Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

List of Ideas to Develop

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
Here are some ideas I would like to see considered to be implemented to further develop the game. I am only at level 30, so some of these may exist, but not from what I have seen.

Physical World Ideas

The levers and teleport pads are great, to continue that idea about about:

- pushables (statues/boxes) & pressure plates to open passages & turn on devices (this would allow for some team content where you have to work to manage the environment)

- secret passages which include wall panels which change as people go through them, or just illusion walls

- Pulley operated lifts, conveyor belts, moving platforms, yes a little bit of the side scroller style to change it up a little

- Night and day effects, possibly just for a zone or two. Certain spells could receive small bonuses and weaknesses depending on the time.

- More weather effects? The blowing snow is great where the Gobblers are. How about more effects like that?

- Finally, changeable environments - once you complete a section it appears a certain way, or as a number of wizards perform tasks or fight in a zone it changes

Items

Reactive Gear - new armor and items which have a percentage of producing and effect under certain conditions. For instance an ice necklace which has a 10% chance of putting 100 point ice armor on the wearer, but if hit by fire a 30% chance. Or if a wand is used against an opponent which resists it, maybe there is a % chance to proc a special effect.

Crafting
Staffs - how about being able to craft new staffs with particular looks and spell effects? So, a person could make a staff which casts the fire cat and regular fire bursts, etc. There could be themed staffs too.

Holidays
More needed - It seems like there needs to be more holidays, they add to the fun of the game. Possibly hold a contest for the players to design wizard 101 holidays and pick the best 2 or 3 to develop.

More decorations - Christmas was neat, but the shopping district should have been decked out more. Where were the wreaths on doors? etc.

Spell animations - Is there any way to do holiday spell animations? Maybe a special effect that gets turned on at Halloween, etc. and then gets shut off after a while?

A New World Idea

I was thinking where do the wizards go for vacation? How about after all of the hard work wizards have done, they are given the secret location of the wizard vacation world, but once they arrive, mischief is afoot and new quests begin.

I was thinking a tropical isle, complete with lagoon, volcano, resort, under ground caverns, jungle (yes, with wizard eating plants and giant insects), and beach zones.

Along with this new world, new spells in animal, mineral, and vegetable could be introduced. I don't have any specifics for what the spells would be, someone else could do that, but maybe 1 from each section for each school as you work through the world?

Thanks for reading & add your thoughts!

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
All of your ideas are GREAT! Allthough the day time night time and weather efects might be a bit of a chalange for KI.
Great ideas anyway.8)

Your Buddy,
Alexander Dragontamer level 28 Pyromancer(FIRE)

P.S. What's the name and school for your main wizard(or witch)?

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Besides the fact that you and 1/2 of every person on the message baords have post "new world!". Sure, and Zeke has stated a few times interactive furniture may be on there to-do list.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
One other thing I forgot, but think might have posted about before is changing "win" conditions. Normally, we have to defeat the enemy by reducing their hit points to zero.

Here are some other conditions:

Last a certain number of rounds: defend the gate, tower, etc.

Beat the clock: say in a jungle setting, there are quicksand locations, you have to win in 6 rounds or you lose. You sink a little each round of course!

Don't let them multiply: say you are fighting wizard eating plants...every 3 rounds they put off a new plant to join them in the fight.

Ordered enemies: You must defeat enemies in a particular order or it triggers effects that make them stronger.

I admit, I really enjoy this game, but I think the longevity of it will be increase with sections that expand on the game play to keep it fresh.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
Desferous wrote:
One other thing I forgot, but think might have posted about before is changing "win" conditions. Normally, we have to defeat the enemy by reducing their hit points to zero.

Here are some other conditions:

Last a certain number of rounds: defend the gate, tower, etc.

Beat the clock: say in a jungle setting, there are quicksand locations, you have to win in 6 rounds or you lose. You sink a little each round of course!

Don't let them multiply: say you are fighting wizard eating plants...every 3 rounds they put off a new plant to join them in the fight.

Ordered enemies: You must defeat enemies in a particular order or it triggers effects that make them stronger.

I admit, I really enjoy this game, but I think the longevity of it will be increase with sections that expand on the game play to keep it fresh.

I really like your ideas and i like the vacation island the best. i like the the defend the tower to. i have a question. for the defend the tower do you have to do it for a time amount or are there a number of enimies?

Alex Myth lvl 60 fire
Seth Soul lvl 9 death

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
I DEFENATLY!!! want a day and time thing for w101 it would make playing seem allot more exciting and it would be better if u could choose how dark or bright it is outside of your house due to the daylight and weather control would be awesome too

Survivor
May 24, 2009
There are staffs that you can craft but they are in CL(Celestia).To bad you're not there yet

If you wanna find me I'm Hunter Deathblade(Death)/Hunter(no last name)(Balance)

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Oh also i liked the i island thing but i think there should be chaos only at a certain lvl

Survivor
May 24, 2009
there are some fake walls i found in the massive fantasy palace. Two of them, and i'm pretty sure that they're not a glitch-my dad can go through them too
i do agree there should be more, and all over the place, just hidden

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
in the tutorial at the golem tower w101 made it rain

they already have that feature they just need to make it rain in other places
i wish they would because it looks awesome

also as for weather making wizards more powerful
i think thats what wizards summoning bubbles are for :)

love your other ideas though :D 8)