Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
I don't understand, why when your membership expires you can't report someone. I've had plenty of people who have been rude while I am not a member and I go to click the Report button and it's not working. Care to elaborate?

Defender
May 31, 2010
XMike551X wrote:
I don't understand, why when your membership expires you can't report someone. I've had plenty of people who have been rude while I am not a member and I go to click the Report button and it's not working. Care to elaborate?

Not sure, think it would have to do with having a registered account. Because reporting works both ways, even the person doing the reporting can be banned from filing too many false reports.
Could you imagine someone getting upset at a friend, then creating several free accounts that night and reporting their friend on each one. Just to try and "get back" at them. KI could get overwhelmed with reports, and those serious reports, could get lost, or not get the attention they need.

Being rude, isn't a reportable offense. Working around the chat filters with abusive language is. Also asking personal questions of other wizards is also reportable.

If you are having problems with another wizard, you can use the ignore button. If this person was speaking publicly in one of the free areas that was abusive, even though you can't report, good chance someone else who can will.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
My guess (since I don't work for KingsIsle) is that allowing free players to report would encourage clone-reporting. There are people who, if they were angry enough at somebody, would make a number of free accounts, log them in, and use them to file reports.