Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Made me so mad

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I finished DS yesterday and I started celestia. Today, I was fighting in the survey camp. I was low on health and About to kill my enemy. Right then, This menu chat person ran into my battle, got me killed, and stole (meaning she killed my enemies probably for her own quest) my enemies when I was dead. THAT WAS FLAT OUT WRONG. I think she knew I was going to die, so she came in and waited till I died, then killed the enemies so she can continue with her quests. I constantly asked her to heal me in menu chat and she said "I can't". I hear this happens also in DS, people are just too weak to fight their own battles, so they jump into a dieing persons battle, makes them die, and steal the enemies. KI, please can you make a some kinda option saying "limit fighting to friends" or something like that. I just hate how people jump into other peoples battles and make them lose.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
easy solution...
go buy gift cards and use henchmen..
at least one life and one balance.
you will do most of the fighting and the life henchman can heal you and the balance will help you with those wonderful blades they have.

i will use a couple of balance and a life or visa versa....

some times i toss in a death ...

this way no one can jump in and "steal your battle"

word to the wise learn the best combos for your own strategies.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
hobi wrote:
easy solution...
you will do most of the fighting and the life henchman can heal you and the balance will help you with those wonderful blades they have.

First of all, I don't buy crowns, second of all, you got my post wrong, It isn't about henchmen and buying them, its about adding an option asking to do a setting so random people dont join your battles

Hero
May 27, 2009
I wish there was a way to check a player's stats while they are in battle. Many times I've wondered if someone needs help, but when they have menu chat only or don't choose to answer (whether they have chat balloons turned off or whatever). My Life wizard would be happy to jump in and heal, but you just can't tell.

I don't believe in any sort of "battle-lock" - the game was designed so that people can help each other. You didn't say what level or what school this other wizard was, but she probably needed those same enemies as you. I found the early sections of Celestia very frustrating as far as collecting things from enemies. The only solution was to have four wizards fighting four enemies. Hiring henchmen doesn't bring in additional enemies. You are forced to fight many more battles to collect your items that way.

You had some bad luck, and I understand your frustration - it's happened to all of us at one time or another. If it didn't ever happen to you before Celestia, you were very lucky.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
I wish there was a way to check a player's stats while they are in battle. Many times I've wondered if someone needs help, but when they have menu chat only or don't choose to answer (whether they have chat balloons turned off or whatever). My Life wizard would be happy to jump in and heal, but you just can't tell.

I don't believe in any sort of "battle-lock" - the game was designed so that people can help each other. You didn't say what level or what school this other wizard was, but she probably needed those same enemies as you. I found the early sections of Celestia very frustrating as far as collecting things from enemies. The only solution was to have four wizards fighting four enemies. Hiring henchmen doesn't bring in additional enemies. You are forced to fight many more battles to collect your items that way.

You had some bad luck, and I understand your frustration - it's happened to all of us at one time or another. If it didn't ever happen to you before Celestia, you were very lucky.

I'm sorry, Willowdreamer, but I see the opposite side of this argument. I myself would LOVE to have a Friends only setting for my battles so that Random people cannot just jump in. I've had Magus and Adept wizardss run into my battles against the cheating bosses at the Stormriven Pylons. MAGUS AND ADEPT wizards in battles far beyond their understanding. Many of which have refused to listen to the rules for that battle and go willy-nilly as they see fit, ruining everyone's traps and the like.

As a Legendary Theurgist, at times like these I will PURPOSEFULLY withhold Group heals, and only cast my Single Target heals, just to avoid healing THEM because they jumped in over their heads. Being a Theurgist does not mean I have to keep them alive. Their own idiocy is their own doom, in my opinion.

If not a Battle Lock button, then a button that allows the player in the Sun spot to boot people out of the battle. I often run 2 Wizards, and work with 2 friends, or one Wizard and 3 friends. It is very frustrating when some RANDOM person, without so much as a 'May I join?' just runs into the battle circle and takes the spot intended for one of my friends. Especially in Celestia where one enemy and their 4-6 pips makes the difference between survival and death many times.

