Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Checking for balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Hey Professor Greyrose I was hoping you could put some of these ideas into consideration.
1. Balance shield:
I understand that this would lower the power of Judgement, but I have 42% resist to balance and a Judgement attack with full power pips and traps and blades can knock me out of a PvP match. Also the only shield that is capable of blocking balance spells is tower shield and it is an ice spell. I just want to suggest a -50% balance shield for balance players only or making a balance version of tower shield for balance players.

A blade for balance spells only:
Every school has their own blade that gives them +40% when they attack. Why not balance? At least raise the current +25% so balance spells can have a little more attack power.

Balance Prism:
This would make fighting balance bosses way easier. A balance prism would change any balance spell randomly into ice, fire, or storm without change in attack power. This way a balance player could put on blades and traps like normal and then add a prism to beat a balance boss. Even then balance bosses have shields, so it wouldn't overpower balance wizards in that situation. This way beats taking about 5 extra turns to make hydra or spectral balst inflict about 2,000 (about same if spectral blast is storm) at most if the balance boss doesn't have shields and then repeat the process if at first you don't need to heal and put on more shields.

I hope you take these suggestions into consideration and maybe you can explain why KI didn't include these spells in the game :D. I don't want Balance to become overpowered. It's just that I went through the game and it was hard without friends to help at some points, and I want these changes to be addressed so maybe it could be easier for other balance players. Just so you know I'm lvl 54 balance wizard.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Balance is more of a support school, that's why they have all those blades and traps.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
tas95 wrote:
Hey Professor Greyrose I was hoping you could put some of these ideas into consideration.
1. Balance shield:
I understand that this would lower the power of Judgement, but I have 42% resist to balance and a Judgement attack with full power pips and traps and blades can knock me out of a PvP match. Also the only shield that is capable of blocking balance spells is tower shield and it is an ice spell. I just want to suggest a -50% balance shield for balance players only or making a balance version of tower shield for balance players.

A blade for balance spells only:
Every school has their own blade that gives them +40% when they attack. Why not balance? At least raise the current +25% so balance spells can have a little more attack power.

Balance Prism:
This would make fighting balance bosses way easier. A balance prism would change any balance spell randomly into ice, fire, or storm without change in attack power. This way a balance player could put on blades and traps like normal and then add a prism to beat a balance boss. Even then balance bosses have shields, so it wouldn't overpower balance wizards in that situation. This way beats taking about 5 extra turns to make hydra or spectral balst inflict about 2,000 (about same if spectral blast is storm) at most if the balance boss doesn't have shields and then repeat the process if at first you don't need to heal and put on more shields.

I hope you take these suggestions into consideration and maybe you can explain why KI didn't include these spells in the game :D. I don't want Balance to become overpowered. It's just that I went through the game and it was hard without friends to help at some points, and I want these changes to be addressed so maybe it could be easier for other balance players. Just so you know I'm lvl 54 balance wizard.

I think the balance prism should be called: Global prism
Global prism switches the school to the opposite school
Ex: I'm fighting a Storm boss ( And i'm storm ) and i dont have
any storm prism but, i do have a global prism so, i use it and
it switches my attack from storm to myth

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
The global prism is a good idea since balance is about supporting. I just want KI to change to add the three spells I suggested because balance needs some support themselves.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
The reason balance has no shields for its own element is what makes it unique. Sure, the spell Judgement may hit powerfully and defeat you with that one hit, but you should know that Balance is just as powerful as any other school.

~Justin Hawkhammer, Level 21 Adept Sorcerer