more powerful than storm! He might have his life and his balance more powerful than His storm, but that is only HIS! Hence my points to making his storm all powerful! No, I think good thought out points that have meaning and bearing on the game should be posted. Yet, most people, exaggerate in their posts, don't put up facts, and cry over the smallest things! So, yes, I have made myself public enemy #1, because I am going to tell people like it is. I am tired of everyone whining, complaining, and crying over every little issue that does not go their way. So, if you don't want me posting and criticizing your posts, then be sure of your facts before you post!

I usually win with my storm, but that usually is far less than I usually win with my other wizards that are far superior to my storm in PvP cause they have the health to survive, they have higher pip chance, and honestly they even do more damage than my storm cause everyone seems to shield and resist against storm and also dispel and beguile. Hands down, no matter what I do with my storm character it won't stack up in 4v4 PvP against either of my others. Storm used to be my favorite character in PvP, and now it is by far my worst. A 1000 less health and low pip chance when everyone hits as hard as storm is more than a bit unfair.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
darthjt wrote:
NicoUzumaki wrote:
seasnake wrote:

"Tell people like it is?" I remember the post "Spelling and Grammar: Why They're Important" and that descriptor doesn't really resonate with it.

As for seasnake, I think a majority of people who criticize him for his posts are fed up with having to listen to the same erroneus "points" over and over (such as, say, me).

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
seasnake wrote:

I usually win with my storm, but that usually is far less than I usually win with my other wizards that are far superior to my storm in PvP cause they have the health to survive, they have higher pip chance, and honestly they even do more damage than my storm cause everyone seems to shield and resist against storm and also dispel and beguile. Hands down, no matter what I do with my storm character it won't stack up in 4v4 PvP against either of my others. Storm used to be my favorite character in PvP, and now it is by far my worst. A 1000 less health and low pip chance when everyone hits as hard as storm is more than a bit unfair.

Well, all I can say is, if you not doing so great in a team then do 1v1. I never use my fire in a team duel because I don't want to loose my rank. I do 1v1 and so far I win fights in a row and rank up. Once I rank up I pull my fire out of the arena because then the system will match you up with tougher oppenents and you could go back to square one.

Never enter a random team because sometimes there are people who just go in it and don't care if they win or loose; they are just there to play. SOme just want to use their medusa or thier Efreet or whatever, not knowing that it's not about them but it's a team effort.

When you team up with other players, then you guys have to plan how you gonna play, which spells each player will use each round, etc. You can't just jump in and improvise because if you go up against a team that has a plan then your team will always loose.

if you think that you are getting targeted then transform into a clock work or something, transformations are only 500 gold. As for your stats, you have to either craft or farm the bazaar for something good and dye it in nuetral colors, get a fierce hound or some other pet that doesn't scream storm. Maybe you can hatch your stormzilla with a fierce hound.

i hatched storm cat with a fierce hound and now i have a fierce hound that has "may-cast (spritely), storm resist and death boost. I'm hoping that it either gives me pip chance or storm boost/accuracy when i lvl it to epic.

i don't really know that much about storm because I just started lvl my storm character 2 weeks ago and i really don't care that much for storm. I like Myth; it's my favorite but i do better on fire in the arena. Not sure how i will do on storm, but so far i am planning ahead. I have learned all shields except tower and I definitely gonna learn sun spells and rely on my gear to give me sufficient accuracy.

Oh and don't be afraid to use dispel too, train life dispel and buy fire and ice at the bazaar, so if someone dispel you, you dispel them right back.

Get back to using wild bolt. if you go first, put gargantuan on bolt and fire away, you just might hit 1000 and if you critical then your opponent is dead, unless they ice or balance. Who cares if people call you a bolt noob lol. Everybody is spamming one thing or another so spam too.

Sometimes you have to take your opponents strategy and turn it against them. What you have to understand is that most of these players who come in with their strategies, do not have a back up plan. So try and throw then off-guard and you'll win.

I did that with a fire warlord, he basically planned to one hit kill me with efreet but it didn't work. So first thing he did was put a feint on me. so I put a fire trap on him, so now we are both even in a sense because feint is a two-edged sword. he has a 30% trap plus my 25 % trap so he's got 15% more on me. Anyways, I bladed next round then took a gamble and used heckhound, I ciritcal and he didn't block. So before he attacked, heck did 1600, he efreet and it didn't kill me because he had no blades. then next round i trap him again and that was the end of the fight.

Sometimes you have to take risks in the arena. Try to anticipate what your opponent is gonna do next and if you can defend, then defend but if it's better to attack then attack.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
dude one of your problems might be your deck. i am a legendary storm and i own in pvp a good and powerful storm wizard should always have atleast over 60% storm damage boost and all storms have low life i have 2176 health thats less than yours and you have access to all the gear that i can get so i dont see what your problem is man you might just be unlucky or you deck might stink

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
oh and man i just rememberedwith my stormzilla just at adult i still have 83% power pip and i dont have the lvl 55 crafting gear yet

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Um, if you can win many duels in celestia with a fire you are doing something wrong. When i was in celestia i only got defeated in about 2 or 3, and that was only because i didn't realize that my health was half gone.