Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New servers badly needed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
As you all know, Wizard 101 has taken off like wild fire! I love this game, but the servers are way over populated and when you change 'areas' within those servers, if you leave that area after a quest, your dumped back into area 1 with a ton of peeps and lag becomes a problem for many. Aggression is becoming a problem with a lot of peeps and including 'myself', because I am generally a very nice person and mild tempered, but when the servers are so crowded that at 2:30 a.m. someone jumps into my fight because they need the same mobs and there's no others around, then there's a serious issue with the amount of servers available.
Second, we need new servers because when I quest, I like to do it alone, as I'm sure a lot of you do too. So, when your spending 30 minutes trying to get one single quest item off of a mob and poor Joe Wizard is on a quest where he needs those particular mobs, then poor Joe Wizard has 2 choices... jump in your fights or try to find a server where there's not 15 people the same area taking all of the mobs that Joe Wizard needs.
I stopped playing Aion after the first month due to many issues with over crowding, but they also only had 10 servers in the beginning when they released their game.
I won't be leaving Wizard 101, but instead I would like to see that this game help all us Wizards by adding more servers so the aggression from others doesn't cause everyone around them to become aggressive as well.
Maybe a good cure as well would be that if a person shifts "areas" and when they teleport to a different location, that perhaps they can stay in the area they moved to. Example: I move to area 3 to get away from the population while on Unicorn Way. I'm told to talk to Merle Ambrose. Ok, when I press my 'commons' button, I would like to stay on area 3 instead of being moved back to area 1 where there are 50 people just standing around the pond talking. That would be a good help to keep the area 1 servers less populated and keep the peace between players as well.
I'm not a person who gets upset or angry easily, but the last few days has gotten my nerves riled up a little, with having to log off the server or flee a battle because someone else jumps in them when I would personally rather just quest alone for now.
Please help us Wizards and give us a few more servers so the wonderful population growth of your game can help us and Joe Wizard do what can without having to switch servers so often or to switch to other 'areas' within the server, just to quest.
Thank you.
Peace and have a great day :D

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
instead of switching areas, switch realms. They count as seperate servers, and can vastly diminish lag. I, personally, cannot be in Wizard City commons or in Celestia Base Camp on a Crowded or Full server due to lag.

Remember, the order for how full a realm is goes Perfect > Normal > Crowded > Full - and the more crowded a realm is, the higher on the list it appears. To switch to non-crowded realms, just skip to the last page of the realms and select the bottom one.

Until all realms are at Full all the time, I don't think we really need any more servers. The Peak periods are only a few hours long, during the short time where the whole world is awake (Americans just got home from school, Asians/Australians are waking up or being bored in the early hours of school/work, and the Europeans/Africans are staying up late). Anywhere outside of the Peak hours, most of the realms are at Perfect condition.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Okay...
Usually the first few servers are full. Then the next few are crowded. Then around three are normal then for three pages they are perfect. Why dont you actually try to join a 'Normal' or 'Perfect' server? Then solo your quest and carry on.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2008
I would really love it if they would upgrade their servers so that I wouldn't constantly have to be logging out and back in whenever the game decompensates. It is ridiculous to be a subscriber and have to log out after every other battle because the servers are lagging or some weird screen of death with only cards showing comes up.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
i have had the same problem about the fighting alone thing. Ok, so im in Cl and in the science center. There is one aqua-bot left and the aqua-bot is one round from dying cause i use my bone drake and then, LAST SECOND, This random guy joins and says hi. He see's that i just killed that last one and he ruined everything, plus i am dying, but he doesnt even care. He fights on and doesnt say anything. I end up dying (GRRRR) and he ends up running away. I've had this problem many many times in the last few weeks. I start fighting, and i'm alone, and then a min later theres a full house I:.
~Samantha Crowvault lvl 58 Death
~Mackenzie Jadeheart lvl 48 Storm

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
I have the same distate for crowded servers and the same affinity for solo questing. However, I never have a problem finding a perfect server. Try clicking to the end of the list instead of the next server. I'm sure yuo'll find one marked perfect there.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Indeed, today I logged in, and got a terrible shock - more than 2.5 Pages of FULL servers and 0 Normal or Perfect rated servers. Sigh, oh well... Perhaps we will see new servers come into play with the new year... and maybe have the upgraded friends list at the same time. My opinion - Friend by Account, not Friend by Wizard... 100 Accounts = 600 Wizards, a fair trade off... Although I think KingsIsle would need to change some of the Account names to be more appropriate than the ChickenMc's Account name...

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
I'd also like to add to the request for additional servers. I've had times where none of the servers were less than "crowded". Makes for slow gameplay even on a good PC with broadband.

Other than that, liking the game very much :)

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
Wizzgal wrote:
On busy days, all servers are "Crowded" or "Full".

True. I was playing and me and my friend wanted to fight Cuthalla in stormriven. When I to change realms (cause the real we were on had a full fight against cuthalla) I saw that all the realms were either full or crowded.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I'm guessing KI is aware of the issue.

Remember the weekend before school starting and you couldn't even get from Ravenwood to the Commons?

Come to think of it, maybe we need a way to shortcut from being in Celestia to say the Bazaar that doesn't include a trip through the Commons.

It could be a circular path like the one between what is it Fire Cat Alley and Cyclops Lane? Something to keep people not having to be in the Commons.

Or maybe there is an outer ring path that goes from Ravenwood to Golem Court to Bazaar area, pet Arena, anything off of the Commons. There is a small problem with noob quests, but put some brain behind it, a solution could be figured out.

There's a ring in DragonSypre too, you can get into Plaza of Conquests from more than one way.

Another suggestion, we need a SOLO server, if you are on it, a battle cannot be joined after say the first round.