Defender
May 27, 2010
I agree random people joining my battles most of the time has ruined my chances of getting what i need from them like one day i was battling a shadow-web mercenary and a haunt and right when they are about dead a menu chat around lvl 20 joins and brings in another haunt plus i ran outta heals right before he joined(no i am not a life wizard but instead i have the seal of the seven seas to help me heal) and then i get killed and i have to start all over again
so i agree there should be something like "limit battles to friends" switch and a world lvl lock cause Celestia is meant for the STRONGEST wizards not weak lvl 20- wizards, sure a sub and crowns can get you anywhere but it shouldnt get you in Celestia cause it just puts everyone else in jeopardy unless you actually help them

Hero
May 27, 2009
Well, I guess I remember the opposite happening to me also - My Legendary Theurgist was having a devil of a time with those ice-type pirates, trying to recover a sceptre. I was almost finished when another wizard joined, a Menu Chat Only Level 20 Storm Wizard. Oh Great! was my first thought, but that little guy not only healed me and himself, but battled it out with me till the pirates were defeated. Obviously, this was a wizard being played by someone who knew the game. If I had LOCKED the battle somehow (which I probably wouldn't have done) he would not have been able to come to my rescue. The Happy Ending would have been that I collected the danged sceptre, but I didn't. However, I also was NOT defeated due to his joining, but rescued from an unlucky defeat.

My glass is half-full, people, not half-empty. I'll share.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
If the person joining is not a Theurgist, and has no heals in their treasure deck, then they cannot heal you. Maybe they were being honest. They would not have known what your health was like when they jumped in.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
Willowdreamer wrote:
I wish there was a way to check a player's stats while they are in battle.

Look at their health circle. You can if their health is low or high before you join a battle.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2008
what i think KI should do ( just like what they did with houses) is to put a LIMIT on if people can join or not. it would make things a whole lot easier :D

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Please KI why is it so difficult to listen to your long term customers and add a friends only join button while in battles. I am so tired of people jumping in then fleeing because they realize they are in over there head, or just being mean.
Another note, I guess soloing celestia is no longer possible because when the enemies start with 6 or 8 pips and get first shot hitting over 1,000 damage and your critical blocks don’t work you might last three rounds. Something needs to be done so that if it one player starts the battle the enemies take that into consideration, if others do port in the enemies can allow for that also. I’m not saying it shouldn’t still be a challenge but at this point I guess since I solo and only friend family and close friends that are all levels, and don’t need to be in celestia, i will be out of luck to advance past a level 54.
I do love this game and talk it up to everone. Please consider this request.

Zachary Waterthief Grandmaster Theurgist
Edward Waterheart Grandmaster Necromancer
Edward Waterthief Grandmaster Conjurer
Edward Iceslinger Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I think KI should make a realm just for people who don't want to play the game with others. That way they could solo without being disturbed by wizards who enjoy the company of others in-game. Such a realm would improve the civility in-game immensely, as those loners wouldn't be yelling at innocent team-players who like to help others.

It's sad that, since Celestia came out, the sense of sharing and pleasure in social play is leaking out of the game. There are so many people who feel entitled to private play suddenly. I really don't understand this, as the game is clearly meant for people to team up.

Ah well, join my match in Celestia anytime, unless you're one of those who gets mad at people joining your matches. In that case, pass on by.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist
Rowan Earthsong, Grandmaster Sorceress
Scarlet Ravensong, Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
May 04, 2010
hobi wrote:
easy solution...

Hobi, you must either be a rich person or have no real financial responsibilities in your real life. Not everyone that plays the game can just easily spend their hard earned money on a frivolous expense like gaming gift cards. It is for this reason that I have continuously stated in many posts that if someone purchases a membership, K.I. should make things (like potions and henchmen) available to be purchased with GOLD and not just crowns. (If this was possible, it would cut down on many low-level "newbies" needing needing help in lower-level quests.)

When I started this game back in September 2010, I made an adult decision to not pester higher-level players with my lower-rank city quests (WC, Krok, Mooshu). I was able to do this by using my membership crowns to purchase potion boosts in the crowns shop. However, doing so means the crowns do not last very long. And with no other real incentives than a few crowns at the beginning of the membership, there are no other benefits to purchasing a membership. (K.I. ...From a business stand point, no concrete membership benefits never makes for good business sense when selling memberships to anything.! Duh!!!!!)

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Delver
Jun 09, 2010
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
this is the same thing with low levels

Ugh I know all too well about getting killed by other inconsiderate players. I know that being it is dueling circles anyone can jump in. However, I find it very rude to jump in a fight without asking if they can jump in first. I have had people get me killed by new monsters jumping in with full strength when I could have finished taking out the monster that was left and I woulda been fine. Not to mention what really bugs me is friends teleporting to me during a raid without asking to teleport first. I have gotten to where I have lately started taking offenders off my friend list when they teleport without asking. I also turn off the port when I am not hanging with friends when I am farming monsters. This way I have uninterrupted farming time with the monsters. It can be a real pain when people show lack of manners. If everyone would show proper manners then maybe everyone would do much better.