Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What school?

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Is there a reason for not listing the school of a pet with the vendors?
I like pets that go along with my school since the talents that manifest often boost my abilities.

I recently bought the Sea Dragon Pet for 12,500 crowns. There was no indication of the classification of the pet. Had I known it was Fire, I would never have purchased it. I don't use fire on any of my wizards, so if it manifests a fire damage trait, or may cast fire charm it will be a useless talent. I am hoping for resists and other talents that will be useful. So far it did manifest a talent I could use--disarmament (disarm spell).

I also bought the spider from the mooshu pet shop for my life wizard because of the life spell it casts. Since its spell was life, i assumed it would be life, but it was death instead. The first talent manifested was death gift (damage boost) something that will be useless to me. Although I did buy it for the spell, I would have given serious thought not to buy the pet due to the school.

KI, is there a way you can have SOME indication on what school a pet is before someone spends gold, or worse crowns, on pet that may not be able to help any of their 6 wizards.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Armiger
May 10, 2010
superluther wrote:
I like pets that go along with my school since the talents that manifest often boost my abilities.

I recently bought the Sea Dragon Pet for 12,500 crowns. There was no indication of the classification of the pet. Had I known it was Fire, I would never have purchased it. I don't use fire on any of my wizards, so if it manifests a fire damage trait, or may cast fire charm it will be a useless talent. I am hoping for resists and other talents that will be useful. So far it did manifest a talent I could use--disarmament (disarm spell).

I also bought the spider from the mooshu pet shop for my life wizard because of the life spell it casts. Since its spell was life, i assumed it would be life, but it was death instead. The first talent manifested was death gift (damage boost) something that will be useless to me. Although I did buy it for the spell, I would have given serious thought not to buy the pet due to the school.

KI, is there a way you can have SOME indication on what school a pet is before someone spends gold, or worse crowns, on pet that may not be able to help any of their 6 wizards.

Having some indication of a pet's school would be a great idea.

But, I do want to ease your fears on the Sea Dragon. He is the best pet anyone can buy for any school. He gives Neutral spells, such as Spell Proof, Pain Giver, Sure Shot, things that increase in all schools. Also, he gives talents like mana, health gift, pips, pierce train, spritely, and disarmament. This pet also gives only active talents, no passive talents, so it is a great pet.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
darthjt wrote:
superluther wrote:

But, I do want to ease your fears on the Sea Dragon. He is the best pet anyone can buy for any school. He gives Neutral spells, such as Spell Proof, Pain Giver, Sure Shot, things that increase in all schools. Also, he gives talents like mana, health gift, pips, pierce train, spritely, and disarmament. This pet also gives only active talents, no passive talents, so it is a great pet.

His actual talent pool is:
Pierce Train - May cast (Balance) spell - Actually casts Pierce
Pip O'Plenty - Increases Power Pip Chance - Max 5%
Sharp-Shot - Accuracy All - Max 6%
Tower Shield - Give 1 Card Tower Shield (50% Shield)
Pain-Giver - Damage All - Max 6%
Spell-Proof - Resist All - Max 10%
Spritely - May Cast Sprite
Health Gift - Max Health Increase - Max 120
Piercemonger - Give 1 Card Pierce
Disarmament - Give 1 Card Disarm

By far, Sea Dragon is a pet for ANY school, and this is coming from a Legendary Theurgist, and Heal Tank. There are some 'Flop' Sea Dragons (Few and far between, but it does happen). Almost all Sea Dragons are worth raising to Epic.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
darthjt wrote:
superluther wrote:

Thanks for the reassurance that i didn't waste my crowns.