Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We finally finished Sunken City!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
:D Yippee!!!! We finally got through it!!! Took all three of us, plus the help of another player, Angel Death, to get through, but we did it!!! Oh yeah, and it took us like three hours. Do a battle, take turns warping back to commons to heal, sneak around on the sidewalks to next battle tower. But we finally got it. Sorry, I just had to crow about it.

Administrator
Congratulations, that is quite a feat!

Now you can triumphantly wear your Sunken City Survivor badge.

Look out Malistaire, squeaky1 and friends are coming for you!
:)

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Survivor
Nov 30, 2008
My son and I tried it last night and go though 2 sections before we decided to come back later when we are higher levels (currently 15) or with another player. We CAN do them but they aren't fun because it's just a little to hard for the 2 of us.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
i hate sunken city.

it makes me hungry.
it takes to long.
you waste potions.
its takes for EVER to get friends to get that quest.
you always die.
i am all ways worrying whiel iam in there.

see this is why i regret making other wizards, you got to do sunken city.

- ian deathshard

Administrator
Sunken City is optional lavepen.
You are not required to complete Sunken City to move forward in Wizard101.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 21, 2008
Maybe not required to finish but if your like me I "Have to do it all" I did every single quest with my first toon including all the silly halloween type ones..lol.. she finished Mooshu at lv 45. Kind of anticlimatic. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get into Kensington. I have never gotton the quest. Anyway, Congrats..Sunken City is not easy at all...Fiona Dragon Tamer

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Where and what is Sunken City? :?

I'm now in Krokotopia :-o

Anyway From Mary WindStrider, the one who always asks then is able to do it :P

But seriously I don't know where Sunken City is.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
8)
But seriously I don't know where Sunken City is. i am in marlybone and the sunken city in wizard city is in the nighside. I am NOT saying that there is one in the other worlds.
8)

Survivor
Nov 06, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

then is their more then the 4 streets we have to do i was on all day(7 hours) to finest cyclopes lane and fire cat alley and I'm level 15
so is their more what level do i have to be at to go to the first wold? :? :? :? :? :? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

(sorry about the smiles :) )

Survivor
Oct 29, 2008
Congrats on finishing Sunken City!!!!
I've been there at least 5 times with each of my two characters...and have not yet been able to finish. I do have a question though???
Why can the spectars and wandering characters just grab me off of the sidewalks everytime I am there. I could be up against a wall with no where to go and they grab me into a battle. Is this just a part of the level or what?

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Is there something else I can do to get people to come to nightside/sunken city other than standing by the waterfall and shouting. I do this all the time and I've never gotten anyone.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
It is a part of the level, but it also helps prepare you for parts of the harder worlds. In every area, the mobs have a certain invisible path that they always follow. In most of Wizard City, this path never goes up on the sidewalk. But in Sunken City there are places where the sidewalk is in the monster path. If you watch several of them go by, you can learn where their path is and try to find a safer place to walk. Or you can learn to follow quietly behind the last monster in the parade. In Marley bone you will find that their paths are often along the sides, so the safest place for you to walk is right up the middle .

In certain spots in Sunken City, the monster's area where they will grab you is as wide as the whole street. This means there are a few spots where you have to fight no matter what.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
lainas71 wrote:
I've been there at least 5 times with each of my two characters...and have not yet been able to finish. I do have a question though???
Why can the spectars and wandering characters just grab me off of the sidewalks everytime I am there. I could be up against a wall with no where to go and they grab me into a battle. Is this just a part of the level or what?

It provides an excellent challenge!

Personally, I brag to people that I've NEVER been pulled into a fight I didn't want to be in in Sunken City.

Kane Hexcrafter - Awesome streetgoer.

(P.S. I never actually finished it; do you think it's soloable at level 45?)

Survivor
Nov 06, 2008
lainas71 wrote:

thats why it so hard you have no control that you battle or not
and you battle 4 at a time :) :)

Taylor LifeDreamer
an ice wizard

Survivor
Nov 06, 2008
woow wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

then is their more then the 4 streets we have to do i was on all day(7 hours) to finest cyclopes lane and fire cat alley and I'm level 15
so is their more what level do i have to be at to go to the first wold? :? :? :? :? :? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

(sorry about the smiles :) )

i was wrong im now level 17 and and in Krokotopia

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I finished it on my first character, now my other characters will probably do it later on, depends if there are people around. You friend request them before going in, otherwise it will be hard to teleport when needed.

So cool! I wish the other instanced levels were optional, then you can skip them and the game will be quicker.

My first character is now in Marlybourne, trying to finish the Ironworks which is instanced.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I still don't know how to form a group of people for nightside/sunken city!! Like I said earlier I always stand by the waterfall and shout for more people. Is there ANYTHING else I could do or a place to meet people who want to go.....

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Jrox28 wrote:
I still don't know how to form a group of people for nightside/sunken city!! Like I said earlier I always stand by the waterfall and shout for more people. Is there ANYTHING else I could do or a place to meet people who want to go.....

I need help too!!! I will help. I am level 25 healer. My name is Autumn Emeraldbloom. What time are you on?

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I just finished Sunken City but I did not get the item of proof!!!! I am so upset! I really do not want to have to go through it again! I died once during the battle with Grub, then fled back to the commons and used a potion and then warped back into the battle. I wonder if this affected it somehow.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I managed to finish it last night. Had to start over from the beginning and I went in with one other person. We ended up having to kill Grubb twice cause one of us died and had to port back.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
Hey,
Me and my Friend finished Sunken City yesterday, I died only one time because of this pull from the sidewalk. We were lvl 12 Storm and Myth Wizards, so it is not that hard at all, you only have to work together and make a plan. It was long ok but since now it was the most fun in wizard city :D
Greets
Duncan OwlHeart

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
My mom and I, yes, we play as a mother/daughter deo. Question I would like to know is, we beat Sunken City all the way to Grubb and beat him, though we did not get the item of proof for Grubb to complete it. What do we do, please help.