Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Able to change all pet colors

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
One of the main reasons why i hatch pets is to get a cool pet design and/or color. I really don't care about the stats or the pet derby. Wasting 30,000 to 40,000 gold to gain the chance of the pet becoming a rare hybrid or changing colors is a little much. I think there should be the option to change the colors of all pets...for those who just want a cool looking pet.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
jacobcady wrote:
One of the main reasons why i hatch pets is to get a cool pet design and/or color. I really don't care about the stats or the pet derby. Wasting 30,000 to 40,000 gold to gain the chance of the pet becoming a rare hybrid or changing colors is a little much. I think there should be the option to change the colors of all pets...for those who just want a cool looking pet.

I agree, why have a place to change the pets colors, if you can't. The only pets you can change the colors on, are the lame pets you can buy for gold starting out in wc. Why can't you change the colors of pets that you get from gift cards? Or pets that you buy with crown? Honestly, it is cash we are spending, we should be able to change colors on things we actually pay for!

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
I think there should be the option to change the colors of all pets...for those who just want a cool looking pet.

Well, that is what the basic pets are for... They are all for looks.

Why can't you change the colors of pets that you get from gift cards? Or pets that you buy with crown?

I do agree to an extent.
It would be nice to see more advanced pets with customization capabilities to fit our Wizardly desires. The only examples I know of so far are the Fierce Hound and Mander. (Good job on those, by the way!)

Perhaps there could be a 'strong' version of the common Wizard City pets? Sure, theoretically, one could breed one of them to have a good pedigree if you've got lots of time and/or Crowns to spare, but why go through all the effort and trouble of making a Piggle or Dragon with Sea Dragon stats if you can just buy the Sea Dragon itself? (Or receive a Defender Pig free with a Gift Card!)

Also, though it is too late now, since the Krok / Krokotillian is Balance-oriented, perhaps they can be 'dyed' like Krokenkamen, Krokhotep, Krokopatra, and a plain green Krok, respectively? (Instead of just Krokenkamen). There also could have been a plain 'Ghost' pet, that can be dyed red, blue, yellow, etc. Same for Cat Thugs, Ianthine Spectres, Ninja Pigs, Banshees, Manders, and probably other pets that I cannot think of at the moment but share the same body structure and only have different colors...!