Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Missing voices

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
After installing Wizard101 on my laptop, I find that most of the voice clips are missing. The hottip voices work, and I have found one or two people that still had their voices, but everyone else are utterly silent!

Is there any way of getting my client to try and re-download the voice clips; preferrably in a way that doesn't mean I have to download the entire game again?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
Your laptop may have burped during the download, because it sounds as if you're missing a file.
Do you get the music and background sounds?

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Music, background noises, battle noises, everything but the voices are working just fine - which is what puzzles me.

And while sending a ticket to Support would be obvious, I figured that A) it would be faster to ask here, and B) find out if it might have been a problem that arose with the newest update.

That said, I found the solution on my own:

If you open the program folder containing Wizard101, then the "Data" folder and into "Gamedata" below that one. Locating and then deleting the "Sound_Dialogue-WorldData.wad" file made my client re-download it when I logged in again.

See, no reason to bother our dear Mr Lincoln with simple questions like this.