Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What it is like being a storm player in PvP

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Storm = about 1000 less health than balance and life
Storm = about 150 more damage with a four pip cast, 300 more if critical, for that extra damage that would take three or four attacks to make up for the lack of health, storm gets 20% less pip chance, no resistance on its level 58 best equipments against either storm or balance, and is subject to going up against everyone else having 30% or so storm resistance that more than decreases storm's damage below that of balance by quite a bit, also for that little extra damage storm is also subjected to dispels and all types of storm shields

With the massive amount of storm resistances, of which storm players don't have themselves if using the highest level storm gear, storms average damage in PvP is far from the highest in PvP and that is even excluding the before mentioned shields and dispels against storm players.

Storm was losing over half its matches in PvP, while balance was winning around 3 or 4 times per loss before storm dispels came out and every school got mass attacks and could plus them up further with strength cards and critical hits.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
just another double post.. no point in fighting when seasnake knows that storm is fine.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
NuclearWar wrote:
just another double post.. no point in fighting when seasnake knows that storm is fine.

If storm is fine, why then do I now play balance over storm and my balance kills way faster than my storm with often higher damage and little resistance. No, you are mistaken, I do not know at all that storm is fine, I'm a die hard storm player that now plays balance instead cause storm has been ruined and I've never liked balance much at all (you can easily tell that by reading all my posts).

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
seasnake wrote:
Storm = about 1000 less health than balance and life
Storm = about 150 more damage with a four pip cast, 300 more if critical, for that extra damage that would take three or four attacks to make up for the lack of health, storm gets 20% less pip chance, no resistance on its level 58 best equipments against either storm or balance, and is subject to going up against everyone else having 30% or so storm resistance that more than decreases storm's damage below that of balance by quite a bit, also for that little extra damage storm is also subjected to dispels and all types of storm shields

With the massive amount of storm resistances, of which storm players don't have themselves if using the highest level storm gear, storms average damage in PvP is far from the highest in PvP and that is even excluding the before mentioned shields and dispels against storm players.

Storm was losing over half its matches in PvP, while balance was winning around 3 or 4 times per loss before storm dispels came out and every school got mass attacks and could plus them up further with strength cards and critical hits.

I don't see how storm is so bad at Pvp sometmes. Epsecially cause I just did a PvP match on my level 58 myth against a lvl 60 storm and he botled on the first turn. Over 3000 damage due to critical and gear boost. Talk about luck huh?...

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Oh geez, storm is not that bad. I have a storm warlord and have had no trouble keeping her there after the update. I'm not at all fond of the change in bolt but I understand why it had to happen. Every school can be beat by every other school if they know what they're doing. Is balance easier to PvP on then storm? No idea, don't have a balance. Can honestly say life and death are easier to PvP on then storm, not because they have better cards, but because storm takes better planning.

On the gear subject, I believe the Eureka clothes offer some storm resist, mix and match the legend gear with the Eureka gear.

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen, storm is changing, all the classes are, if you keep with it you'll find something that works for you.