Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kinda anticlimactic?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Did I miss something somewhere or is that all there is to Celestia? It just kinda fizzles out? Not even a badge or something? ("Hero of Celestia" maybe? "Spiral Cartographer"?) Some kind of indication that I've battled ... well, who exactly? Some random shark dude. Who's apparently somehow related to Morganthe? And that's all?

Battling Meowiarty yielded me "Mastermind". Battling the Jade Oni yielded "Oni Slayer".

Somehow I expected some kind of showdown or finale or something. Instead she tells me that this is "just the beginning".

Oh and then, as a kinda afterthought, there's this "trial of the spheres" that feels kinda tacked-on, somehow. Again, nothing you can get out of it other than bragging rights - no badge or plot progress or such. And if you've done the side quests, you've been legendary for a while and all the supposed XP from that are not going to help you either. Hum. Really?

Don't get me wrong - I positively liked Celestia. Finally a challenge worthy of of a grandmaster (and later legendary) pyromancer. Epic, challenging, fun and ... well ... then it just kinda fades out. Nothing is resolved. Nothing is progressed.

By the end of Krokotopia I know where I was going next. And I knew why. It followed from all that had been before. There was a logical progression. At the end of Celestia I have no idea where, when, or why I should ever see this "Morganthe" person again.

The story is epic, but the storytelling is a little weak there at the end.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I think that we know as much at the end of world one of this storyline as we did at the end of WC (world one of that storyline). Yeah, the Spheres should have had a major badge, I think 'I survived three cheating pain-in-the-gluts Bosses'.

Gluts=short for gluteus maximus, etc, the three muscles in the buttocks.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
sgeier wrote:
Did I miss something somewhere or is that all there is to Celestia? It just kinda fizzles out? Not even a badge or something? ("Hero of Celestia" maybe? "Spiral Cartographer"?) Some kind of indication that I've battled ... well, who exactly? Some random shark dude. Who's apparently somehow related to Morganthe? And that's all?

Battling Meowiarty yielded me "Mastermind". Battling the Jade Oni yielded "Oni Slayer".

Somehow I expected some kind of showdown or finale or something. Instead she tells me that this is "just the beginning".

Oh and then, as a kinda afterthought, there's this "trial of the spheres" that feels kinda tacked-on, somehow. Again, nothing you can get out of it other than bragging rights - no badge or plot progress or such. And if you've done the side quests, you've been legendary for a while and all the supposed XP from that are not going to help you either. Hum. Really?

Don't get me wrong - I positively liked Celestia. Finally a challenge worthy of of a grandmaster (and later legendary) pyromancer. Epic, challenging, fun and ... well ... then it just kinda fades out. Nothing is resolved. Nothing is progressed.

By the end of Krokotopia I know where I was going next. And I knew why. It followed from all that had been before. There was a logical progression. At the end of Celestia I have no idea where, when, or why I should ever see this "Morganthe" person again.

The story is epic, but the storytelling is a little weak there at the end.

Celestia is only the first world in the new Morganthe storyline. It's like WC. Did you know Malistare's intentions after just WC? We'll probably find out Morganthe's intentions in the next world, like Malistare taking the Krokonomicon in Krokotopia.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer