Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Krokotopia 58 Fire Wizard Boss Sothmekhet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2010
I'm a level 58 Fire Wizard trying to get my new card. Every time I go battle Sothmekhet he cheats. He puts a balance trap on me then he hits me with a Icezilla on his first turn and its starting to get on my nerve. Does anyone have any advise for me, that has already has achieved the level 58 card? :-(

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
FastCash555 wrote:
I'm a level 58 Fire Wizard trying to get my new card. Every time I go battle Sothmekhet he cheats. He puts a balance trap on me then he hits me with a Icezilla on his first turn and its starting to get on my nerve. Does anyone have any advise for me, that has already has achieved the level 58 card? :-(

Well, I am only lvl57 Fire, but I have ideas.
Loads of shields!
Henchmen (is crowns)
If no crowns, Fire Minion.
Pixies
Secondary school Life?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
ok buy a life henchman

have your best attacks and shields in your deck

kill the minion first

summon a sprite guardian if ya cant buy a henchman

use only school spells
The Unknown Legendary Pyromancer (look at my username LOL :-) :-) :-))

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
there are several other threads on this top
need to look thru the forum here and in celestia to read them
many ways to do it

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
FastCash555 wrote:

i didn't compleat all the cheating towers well nearly one of them in marly bone
because the last boss was useing all the time fire nova but i know how to compleat the cheating boss's
you must bring 4 ( exacly 3 ) people to help you
and i suggest they were level 50 or higher

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
man that boss is so easy here are some tips on winning:
1 kill the minion FIRST cause he storm so he dishes out strong attacks
2 shield like crazy
3 put up a wyldfire for boosts and that way he wont always cheat
4 get your minion out to help and heal you
5 do an epic 14 pip heckhound
6( put some health spells to heal just in case)
and dont get henchmen its just a waste i did this quest with just me and my minion. so to all the lvl 58 fire wizards out there yw cause if ya follow my strategy you will get efreet in no time at all. :-)
oh and ps use the lvl 58 gear( i forgot the name of the gear) from the bazaar cause it resists ice and storm real good so it will be great :-D

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
mat567010 wrote:
FastCash555 wrote:

because the last boss was useing all the time fire nova but i know how to compleat the cheating boss's
You cant bring 4 people, that tower is one person only.Oh btw do you have grammer?

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
FastCash555 wrote:
I'm a level 58 Fire Wizard trying to get my new card. Every time I go battle Sothmekhet he cheats. He puts a balance trap on me then he hits me with a Icezilla on his first turn and its starting to get on my nerve. Does anyone have any advise for me, that has already has achieved the level 58 card? :(
well i'm lvl 60 and i know a strategy
1.kill minion A.S.A.P otherwise they will kill you because storm spells are powerful
2.put up shields to ice once you think you have enough shields,do not use helephant or any other spell without blades or traps if you are going to though i recomend getting reshuffle use treasure card buffs also like balanceblade and fire blade treasure etc.
3.keep hitting him with powered up powerful spells hope you have a lot of critical ratings cuz you'll need it
4.repeat until he dead.
Not sure about this so don't blame me if it doesn't work (I did the boss without henchmen and minions)
Wish you good luck Jeremy Thundervault lvl 60 pyromancer,(the following will be weak so do not call me a noob reason:i rarely play on them)Jeremy Deathflame lvl 22 necromancer,Jeremy Stormcaster lvl 12 diviner,Jeremy Lifecaster lvl 12 therugist,Jeremy Mythwraith lvl 12 conjuer,Jeremy Hexflame lvl 12 sorcerer :)

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Is the boss Ice or Fire? Because I see people saying use Heckhound and no mention of a prism, sure sounds like Ice to me.

Either way, get yourself to the Bazaar and score some of the Fire Blade Treasure cards being sold by people with Sickle Plants. With DOT you really need to work the blade angle. You can get the Treasure Card version of Element Blade at the library, up to you. Often it ends up eating a yellow pip because of circumstances. You might be able to find Balance Blade Treasure card at the Bazaar, that would be better, its zero pip.

Life got a Life boss with a Storm minion, but Life was allowed to have friends.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Has anyone on this thread even FACED Sothmekhet??

People keep saying to use blades and traps, but that's the reason we Pyromancers always lose againt him.

Sothmekhet's cheat triggers when a blade, trap, or ward is used against him or on yourself. Whe this happens, he will take two turns. The first will be to place a hex on you, and the second with the card of his choice.

The secret to defeating Sothmekhet is Amplify and Wyldfire. These are the only two boosts that Sothmekhet doesn't care about. And with both on the field, preferably Wyldfire first, at the bare bones minimun attack power you have, that's about 43.75 percent increase for Fire damage, so you're a living Fireblade, not to mention the 30 percent weakness Soth has to Fire, and if you have power boosted equipment, with an unbladed Helephant, you can get well into the range of 1500 in one hit at your weakest, which is 3000 if you hit a critical. And if you DO have the gall to add blades or traps to your attack, you have to potential to take out Sothmekhet in only two hits, but don't get your hopes up.

Sothmekhet is next to impossible to solo, so if you have friends available, don't be afraid to call them for help.

A Henchman is preferable, but if you don't have the crowns, go for a Fire Minion. Without having to use blades or traps, he can get a few nice hairline hits in before Soth starts to get mad and whenn he does move to take your minion out, that's a waste of pips on him and he'll need time to recharge, giving you an opening to either sneak in a blade or a trap or nerf him with a Helephant.

A note I missed: Buy SEVERAL Gargantuans from the Bazaar, those thngs are like steroids to Helephant and will give you some massive damage.

