Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skeleton Dragon Lvl 58 Death Spell

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 01, 2010
why is skeleton dragon so weak? i mean even with boosts in doesnt even compare to the other schools lvl 58 spells. please comment on this.

Defender
May 27, 2010
OK Skeletal Dragon is not weak i have seen it do over 2000 damage first hit then 3000 each round so it is not weak, and my friend Sean uses it a lot so i know what i am saying , It may be a DoT spell but it is powerful when used right so dont feel that it is weak

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
dont act all perfessonal ( think i spelled it right ) because you could be wrong

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Explorer
Jun 01, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
It does over 1000 damage and it mobs, you call that weak?
yup

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
It's the second highest hitting spell in the game, it's not weak

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
i dont think bone dragon is weak it is just that it is not as "diffrent" i mean look at fires it makes your next spell -90% and myth stuns for 2 truns ice attacks all, storm removes 2 blades block things i forget witch one lol , life gets there first attack all spell, and balance already has a bunch of good attacks and just got one more with ra so i think deaths dragon should do a bit more like make 100 damge then 680 over three rounds attack all, or something like it you know what i mean .

Quinn willow horn level 60 death, level 42 strom, level 31 balance, level 26 ice, and level 27 myth

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
RipShred wrote:
why is skeleton dragon so weak? i mean even with boosts in doesnt even compare to the other schools lvl 58 spells. please comment on this.

Its not that skeletal dragon is all that weak, its the fact that death is the weakest school of all. The problem with death is the fact that we have the weakest global spell of all come on 400.

As for Card boosting, to compensate for weakness we can only boost with Monstrous , or giant our odd pip spells which later in the game cause death to be penalized with pips in order to get boost. All other schools get to boost even pip spells. Death is also penalized cause the healing attacks are the weakest per pip of any school too, and they can't be boosted. And if there is any sort of shielding or resist, they don't help. Against Ice with one blade a wraith will do about 450 damage healing you for a whopping 225.

Death is weak because they are now the "fizzle school", and fizzle more than any other wizard I have. They are weak because they critical less than all other schools too.

Only good thing about death is they have good endurance for the game.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2009
I think it is a little off from the perpous of what death does. I thought it would be a spell like wraith but mor damage.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
jordanskullrider wrote:
I think it is a little off from the perpous of what death does. I thought it would be a spell like wraith but mor damage.

I havet gotten skeletal dragon yet but i have seen it. If it were to be more like wraith, i think it would be 100 first round, 500 next 3 rounds and a heal over time spell equal to half of the damage you do. Anyway, its not weak. I have seen it do tons of damage over 6000 total damage. But i dont know what your idea of strong is. If you like all of the other school lvl 58 spells try to make another wizard possibly a storm because it seems you like high hitting damage.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
jordanskullrider wrote:

I think of it as an upgraded Skeletal Pirate. My guess is that the next spell will continue the 'drain' sequence.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Skeletal Dragon is not all that weak. It just needs proper set ups. The best way to boost DoT spells, as any Pyromancer knows is with BLADES. Dragon is also good at keeping the shields down over time.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010