Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Doom And Gloom Suggestion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
As it is the Doom and Gloom card is not very efficient. I suggest changing it into a damage over time spell that does 30 points a round to everyone.

Also a suggestion on the animation change it into a graveyard with coffins headstones and mounds of dirt and dead trees wouldn't be hard to change just take the models from the ghoul and vampire spells.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
damage over time is reserved for fire only, death already has damage over time. its a spell called poison, i think you learn it after krokosphinx.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Hey isnt it better that Doom and Gloom increases deaths power by 25% or 35% like;
Wyldfire, Balefrost,Darkwind,and Time of legend?

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
one of my friends just got doom and gloom as a spell. i like how it looks but i just dont see the purpose of it. it does 50% less to all healing spells WHY?
death isn't based on making healing spells doing less. plus i find this useless in PvE battles since NPC dont heal to much if at all. so it ends up as hurting you more then the enemy.

NOW what it should do is 50% plus to all life steal THAT would be usefull

David Thundergem lvl 48 diviner

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I HATE doom and gloom. I'm a death secondary life student, and it is just so self destructive. It should just add to death damage.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
zoromon42 wrote:
one of my friends just got doom and gloom as a spell. i like how it looks but i just dont see the purpose of it. it does 50% less to all healing spells WHY?
death isn't based on making healing spells doing less. plus i find this useless in PvE battles since NPC dont heal to much if at all. so it ends up as hurting you more then the enemy.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!. I really think doom and gloom should add 25% more damage to death spells just like myths,fire,ice, and storm's global spell. Besides i think doom and gloom is kind of useless when you got a little spell called INFECTON you can use to limit someone's health gain.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
....... :( I really don't like doom and gloom, because Im a life student. The reason its -50% healing though is because death people heal by using traps and blade along with a strong drain, like wraith. they don't really need heals as much as the other schools.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
I think it's awesome for PvP because of -50% healing, and death draining health spells dont go through "Sanctuary" and "Doom and Gloom" So I think it wouldn't be balanced if there was no Doom and Gloom and ONLY Sanctuary It's pretty unbalanced if you ask me :?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I think it does unbalance the game just a bit. As a life student, I like to play a supporting role, as it making sure my team doesn't die. That isn't as effective with DG up. I think it makes people a lot less likely to let death students into their groups, especially on a big, hard to kill, boss.

Because Death students already have the ability to heal without the use of a life spell, they don't really need help and I think Doom and Gloom just pushes them to want to solo more often, not play in groups.

I wouldn't know about PvP, as I don't do that, but I would think it gives them an advantage there, too. Every student gets the ability to cast heal spells, so in PvP it wouldn't hurt to use the Life dome. Using Doom and Gloom would give Death students an unfair advantage in being able to heal through death drain spells, but no one else can heal as well.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
I fervently agree with all of these posts. I think doom and gloom should be a 2 pip spell that gives +%35 on all drain spells.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
Wow, i haven't played in a while and when i come back i see that you guys brought my old buds post back up, ty very much. and even tho I've never used the spell i have fought him while it was in affect. From what i saw all it does is counter life mages. This would only be beneficial if as said before they were combating a healer of sorts. And while alot do complain about, it's their for the previously stated reason to keep reshuffling healers from going overboard. While also keeping death mages in check as to not unbalance the game completely by doing mass damage and healing a large amount of health by means of a persistant damage buff. It's no curse, but a blessing that at the same time doesn't make one a god.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
In short you don't have to use it, and hey your attacks heal you so its a trade off. others get increased damage but you can hurt them + heal and it can be useful in certain situations. such as crippling the other team if said user is in pvp, it just needs to be planned as to how your going to use it and if you or your team needs it. So just because you get a card with a persistent effect doesn't mean it has to be cookie cutter like everyone else's or even close in similarity. And all I'm saying in short is please be grateful that you have an awesome card if used correctly.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
i agree with every single one of you. it should do more to death damage instead of minus to ALL healing spells. or it could be minus to opponents healing. just something thats not also bad for you.i was actually going to post this exact thing but i saw this. :( :x

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
in my opinion doom and gloom is a great spell if usede correctly like just about anything else. what i use it for is if i am killinh someone that heals with good heal spells like satyr and well they have enough pips for it yadayada... bam they end up just wasting pips ;) but ... i also use sanctuary... and have loads of heals. i can heal 1500 with sanctuary on with sacrifice :) and i do that with to pips. 80% pip chance :P i recommend ONLY usuing against someone who is almost dead and you want them to stay that way or a life user. cause since there ARE death shields you can be majorly hurt charging a 6000 damage wraith thats ends up with only 2000. ... well bad example but you see my point right?honestly i would love doom and gloom/ sanctuary to be changed to damage boosts but hey i love how it is now anyway. (is completly useless against PvE opponents lol) :)

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Otys wrote:
damage over time is reserved for fire only, death already has damage over time. its a spell called poison, i think you learn it after krokosphinx.
Yes after krokosphinx there is also an ice damage over time you learn after tomb of storms.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
zoromon42 wrote:

Um no that would make it to powerful how about 25%

Survivor
May 26, 2010
bravevline wrote:
zoromon42 wrote:

Um no that would make it to powerful how about 25%

i think he means the health that drain spells give back. i would love to see that how much damage you do is how much health you get with drain spells + doom and gloom = PURE AWESOMENESS :D :D

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
absulutely they should change it to 25 % damage i mean the real doom and gloom spell is absulutely horrible

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
doom and gloom, is a righteous spell when facing an opponent that heals. i tried pvp and the opponent i was fighting, would heal, i get them to death's door and they'd heal. so if i can keep them from gaining a full heal, i'm for it.
on the other hand, if you have sanctuary in your spell book but don't use it, or any other domain spell, don't complain. it's easy to counter a domain, with your own, pack it and use it. stop complaining.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Doom and gloom is horrible, it should just boost the power of death spells like Wyldfire.