Also, there's a fun little card that can mutate Phoenix into the most powerful mutation known to me right now: Thunderbird. The Archivist sells Thunderbird Mutates, so buy a couple and stock one or two Phoenixes in your deck, which by the way, should be fairly smaller than normal. Not as small as a novice deck, but not as huge as the Deck of Devouring Flame. You don't want to be wasting a lot of turns trying to fing the card you need, but I digress. Thunderbird, right? In addition to doing fairly noticable Storm damage, it will place THREE, count'em THREE, hexes on the opponent with no sort of consequences. Add that to your Gargantuan Helephant boosted by Amplify and Wyldfire and see what you get.

And the light at the end of the tunnel is the prized Efreet card, which is not only a poweful and much-needed ally in Celestia, but also a trophy proclaiming your accomplishment of besting Sothmekhet. Use it with pride, my friend...

Jack Fireheart Level 58 Pyromancer

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
I ignored his traps i just shielded up and put up my attack buffs and went for it.

I also bought 3 henchman 2 life and one death.

One suggestion if you dont have attack buffs in hand dont wait just attack and grind he life down. The battle took me over 30 min to finish so be ready for a fight.

Explorer
Oct 09, 2010
woot000 wrote:
mat567010 wrote:
FastCash555 wrote:

You cant bring 4 people, that tower is one person only.Oh btw do you have grammer?

why are you criticizing him you smart one spelled grammar wrong its g-r-a-m-m-a-r no offense ;)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Yes, I have faced Sothmekhet and BEAT him the first time.
My wizard had ALL. level 58 gear. I did not get the first hit at him, but that was not an issue. Actually, I did nothing until I got my minion up on the 3rd or 4th round except shield. (yes. Sothmekhet is Ice. minion Storm) He is going to hit you with balance traps everytime you shield but once your minion is up, and shielding and blading, he will put those traps on your minion or even the henchmen that you may have. KILL minion asap. I used helephant with fire blade and a set of elemental blades.

As soon as I got fire minion up, I hired a level 60 fire henchman and the last was a life henchman. My minion was of more use than either henchman, but they did help with doing damage to the boss. I did get some heals from the life henchman but only enough to keep me alive and never full health.

My suggestion is to do what you think is best for your wizard to prepare for the battle and take your best shot. We all know that not 2 battles with the same boss is going to go the same way. The only other suggestion would be that if you don't have the crowns for the henchmen, then at least try to train Treant with training points. Be sure to have several loaded and as soon as one shows, keep it up till you need it. DO NOT DISCARD this polymorph.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legenday Life
Grand Master Pyromancer (almost lvl60)
Grand Master Balance lvl 52

Myself and all of my wizards ( there are more) wish you the best of luck.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
Has anyone on this thread even FACED Sothmekhet??

People keep saying to use blades and traps, but that's the reason we Pyromancers always lose againt him.

Sothmekhet's cheat triggers when a blade, trap, or ward is used against him or on yourself. Whe this happens, he will take two turns. The first will be to place a hex on you, and the second with the card of his choice.

The secret to defeating Sothmekhet is Amplify and Wyldfire. These are the only two boosts that Sothmekhet doesn't care about. And with both on the field, preferably Wyldfire first, at the bare bones minimun attack power you have, that's about 43.75 percent increase for Fire damage, so you're a living Fireblade, not to mention the 30 percent weakness Soth has to Fire, and if you have power boosted equipment, with an unbladed Helephant, you can get well into the range of 1500 in one hit at your weakest, which is 3000 if you hit a critical. And if you DO have the gall to add blades or traps to your attack, you have to potential to take out Sothmekhet in only two hits, but don't get your hopes up.

Sothmekhet is next to impossible to solo, so if you have friends available, don't be afraid to call them for help.

A Henchman is preferable, but if you don't have the crowns, go for a Fire Minion. Without having to use blades or traps, he can get a few nice hairline hits in before Soth starts to get mad and whenn he does move to take your minion out, that's a waste of pips on him and he'll need time to recharge, giving you an opening to either sneak in a blade or a trap or nerf him with a Helephant.

A note I missed: Buy SEVERAL Gargantuans from the Bazaar, those thngs are like steroids to Helephant and will give you some massive damage.

Also, there's a fun little card that can mutate Phoenix into the most powerful mutation known to me right now: Thunderbird. The Archivist sells Thunderbird Mutates, so buy a couple and stock one or two Phoenixes in your deck, which by the way, should be fairly smaller than normal. Not as small as a novice deck, but not as huge as the Deck of Devouring Flame. You don't want to be wasting a lot of turns trying to fing the card you need, but I digress. Thunderbird, right? In addition to doing fairly noticable Storm damage, it will place THREE, count'em THREE, hexes on the opponent with no sort of consequences. Add that to your Gargantuan Helephant boosted by Amplify and Wyldfire and see what you get.

And the light at the end of the tunnel is the prized Efreet card, which is not only a poweful and much-needed ally in Celestia, but also a trophy proclaiming your accomplishment of besting Sothmekhet. Use it with pride, my friend...

Jack Fireheart Level 58 Pyromancer

Yes, I've faced him, and if you play him the right way, his cheat is almost laughable. Each time he cheats, he casts the same hex trap. So, don't worry about those traps, because only one will be triggered for each time he hits you. The key to beating him is remarkably simple. Go to the bazaar and purchase treasure card shields. Load your sideboard up with a fair amount of them so that an 85% shield is always a click away. That takes the sting right out of those traps he lays. As others have already said, take the minion out first (take the time to cast a shield if you have to wait on pips to do so), then immediately shield yourself. Heal if need be (which is likely), and keep adding shields as the boss takes them down. Once you have your health where you need it, build up your attack (continuing to shield as needed) and then hit him with everything you have. It's not really all that hard, you just have to shield quite a bit which makes the battle take longer.