Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I have an idea

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2010
its cool how W101 likes to celebrate the holidays but i just thought of something. What about all the people who dont celebrate chrstmas? I'm not saying anything bad about different beleifs AT ALL but it would be nice to have like a Kwanza or Haunnika (i know they're spelled wrong). tell me what you think ppl! :)

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
starwarsguy765 wrote:
its cool how W101 likes to celebrate the holidays but i just thought of something. What about all the people who dont celebrate chrstmas? I'm not saying anything bad about different beleifs AT ALL but it would be nice to have like a Kwanza or Haunnika (i know they're spelled wrong). tell me what you think ppl! :)

Now THERE'S an idea. I really do hate the focus on Christian holidays (Christmas, Easter) at the expense of holidays from other religions (Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Passover, that Muslim holiday with the name that escapes me where they fast for the month... etc.). They don't even do New Year's.

Survivor
May 19, 2010
FoxFyr wrote:
starwarsguy765 wrote:

Now THERE'S an idea. I really do hate the focus on Christian holidays (Christmas, Easter) at the expense of holidays from other religions (Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Passover, that Muslim holiday with the name that escapes me where they fast for the month... etc.). They don't even do New Year's.

Ill start with this, I am by all means a christian, born and raised.
I dont mean to pry or blame or blast anything or one but christmas is NOT a christian holiday. It was a pagan holiday, of furtility (life), from africa that was stolen by the church and used as christs birth as they didn't and still don't know the exact date. Dont believe me then do your own research. Oh and easter has nothing to do with the death of christ. It also was a pagan celebration of life, in europe, that just happen to fall around the same time of the year as christs death.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
I think you have a grand idea! I celebrate Christmas, but would love to see other religions celebrated as well! The special sellers and npcs could do some teaching as well as selling, and we'd all learn something new!

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Phoenix2891 wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
starwarsguy765 wrote:

Ill start with this, I am by all means a christian, born and raised.
I dont mean to pry or blame or blast anything or one but christmas is NOT a christian holiday. It was a pagan holiday, of furtility (life), from africa that was stolen by the church and used as christs birth as they didn't and still don't know the exact date. Dont believe me then do your own research. Oh and easter has nothing to do with the death of christ. It also was a pagan celebration of life, in europe, that just happen to fall around the same time of the year as christs death.
i dont mean just christmas. there isnt a single jewish or muslim holiday celebrated in W101 at all. :(