Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-3-10

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Friday has peeked around the corner again, and we're busy sprucing up gardening in preparation for our release to Live Servers soon! However, we wanted to take some time, since it's nearing the end of the year, to gather feedback about what we've done in 2010, and what's to come in 2011. This will be over the next few Fridays, so while there will be time to talk about everything, please stick to the topic at hand. And, as always...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to find out what your favorite update (we know that gardening isn't out quite yet, but it's on test). Please vote!

Here are links to the update notes if you'd like to refresh your memory...
<a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/april2010">Advanced Pets</a>
<a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/june2010">Celestia Preview</a>
<a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/september2010">Selena Gomez</a>
<a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes">Celestia, New Schools, Level 60 Cap</a>
<a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/november2010x">Gardening</a>

Results
What was your favorite 2010 update?
Advanced Pets (May) 11%
Celestia Preview (July) 2%
Selena Gomez (September) 9%
Celestia, New Schools, Level 60 Cap (October) 72%
Gardening (December) 7%

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
My favorite is the advanced pets. Though I'm loving the gardening its kinda slower moving deal and I haven't been able to see all the features yet or most of the Gardening vendors (I can't seem to find half of them).

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Professor, by far I would say that my favorite updates are in this order:
Celestia (Huge Challenge, grand design and world)
Celestia Pre-Quest (Great job with a challenge, a bit annoyed it isn't REQUIRED)
Gardening (Great update to the system)
Advanced Pets (Great update to the system)

The LEAST exciting update had to be the Selena Gomez update... I hope in the future Crab Alley comes back, with a much greater and perhaps permanent purpose to the Spiral.

I would also like to know WHEN WILL THE HIGH LEVEL BOSSES BE DROPPING WINGS?

Community Leader
Hello Professor Falmea,

I actually have 2. Of course the Celestia update and level cap, but favorite one coming to live realm is the new furniture and gardening which I voted for. After all I simply love housing.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Um i'm taking a chance here, not sure if this is a bannable offense lol but here goes:

So far Celestia is the BEST thing that happened in terms of updates. I like the new level cap increase and the new spells. I hate the excessive fizzles and spamming of tower shields by the ice mobs and bosses.

I like the idea of the advanced pets but it's still a work in progress as far as i am concerned. You still need to find a better system for leveling pets, I'm very sorry but those mini pets games are very monotonous and gives very little points.

Um as for gardening, i haven't been on your test servers so don't know what to say about it except that unless i can plant blood moss, and black lotus, etc then I'm not really gonna take up gardening. We need to plant our own reagents, so if the plants are just gonna give gold and stuff then i don't see the need to garden.

Here's the tentative part: um i have posted an idea for a new world in your dorms, not sure if am allowed to mention it here. Anyways, it's entitled; WIZARD 101-Scythia: the 8th world. I'd be glad if you could take a look at it and tell em what you think :)

Thank you

Survivor
Jul 20, 2010
I'm digging Celesta and the new Magic schools the most, very Nemo.
I also like the games you can do with your pets in the Pets Pavilion.

I'd love to see Grizzleheim get a nice Quest group that ties it to this new villian Morganith from Celestia. Grizzleheim is way too detatched to whats going on in the spiral. It would be great to see it have some main plot stuff added to it. Like maybe She is going after the runes the Ravens, Wolves, and Bears hold. Could always add a cave behind that giant waterfall in North Guard. She could also go and wreak havoc in alot of the other worlds of the spiral.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Celestia. Definitely. A HUGE new world, tons of challenging bosses that actually requires you to do more than just mindlessly beat away at them, new schools...

Still curious to see how Gardening will turn out, as I haven't been on Test realm. I sure hope it'll drop some reagents. Can I plant quarry flowers?

