Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two Servers with Same "Mini-Servers"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
So I'm not sure if this topic has ever been brought up (would surprise me really if it hasn't), but it hit me and I thought I'd share.

Two main servers with mini-servers, the mini-servers being the servers we have right now. One server can be for only adults, the other only for those under 18. (sorry those of you only slightly under 18, not trying to call you kids exactly) And for those that like to play with their kids, or kids that like to play around adults, there could be a third server, a mixed one if you will.

May sound a little cliché, but there's a point behind it besides just "I don't want to run around with kids", "there are too many kids on this KIDS GAME" <-- lol

No, it actually has a lot to do with Celestia. Most adults like the challenge, go all ancient Spartan up in here; most kids, however, or adults that are playing with their kids since what their kids feel affects them, don't like a challenging challenge so to say. A bit of one, but not over the top. I'm a strategist, so I like something to be very difficult; possible, but difficult.

With this method...

17 and Under Server: could be made a little easier for those younger and not looking to be challenged to a large degree (or even mid).
Mixed Server (like now): could be made on a more "normal" difficulty.
18+ Server: could be made the most difficult.

This way, if you're an adult and you don't want a big challenge, you can go to the normal server. If you're an adult that wants everything to be hard, then bam, adult server. If you're a kid, don't wanna play with other kids, normal. Kid that wants only kids around them, 17 and under.

Now, I see a potential problem. Some kids wanting a very high challenge (adult server), and feeling cheated by only having easy and normal. Which would suggest that we'd need yet another server, which would have to be mixed (for parents playing with their kids, kids wanting to be around a few adults, etc.). I believe it'd solve that problem.

Another issue: cost to KI. Ching! They = o.O. Maybe been that way for a minute as they're reading this. I honestly think it'd be great, would range the game a little more since it already has fans that are of all ages. Incorporate that even more, I say.

Opinions, suggestions? KI?