Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm should have the highest resists

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Storm school should have the highest resists and health bonuses in the game. Storm has the highest base damage cards and yet recieves the lowest percent blades due to that bonus. As such, since storm has the lowest health in the game they should in turn be given the highest resist and health bonuses in the game. The opposite is true though, storm recieves the lowest health bonuses and doesn't even get storm resistance on its own level 58 equipment. Storm has trouble wearing such equipment in actual game play cause storm resistance and quick and high attack damage is largely what kept it alive. All schools pretty much doe high damage now, storm on the other hand has become slower due to the loss of its traditional wild bolt, and is a whopping thousand health points less than everyone else. Why should storm recieve the lowest plus ups in terms of health when it also recieves the lowest percent blades. In terms of PvP, storm does not have the time to use tons of blades and traps cause with its low health its pretty much dead before such stacking could ever occur, and then if storm could survive that long such a player would have tons of dispels and a beguile on it and have to over come heavily stacked and used storm shields.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
nah, they already have the highest accuracy, damage, and critical boost.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
You have got to be kidding me. Storm is an ATTACK school, ice is a DEFENSE school. If storm had the highest resist then they would be totally overpowered.

Ian Lightthief
Legendary Diviner

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
NuclearWar wrote:

storm does not have the highest accuracy, please look at life for that

storm may have the highest base damage, but storms damage is knocked way down when everyone has storm resistance on their equipment and tons of storm shields and even storm dispels, not to mention with the introduction of all the new strength spells the higher percent blades of the other schools mark up the base damage on those enhancements more than storm schools blades do, and now everyone has attack all spells that are easily enhanced

although storm has up to 150 critical boost, I've played with my storm at such a level complete with an critical boost bubble and witnessed ice school with only a 30 critical boost wand hitting criticals way more than I did at 150 and 20% bubble. My storm now seems to hit critical about right, but I don't know if they changed things any or not. My balance has 130 critical boost, so they do have about the same.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
seasnake wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:

storm may have the highest base damage, but storms damage is knocked way down when everyone has storm resistance on their equipment and tons of storm shields and even storm dispels, not to mention with the introduction of all the new strength spells the higher percent blades of the other schools mark up the base damage on those enhancements more than storm schools blades do, and now everyone has attack all spells that are easily enhanced

although storm has up to 150 critical boost, I've played with my storm at such a level complete with an critical boost bubble and witnessed ice school with only a 30 critical boost wand hitting criticals way more than I did at 150 and 20% bubble. My storm now seems to hit critical about right, but I don't know if they changed things any or not. My balance has 130 critical boost, so they do have about the same.

Nothing is stopping storm from using enchantments though...

And all schools get different advantages and disadvantages. All your problems seem to be in PvP, and if you have so much trouble in PvP why even play it?
I have been with a storm who gets criticals every round. Trust me, unless you have one health, its pretty much an insta win..

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
seasnake wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:

everyone has dispells against them except balance. And yes it is hard being a strom but it not like it is being nerfed. storm with gear has enough accurcy boosts to pull off spells has the highest increace for damage in the game and may have low heath but that is just a con. And even with wild bolt gone it can still kill eneimes easilly. and also everyone has defense against two other schools (check lvl 58 gear.) So in a nutshell storm is meant to attack if it had the highest resist and heath boosts it would be over powered.