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Of course, my favorite is Celestia, challenge and all. I don't care for the gardening much. It's too slow and we can't plant things we need like Black Lotus and stuff. Now if the plants gave us things like that when we harvested them , now that would be something.
The advanced pets update didn't really affect me much as I was a new player back then and didn't really pay attention to the pets until after the update, so I don't know much about it pre-update.
I would still love to see Celestial houses. I've seen features around Celestia that I would love to see incorporated into the houses. Like those shark teepees in the Gateway of the Stars. And those stone buildings in there, too. I like the furniture in the Grotto, as well.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I am pleased to say that the much awaited level cap has finally gone up, I was expecting it sooner with GH but alls well, cause this beats even the dragonspyre expansion,

Beta Player:
Valerian Skullcrafter: Legendary Necromancer
Jason Firebringer : Legendery Thaumutarge

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
I really do not like the new world cause it is a cross between Grizzlehyme and Marlybone. The is no imagination behind it when you do nothing but combine two worlds were is the challenge in that? It is too tedious and the bosses cheat were as the players can not cheat. It takes too much to get to the new world and you have to do too much just to get to the next lvl. A new world that is not that hard to get too and were the bosses cheat but the players can cheat as well but only with the bosses would be better. Playing underwater is cool and all but it just takes too much time just to do one quest.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
I just recently hit level 60, so now I'm looking forward to another world and/or level expansion.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I voted for the obvious lol, the Celestia new world and level cap is by far the most exciting changes. Although, I still feel as though the experience points gained in Celestia are far too much, as you level to 60 way before getting to Test of Spheres.

The advanced pet system is cool, but you have to please please change the way the pets are fed! The mini games are pretty much useless unless you spend 2500 crowns on the mega-snack pack. I'm an adult, and do not have time to waste on the pet games, and I refill potions with gold not playing the mini games.

I've tried out the gardening on the test realm, and I love the plants, the animations are great, however, the time it takes to garden far out weigh the benefits. So far I've received about 100 treasure cards, which is great, but I only use shield and dispel treasure cards lol so all the blades in the world are not going to help. A suggestion to reagent planting, once you become Rank 6 and above, put in seeds for reagents :)

Can't wait for more levels and another world. Also adding quests to the current worlds are not a bad idea lol.

Thanks for all your time and hard work.
Keira Lifeheart legendary life wizard
Keira Soulfinder legendary balance wizard
Keira Firetamer legendary fire wizard
Keira Stormweilder level 55 storm wizard
Keira Deathsword grand master death wizard
Keira level 11 ice wizard

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
celestia, absolutely, by far. love the new schools of magic. also like the pet update, and the ability to release them to run around the dorm or home. it would be cool to also be able to release mounts like that too. just an idea
the selena quest wasn't too thrilling, but me and my friends had fun finding unique places to put the statue, then we all looked and voted on the best placement. Keep up the good work :D

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Celestia has been a wonderful addition to the game. I love that it is a challenge to even my storm wizard!

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
I've been nothing but impressed since I started playing Wizard101 in September.

I also LOVE the fact that your wizard isn't just sitting on the porch watching the spiral go by once it hit 50.... Celestia with all its amazing stuff (Celestia is awesome in my opinion, even if I get my booty handed to me by the bosses on occasion) that the wizards now have up to level 60!! I really hope that I see more high level opportunities. Level 70.... new world away?

Pets are one of the reasons I tried this game in the beginning. The hatching is a bit high... and you may or may not get a hybrid... but, the pets are cool. I've got one pet with 'spritely' as a talent, and I absolutely love when that pet casts it helping my wizard survive the fight. I think there is a good variety of games at the pet pavillion to allow everyone a chance to find their favorite to play.

Celestia housing items - I've seen on the test realm, I like, and I want! I like decorating my house. I'm also glad to see for those who like to craft, the opportunity to get recipes for some new items as well.
I really thought there would be some Celestian housing though... Poor Buxley just stands in the back end of the survey camp looking all alone.

