Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More for the unsubscribers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
maybe a little more for the unsubscribers. my sister is one. and she does not like it when i go to krokotopia or celestia or anything like that. what about you could choose one unsubscriber that could come along to any world with you. they need to discover more and its not there fault they cant be a subscriber.
do you agree??

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
livi2002 wrote:
maybe a little more for the unsubscribers. my sister is one. and she does not like it when i go to krokotopia or celestia or anything like that. what about you could choose one unsubscriber that could come along to any world with you. they need to discover more and its not there fault they cant be a subscriber.
do you agree??
yes i agree

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
You and your sister should of made wizards on the same account, so she could enjoy the wonders of being a subscriber! You could take turns...
back on track. I think more for unsubscribers would be great! Let them explore ALL of Wizard City but they have to pay for krokotopia!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
You and your sister should of made wizards on the same account, so she could enjoy the wonders of being a subscriber! You could take turns...
back on track. I think more for unsubscribers would be great! Let them explore ALL of Wizard City but they have to pay for krokotopia!

Initially you could play all of WC except Colossus and Sunken City without having to purchase. However, KingsIsle changed that to requiring Firecat Alley and Cyclops Lane to be purchased or subbed, so I do not see this going back.

Personally, I think Unsubs have too much as it is. If they get to Level 15, they can buy houses if they can afford it. If they get to Level 12, they can now Garden. I personally had felt that the Pet Pavillion should have been a Paid for area.

The most you people can hope for will be the Return of Crab Alley or a similar area in WC for noob wizards. To the Original Poster: add your sister to your Family Account, and you can transfer her crowns to buy areas, or you can use the Family Plan price of 6.95 a month for the sub.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Wait...you're a subscriber, but your sister isn't? Okay...anyway, on the topic at hand, I think that non-subscribers should be able to at least finish Wizard City. I think Wizard101 is at a point where that would be a fairer compromise than the current one. However, having a "Take your non-subscriber to play" option doesn't seem like a good idea. I can see KI losing a lot of money; even if it was restricted to one True Friend only, it still wouldn't be good for business. Sadly, all it comes down to is the bottom line.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
livi2002 wrote:
do you agree??

I disagree. KI is very generous in allowing people to experience the game in the free-to-play areas. Those who do not pay have access to the Commons, Ravenwood, Olde Town (including the Bazaar), Unicorn Way, Golem Tower, and Triton (including Haunted Cave), along with training of pets and practice derby (Pet Pavilion), PvP practice arena, and now gardening. There are no limits on leveling a wizard or pet and no limit on the items that can be purchased. As far as I can tell, no other on-line game is as generous toward non-paying players as Wizard 101.

If they open up other areas to those who do not pay-to-play, why should anyone pay for the game?

People who pay for the game (subscription and/or crowns) make it possible for KI to expand and improve the game.

Imagine the uproar in the Forum with the influx of low level players flooding the paid areas and interfering with the battles. Also the constant begging that would take place in the Commons for paying players to take the non-paying to other areas.

I have ten accounts and would resent having non-paying wizards in the areas that I have paid to play.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)