Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My suggestion to fix both porting and ...

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
So, I have been thinking about the porting issue as well as the issue with people joining a circle without asking. It seems to me that the best fix for both would be for KI to implement a new feature for the first position in the circle. When you occupy the first spot, you should have a button which allows you to "lock the duel". It would in essence act the same way that it currently does when the circle is full so that should someone try to join without permission (including random porting whether to you or others already in the circle), they can at best be visually annoying. Further, KI could also choose to implement a pop-up message asking for permission should someone try to join so that you could merely click "approve" to allow help should you need it.

It seems to me that this approach is a good compromise between those that don't wish to be disturbed, and those that don't mind friends porting. KI could also add a new security setting allowing you to set automatic duel locking for those that have a distinct preference to solo. I'm curious what the community thinks of this idea.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Unforunately, that idea has so much potential for abuse... Someone helping a few low levels with a hard boss leaves the circle after a defeat so they can use a potion and hop back in. BAM, circle's been locked while they're away, leaving the low level newbies who the person was helping to get all the credit and rewards and leaving the helper stranded.

People taking all of the spawns of Sunbirds and other rare mobs.

People blocking off wandering bosses and prevents others from participating and getting their quests done.

As it is, the game runs into a brick wall - preformance wise - as soon as one or more duel rings are near you, as it renders each and every animation of all the many spells used. This would only be even more prevalent than it is now, as you'd see 90% duel circles with just a single person in them.

There is also the issue of aggroing monsters - currently, the game will open a new duel circle for you when you enter combat; unless there's a duel circle within a specific distance of you, in which case you'll be added to that circle along with your target. Exception is if the duel circle is full, where it'll make a new one for you.

The idea has merit, but it just isn't possible to add it as it is without causing some severe headaches for people everywhere. Not to mention that most of the friends I've picked up (and I doubt I'm the only one who did so) are random people that happened to join my duel circle - or I joined theirs.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
To fix porting, we should be able to DECLINE a person trying to port to us, much as we would decline a friend request, group request, hatch request, or even ignore a Trade request.

I would however like to see the ability to make the Battle Circle Friend/Group only because I've had too many issues with RUDE wizards stealing a spot in my full group's farming exploits because they wanted to test out a boss that's beyond their understandings.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Defender
Feb 28, 2010
If you are in a group and start a battle, the circle automatically reserves a space for each person in your group. You will notice swirling in the empty spaces, that's a reserved spot. No one other than your friends can join, unless of course if one or more of them end up in another battle. The minute your group friends start a new battle, those spaces become available for anyone to join.

Johnist wrote:
To fix porting, we should be able to DECLINE a person trying to port to us, much as we would decline a friend request, group request, hatch request, or even ignore a Trade request.

I would however like to see the ability to make the Battle Circle Friend/Group only because I've had too many issues with RUDE wizards stealing a spot in my full group's farming exploits because they wanted to test out a boss that's beyond their understandings.