I think the new plants are awesome. I've played on the test realm just to be able to try the plants out. The plants do give regeants, even if the regeants are random... And maybe the plants from mooshu give black lotus? I've not gotten that far in the test realm to know, but it is possible.
I would like to see another globe just for plant spells, as it does eat up some of the training points for pets to do both.
On the bright side however, you only have to tend your plants once a day... it's a plant, lol. (I hope some who have commented will try the test realm before griping as it's that hands on experience that is really needed to make a comment.)

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
So, of course the answer is Celestia and the new schools and spells. I am disappointed that the warehouse is not a requirement to get to Celestia. I really love to be challenged.

That being said, The Grotto was extremely challenging. But, soon after that things began to get easy. In fact, it was almost ridiculous the amount of XP certain menial quests would give. It is almost as if you guys were running out of time and had to just hurry and finish the world for release. I hope that in the near future you can refine Celestia to gradually increase in difficulty.

Level 60 gear???
Thanks for a great game! :D

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
My favorite would be the new level 60 cap. I was pretty much stalled at 50 and didn't want to finish quests etc knowing the experience would just be wasted.

Second, Celestia rocks.

Advanced pets I think was a great idea but disappointing in reality. It takes too much time and food ($) to level up, I don't see the point in showing all those "Possible" skills they will have when they only get a few, hatching is ridiculously expensive and I don't think the benefits of a trained pet are worth the investment. Also I was disappointed that the training games and races have nothing to do with dueling (the heart of Wiz101).

Cheating bosses are a barrier to wizards who don't want to play in a mob but prefer to solo.

Gardening sounds interesting, although I expect it will require daily visits instead of logging in when I have the time/desire to.

My biggest request would be the ability to craft and/or wear 9 additional rings that would have various boosts (increase power pip rate, assorted defence or damage rating, critical or block rating). I would be willing to invest serious time and money into that kind of benefit to my character.

Thanks for your consideration and hard work.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Friday has peeked around the corner again, and we're busy sprucing up gardening in preparation for our release to Live Servers soon! However, we wanted to take some time, since it's nearing the end of the year, to gather feedback about what we've done in 2010, and what's to come in 2011. This will be over the next few Fridays, so while there will be time to talk about everything, please stick to the topic at hand. And, as always...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to find out what your favorite update (we know that gardening isn't out quite yet, but it's on test). Please vote!

Here are links to the update notes if you'd like to refresh your memory...
<a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/april2010">Advanced Pets</a>
<a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/june2010">Celestia Preview</a>
<a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/september2010">Selena Gomez</a>
<a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes">Celestia, New Schools, Level 60 Cap</a>
<a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/november2010x">Gardening</a>

I absolutely hated the advanced pets. I loved Celestia, the Raised Level Cap, and the New Schools the best. They were awesome. Gardening is cool, too, very different than things in wizard101 previously. I wouldn't consider Selena Gomez to be an update since it was temporary, but the statue and painting got me a ton of money.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
IvoryJade wrote:
Of course, my favorite is Celestia, challenge and all. I don't care for the gardening much. It's too slow and we can't plant things we need like Black Lotus and stuff. Now if the plants gave us things like that when we harvested them , now that would be something.
The advanced pets update didn't really affect me much as I was a new player back then and didn't really pay attention to the pets until after the update, so I don't know much about it pre-update.
I would still love to see Celestial houses. I've seen features around Celestia that I would love to see incorporated into the houses. Like those shark teepees in the Gateway of the Stars. And those stone buildings in there, too. I like the furniture in the Grotto, as well.

They do give you things when you harvest them. That's kind of the point.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
I think that every new thing that comes to Wizard101 is ALWAYS exciting and never gets old. :D With Celestia now i get lots of XP and level up more. And the Polymorph spells are the best new spells yet from Celestia, but the thing that I don't like about it is that you have to be level 50 or higher to be able to learn the spells. :?

:D CELESTIA ROCKZ! :D

Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
All the updates are great! except changing wild bolt. I'm a storm wizard, and not a huge fan of the change :(