Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP being a joke

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2010

PVP
i have recently pvp and am rather dissapointed. The pvp was a four on four and level 50 and above. The battle lasted 3 turns. First they stuned then we passed because of stun, then they used a 5 power pip tempest that hit critical my ice wizard and a fire wizard with a tower shield were the only 2 that survived, our healer died trying to use reberth, then a meteor strike withe a blade killed my fire teamate, next in the ongoing barrage was a storm lord witch killed the only person left on my team, my ice wizard. None of us lived to see the fourth and final attack. The friend i was pvp with went to a pvp before i was able to join her. We text chated for about a minute then i went to my house and harvested 1 plant. by the time i got bavk to unicorn way her pvp was over. In the battle a fire wizard said this to me "pvp is a joke, now all you have to do is go first and get critical and you have won, ever since critical was made and until critical ends pvp will be and is a joke and will remain that, a joke" i thought about this for a while after i got off and agreed. please do something to bring pvp back to the way it was it is not fun for alot of people including me. I would suggest taking criticals out of the game other wise it will continue to be a three round whoever hits first fight.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Another PvP complainer! its called strategy. if you shield you'll be fine..... maybe you should get a critical rating!!! i beat a guy in three turns and two of my team members fled!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
storm9090038 wrote:

PVP
i have recently pvp and am rather dissapointed. The pvp was a four on four and level 50 and above. The battle lasted 3 turns. First they stuned then we passed because of stun, then they used a 5 power pip tempest that hit critical my ice wizard and a fire wizard with a tower shield were the only 2 that survived, our healer died trying to use reberth, then a meteor strike withe a blade killed my fire teamate, next in the ongoing barrage was a storm lord witch killed the only person left on my team, my ice wizard. None of us lived to see the fourth and final attack. The friend i was pvp with went to a pvp before i was able to join her. We text chated for about a minute then i went to my house and harvested 1 plant. by the time i got bavk to unicorn way her pvp was over. In the battle a fire wizard said this to me "pvp is a joke, now all you have to do is go first and get critical and you have won, ever since critical was made and until critical ends pvp will be and is a joke and will remain that, a joke" i thought about this for a while after i got off and agreed. please do something to bring pvp back to the way it was it is not fun for alot of people including me. I would suggest taking criticals out of the game other wise it will continue to be a three round whoever hits first fight.

there is something call critical block. if you think your getting hit by critical to much GET SOME CRITICAL BLOCK. DONT GO COMPLAINING TO KI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KI keep it in the game. these ppl need to learn to use things to there advantage.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
I don't think critical is right for pvp, to be honest it requires no strategy to use critical, all you do is hit. PvP is about strategy and critical is a short cut to get out of using strategy. I do have a very high critical rating but I almost never get it. When i do and it actually kills the person, i feel like i cheated. I don't have a high critical block either and i don't know where to get clothes that do. Maybe critical isn't right for pvp, like i said it requires no skill, needs no thought, no action, its just a chance you get when casting the spell and pvp shouldn't be won totally by chance all the time. Say what you want, argue that it is fair, which it might be, but you cannot say that using critical requires strategy, and that's what pvp is all about.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
PvP IS a joke though, but it always was as i cannot figure out for the health of my conjurer how to win a match without a power house or healing deck on my team. No matter what I try, I epicly fail. Also, I might have more time to figure PvP out if it didn't take 4 hours to find a proper 4v4 or 3v3 match! In other words, I can't believe how frustrating PvP is in Wizard 101.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
storm9090038 wrote:

PVP

If you have a block rating, all will be well.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
hey what if you dont have critical block or whatever its called i think PvP is a joke because when you get legendary you get critical and its not fair to people that are lower lvls like i am i'm lvl 26 and if i PvP its always a legendary and that legendary always has critical ( and yes i'm complaining about critical ) so i always die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its not fair to people that are like my lvl its just a joke no offemse KingsIsle but i think PvP should only be aloud in Massive Fantasy Palaces not in unicorn park so plz take the arena out of unicorn park so we have not as many compalints on the message boards and on wizard101 it makes me mad when i fight legendarys because you dont even know if you are gonna fight legendarys
but in the Massive Fantasy Palace you can choose what lvl person you want fight ty for reading this KingsIsle

Destiny DeathBlade

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
yea well, I have two legendary accounts and I agree about critical being unfair.
It's not a fair advantage to those of lower levels who cant get critical. And their cards arn't as strong.
We should be able to keep critical but just not able to critical in pvp.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Okay, seriously, I am sick of complainers yelling at people that use strategy. I bet if you were on the other team, this post wouldn't be here.

Igloogirl3

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
RedWolff wrote:
I don't think critical is right for pvp, to be honest it requires no strategy to use critical, all you do is hit. PvP is about strategy and critical is a short cut to get out of using strategy. I do have a very high critical rating but I almost never get it. When i do and it actually kills the person, i feel like i cheated. I don't have a high critical block either and i don't know where to get clothes that do. Maybe critical isn't right for pvp, like i said it requires no skill, needs no thought, no action, its just a chance you get when casting the spell and pvp shouldn't be won totally by chance all the time. Say what you want, argue that it is fair, which it might be, but you cannot say that using critical requires strategy, and that's what pvp is all about.

I completely agree with this! Critical has no strategy, its ruined pvp in my opinion. Yes, I do use critical. If you go first, all you need to do is blade, vengeance, then attack. I don't mind critical outside of pvp, but with most wizards health being low for the damage our attacks do, critical just makes pvp a "who can attack first."

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
First of all, you all that are complaining don't seem to understand the depth of critical rating.. YES anyone can use the spell to get +20% critical for 4 rounds- Yes anyone can cast it if they have the spell or card- Does it go "off" everytime??? NO!! Your gear plays a huge part in how the critical spell is going to work for you.. If you have gear with little critical damage, then chances are- the spell isn't going to improve you much. I have high critical on my gear, so with the spell too- makes it jump even higher when it's in play.. This is not difficult, and I hate seeing people complain about it.

New things take time to fully understand and get used too.. Just keep practicing.. I got so sick of being critical'd with the +20 critical spell that I redid my deck and trained for it too. Fair?? NO- but if you want to win you have to adjust your deck when wizard101 does new things like this- they need to make money, and that is how they do it.

The only JOKE I see in PVP is those ICE wizards that RESIST EVERY SCHOOL??? REALLY?? Imean they have the best legendary spell- the throw a bunch of traps and blades and you are dead in 1 or 2 shots, even with shields - Kinda hard to kill someone that can resist every single school and has the highest health in the game- I am so lost as to why KI would do that??