Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noobs

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
I really hate it when people call me noob. it's very insulting and it makes me feel unsucessful and damped.Please KI filter the word "NOOB" I know N00b means newbie.Everyone starts out as a level 1. no one start out as a level 60. Everyone have to go through horrifying world of marleybone.Once, I was helping my friend with the tree of life dungeon in Mooshu.One of the her grand friend was there.I still have my mb clothes on because i'm not level 35 yet(I just started Mooshu) then when we killed the death oni, her grand friend said "Noob" to me and said "you're still in MB" then I tried to prove to him that i finished marleybone alreadly. But he said "I don't care what you say you're still in marleybone because i said so!" then he teleported away. I quickly ignore and report him. That was very very mean. If this happen to you post

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Delver
Aug 13, 2010
I call people noobs when they port to either me or my friends. My idea is I never accept people below level 30 from now on. I'm a Master now, and I'd like to battle with my friends, not "noobs". Even if they filter they'll just say newbie and so on. Report him and ignore him! People like that are mean, but when they have to if your gonna ruin a battle that's why. I only call people noobs when they are low levels like 10 or 15 in DragonSpyre or Celestia. So I can tell them to leave or just remove them

Explorer
Jun 30, 2009
Woah, slow down. Noob is not an offensive word. Your friends friend actually is what was called in the golden age of of runescape, a "choob"
it was a high level player who acts like a noob. The correct term for you was newb.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
When I was below lvl 30 lots of people called me noobs and I would get really annoyed. I'm now lvl 45 and haven't been called a noob since but I vividly remember calling me a noob after every battle, and I've never called anyone a noob.

Samuel Lotusfinder lvl 45

Survivor
May 25, 2010
I have heard many people using this word while playing the game.....my retort to said use of the word noob is that said person should remember that they were once a noob or newb.........I also inform them that the only ones that use the word noob are obviously noobs.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
I KNOW! Don't feel bad, though. Most of the people who misuse the word "NOOB" just assume that they know more about the game than you. One time, I was in a PvP match, and my opponent called me a noob, even though he had half my level and health. I wouldn't say I have much experience besides that, but I know that you shouldn't let this get to you, because the people who bully you just don't know anything. I hope I helped!

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Da1Meeper wrote:
Woah, slow down. Noob is not an offensive word. Your friends friend actually is what was called in the golden age of of runescape, a "choob"
it was a high level player who acts like a noob. The correct term for you was newb.

I played Runescape and never once saw anybody say choob. I always thought of a noob as a high level that acted like a low level. Newb or newbie was for new players, first acc. level 10 and under.

Quinn Deaththorn - Lv 57 Necromancer

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
silverphoenix75 wrote:
I also inform them that the only ones that use the word noob are obviously noobs.

Not true. Personally, I avoid the word just because it's so cliché; however, the word, yes, is meant to be an insult. A noob isn't someone that's just new, but someone that doesn't know what they're doing, regardless of level (which was briefly stated above). Total difference between noob and newb, but I don't think the word is necessarily so bad of an offensive term that it should be censored. Not REALLY in the same league, though in a way is, but I'm gonna quote Benjamin Franklin: "Any society [people] that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Just saying. Censorship is good when it's purposeful. Your censor has no purpose, except to avoid hurting your feelings. Of which I have to inform you that you should just suck it up and move along. Get a drink of water and change your socks tbh. Brush it off your shoulder dude, isn't that bad of a thing.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
Dear friends, I'm a NewB too, but only because I just found the game due to a prior job-life (retired) and a foot in an air cast. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I found both the mental stimulation of the graphics and the fights themselves fun. On my second character, it finally clicked and I got the scenario. It's sometimes like a bridge game when you're bidding clubs and someone takes it away doubled in spades. This isn't going to be pretty. The younger acting players, irreguardless of age, are the real noobs, not the Newbs. Play on!

Survivor
Mar 26, 2009
Woah, its so amazing how people think. I have two accounts, my main account has a lvl 60 life, 2 in cl atm, 1 grand, 1 in MS and 1 in KT. My other accountI have a lvl 25 life, and to be honest she has quested in CL with me the whole ride. She is very helpful, sure she has died a dew times but you never know who is behind the so called noob as you put it. It is a hurtful word, and I agree it should be taken out of KI dictionary.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
my saying is " You shouldn't care about what other people think" but if someone does that, don't fight with them, just say " Well atleast I have friends " and if that doesn't work say " God doesn't like mean " I know some people are probably say your a little weird but this is what my parents told me if someone ever was mean to me..... I mean, what would that person say back... what could they say?? lol this will probably work.... and if it doesn't then just ignore that person and wlak away or dont talk to them.
:D :D :D :D and dont get sad :( :( just remember roll the eyes and say what i said 8) 8) 8) and ALWAYS REMEMBER DON'T forget that you DON'T care what other people think :) :) :) :) hope that helps,
Peace, , Love, Joy
Love,
Allison GreenThorn lvl 33 P.S. if you see me add me if you like :) i love having friends :D :D :D 8)

