Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do not attack out of school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
An important announcement for all wizards who are halfway through the levels and above.

Any wizard around level 30 and up really needs to stop attacking out of school. I have seen many wizards doing this completely wasting their power pips, making terrible choices simply because they happen to like a certain spell from a different school. This is the worst thing you can possibly do and makes things much harder on yourself for the following reasons:

1: If you are not attacking in your school you are eating up twice the potential pips you gain which can slow you down very much in a fight. When you do this, you not only do less damage in total but you leave yourself completely vulnerable to an oncoming assault from your opponents whether they be computer or other players.

2: You are also not taking advantage of the gear and spells your schools have. There is a very good reason why your school has certain "Gear Only" items. They are designed to help you use your own spells and not the spells of another school!

Don't forget that when you reach a certain level you are given blades to increase the damage of your own spells from your own school and not spells of another school. If you keep on rebelling against your own schools spells and your own schools design, you are only going to continue having a hard time playing the game.

I promise you very much, I am absolutely certain that if you follow the design of your school you will be a better player for it. You will improve if you just trust your own spells and work with them as they were designed.

Attacking out of school is the worst thing you can do. Secondary schools should function as either defense or support for your main school attack spells and should not serve you as offense.

If you are fighting enemies of the same element and worry about resist, you have a prism in your card list. Use that prism to change the element of your attack. It functions like a trap.

One more time: attacking out of school is the worst thing you can do, especially if that attack costs 3 or more pips.

A death student with 5 power pips can hit with wraith twice, doing more damage than a death student wasting all those pips on a stormzilla in two turns. And with the gear designed to boost your death attacks, it should be an easy decision to make. Get rid of the out of school attack spells and focus on your own. I promise you, you will improve as a player overall for it.

dude, who cares. let them do what they want. they might get bored of the spells that they always use so they want to try new things. they have to spend training points on something. it doesnt matter if they use their power pips. it is all their choice.how does it affect you, there outside of school attacks doesnt waste your pips or doesnt have any connection to your equipment, so stop complaining about it.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
An important announcement for all wizards who are halfway through the levels and above.

Any wizard around level 30 and up really needs to stop attacking out of school. I have seen many wizards doing this completely wasting their power pips, making terrible choices simply because they happen to like a certain spell from a different school. This is the worst thing you can possibly do and makes things much harder on yourself for the following reasons:

1: If you are not attacking in your school you are eating up twice the potential pips you gain which can slow you down very much in a fight. When you do this, you not only do less damage in total but you leave yourself completely vulnerable to an oncoming assault from your opponents whether they be computer or other players.

2: You are also not taking advantage of the gear and spells your schools have. There is a very good reason why your school has certain "Gear Only" items. They are designed to help you use your own spells and not the spells of another school!

Don't forget that when you reach a certain level you are given blades to increase the damage of your own spells from your own school and not spells of another school. If you keep on rebelling against your own schools spells and your own schools design, you are only going to continue having a hard time playing the game.

I promise you very much, I am absolutely certain that if you follow the design of your school you will be a better player for it. You will improve if you just trust your own spells and work with them as they were designed.

Attacking out of school is the worst thing you can do. Secondary schools should function as either defense or support for your main school attack spells and should not serve you as offense.

If you are fighting enemies of the same element and worry about resist, you have a prism in your card list. Use that prism to change the element of your attack. It functions like a trap.

One more time: attacking out of school is the worst thing you can do, especially if that attack costs 3 or more pips.

A death student with 5 power pips can hit with wraith twice, doing more damage than a death student wasting all those pips on a stormzilla in two turns. And with the gear designed to boost your death attacks, it should be an easy decision to make. Get rid of the out of school attack spells and focus on your own. I promise you, you will improve as a player overall for it.

Hmmm, so what you are saying is I shouldn't use my 4 pips to give you a satyr when you die, as Fire Wizards dont have any healing spells that can be used to help another player. Silly me, I thought that was the point of playing with other people, so we can support each other...

Another thing, Balance and Life wizards dont have that many attack spells, so if they dont use their secondary school spells, they will have a much harder time winning a battle. My balance wizard has 4 attack spells and like 8 to 10 shield, blade, trap etc spells, without using my storm spells I would be defeated.

Next, because I use purchased gear (with crowns), I have attack boosts in all schools, and have never used gear that was fire only (for my fire wizard), for that very reason.

I don't understand why you are so angry about this. What difference does it make to you, how I choose to use my pips?

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
you get a secondary school because it makes you stronger i am life and i am also part fire and i think its a good thing so we do not always have to use our small spells we can use super damage to.