Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Fix Power Nova!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Dear KI, for some reason Power Nova is classified as a charm spell. This means that we Balance wizards are not able to enchant this card to increase its power. In CL this is definitely a problem. It appears to be a charm because it puts a weakness on all parties. But I am pretty sure people don't use this for the weakness! We have Weakness for that! Also, Efreet puts a weakness on it's target (a very substantial weakness) and it is not a charm spell.

So please fix Power Nova to be an attack spell, which is indeed how we use the spell. Other Balance wizards, please chime in below so KI knows we need this fixed.

Thanks!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:
Dear KI, for some reason Power Nova is classified as a charm spell. This means that we Balance wizards are not able to enchant this card to increase its power. In CL this is definitely a problem. It appears to be a charm because it puts a weakness on all parties. But I am pretty sure people don't use this for the weakness! We have Weakness for that! Also, Efreet puts a weakness on it's target (a very substantial weakness) and it is not a charm spell.

So please fix Power Nova to be an attack spell, which is indeed how we use the spell. Other Balance wizards, please chime in below so KI knows we need this fixed.

Thanks!

I am not sure how I feel about this post! Addison Crawford is exactly right, Nova is considered a charm spell because of Weakness and should not be.

Yet, will KI change this fact, or will they change Efreet to be a charm spell and then it wont be enchanted! This would enfuriate Fire characters!

I don't see the harm in making Nova enchantable though, but then again, since players don't have a shield for balance, I can still see everyone complaining about it. Yet, you can enchant RA, so, with that said, I say, you can't please everyone and go ahead and make Super Nova enchantable!

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
You can enchant with accuracy boosting cards, and a whole bunch of 15% cards can now be found at the Bazaar. Just sort by price and get the cheapest ones.

Death got stuck in the same boat, we can only increase the accuracy of Scarecrow. So when Celestia came out, I used up all the 95% enchanted Crow and now only pack 100% Crow.

And to tell you the truth, I prefer a spell I KNOW is going to hit rather than one that might hit.

On the other account, I trained my Life up to Gargantuan in Sun, but now I question did I make the right choice, because Accuracy boosts can be put on both hits and heals. Sigh Why didn't I catch that before? On the other hand, 10% Accuracy Treasure Cards go for nothing; maybe I should load the Treasure Card area with heals ONLY and save the normal for hits. I fixed the deck up with Vengeance, Gargantuan, Life Blade, and Forest Lord I cleaned out Sunken City streets, nothing was left standing (probably because nothing is Life in SC).

Another interesting thing I noticed, Pixie or Fairy or whatever its called, the Life version of the spell everyone gets in Unicorn Way is 100% accurate, so it cannot be enchanted, but tell you what, put on the ring and athame that boost outgoing healing, and aim clothes for max critical and oh my, you can heal like crazy with that spell! And, unlike everybody elses, a Life can heal whomever they want, and its just one yellow pip.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
Yes yes yes yes. KI, you need to change Power Nova and Scarecrow so that people can use sun cards on them.