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
windy91316 wrote:
I really hate it when people call me noob. it's very insulting and it makes me feel unsucessful and damped.Please KI filter the word "NOOB" I know N00b means newbie.Everyone starts out as a level 1. no one start out as a level 60. Everyone have to go through horrifying world of marleybone.Once, I was helping my friend with the tree of life dungeon in Mooshu.One of the her grand friend was there.I still have my mb clothes on because i'm not level 35 yet(I just started Mooshu) then when we killed the death oni, her grand friend said "Noob" to me and said "you're still in MB" then I tried to prove to him that i finished marleybone alreadly. But he said "I don't care what you say you're still in marleybone because i said so!" then he teleported away. I quickly ignore and report him. That was very very mean. If this happen to you post

you cant really report for noob. it's a false report. while noob is still insulting and that guy was a little more than disrespectful people would just find other ways the use the word noob like they do with curses. all you have to think to youself is they arent worth my time and they are the REAL noobs. plus at least he didnt call you something worse that you could have REALLY reported for

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
windy91316 wrote:

I've been called a noob before many times, sometimes from people who are a lower level than I am. Don't let it bother you, some people just call you that randomly when you're a few levels below them.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
windy91316 wrote:
really did you have to report him
in the real world that will happen or even worse

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
wolfbone7 wrote:
I KNOW! Don't feel bad, though. Most of the people who misuse the word "NOOB" just assume that they know more about the game than you. One time, I was in a PvP match, and my opponent called me a noob, even though he had half my level and health. I wouldn't say I have much experience besides that, but I know that you shouldn't let this get to you, because the people who bully you just don't know anything. I hope I helped!
calling a noob is not bullying unless if they call you noob for the whole life and never stop and bullying KI didn't let bullying in wizard101 so there would be byllying in wizard101 anyway what is so bad about calling you a noob i know some girls would say " ITS MEAN" but how is it

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I don't call people noobs in a mean way, I call them noobs to identify them as a low level. Its easier for me to say "noob" then "low lvl" or "low level" Just ignore them. Not long ago, I was on my noob in dark cave and saw a menu chat, I asked him if he needed help and then some rude dude came out of no where and said no. I told him I was talking to the mute and he called me a noob. My noob was lvl 9 at the time and get this. The rude dude was lvl 19 and he told me it was his only character. I just put him on ignore later.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
I used to be called noob but now i am master so they should be called noobs. I find it very offensive to say someone is a noob just cause they are lower level or if you dont like their armor or something.

DEVIN STORMHUNTER LEVEL 42 PYROMANCER

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
I've played a lot of games and 'Noob' is in all of them. It's used as an insult by players who feed their egos on game stats.
The best you can do is see it for what it is and consider the source.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Okay, i know that noob is short for new be or something like that, so exactly how does it make sense to call a lvl 51 a noob? I am certainly not new to the game nor am i inexperienced, but after winning a pvp match against a level 50 something he called me a heck hound noob because i destroyed him by using my heck hound. Heck hound is an awesome spell and its my main pvp thing, i'm not a noob because i used it, if anything he's a noob because he lost to it :)

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
ty all for posting but back then i was lvl 34 and used my minotaur.Now i am lvl 45 with DS clothes and sword if you find me add me I'm Chris Giant level 45 myth. i'm usally in a crowded realm and i need help with labyrinth because all my friends are busy :( anyways you guys are right i shouldn't care what people call me. Some people are just mean.

Light cannot go on without darkness just as darkness couldn't go on without light

P.S. I am not christan i'm buddhist. if you don't know what buddhist is, check your history book or ask teacher or parent

Chris Giant-lvl 45 myth+storm
Sophia Deathheart-lvl 36 Death+balance
Angel Dreamweaver-lvl 7 Balance+life+death

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
People don't understand this. Noob is said because you are 'new'..
I wouldn't like it if I was called a noob. I was never called a noob, as I gained level pretty quickly. The word 'noob' shouldn't be removed.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
windy91316 wrote:

Just remember they were a noob before as well. they had to start at level 1 before. It's not like he started at lvl 60. So next time you hear someone call you a noob just tell them you were one before as to. everybody's a noob once in the game

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Noob does have a meaning, but it is used in too many other ways.
If your in a pvp and you get called a (insert spell here) noob just say ,"what does that make you if you got beat by one?" I was one in a pvp and a balance wizard used Ra once. It did around 2000. after the battle, he was called a Ra noob -.-

The way to think of the word is to think of it as nothing. I never call someone a noob, but when talking to my level peers, in text chat I call people below level 20 noobs. But I would never call someone a noob in front of them, it gets taken the wrong way too many times.