Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lvl 58 death spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
i am jeff deathblade i will be in the necroplis for awhile i need help with the lvl 58 death boss

Survivor
May 01, 2010
xzemnis wrote:
i am jeff deathblade i will be in the necroplis for awhile i need help with the lvl 58 death boss
first and only thing about school quest that is gonna break your day, they always have to be done by yourself. ya i know it stinks, but if you keep trying you will pull through. i just hope your second is life cause your gonna need it :P

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
xzemnis wrote:
you have to do it solo

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
Survivor
Jun 06, 2010

They need to make it a lot easier to beat the level 58 death boss 13000 health and 90% resist is ridiculous. Since we have to do it solo it should be 5000 life max and 50% resist or no resist and 8000 health.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
xzemnis wrote:
you have to do it by yourself,im death and it took me 2 tries

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
they should make it easier because iam lvl 59 i can only get him down to 8,000. they should bring the health down to 8,310 then i can get my bone dragon

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
hi i am andrew thunderblade lvl 59 can any body help me i can't seem to beat him i can only get him down to like 6,000 plz help me

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I've been trying for over a week to beat this. So sick of fighting him. They made it virtually impossible to beat this. They should lower his health points and change it so that when you play a ward or charm it doesnt match you and then attack you in the same round. Just about ready to through pc out the window! Never had this much trouble with any quest until now. Almost seems like they want us to fail at this. I was told by a friend that if you have crowns buy balance and storm henchmen to help in this quest, but I know everyone cannot afford to buy crowns.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Well you most likely will be very disappointed with the spell once you get it.

You can only use it on one critter, unlike life's new attack all, or fire's...

The way to beat the boss without dying a zillion times is to play patiently and allow yourself to take hits.

I hope you have a good spell book, if not get one. Mine allows me 7 death school cards of EACH spell. This means I can have 7 wraiths, 7 curse, etc. Is the Deck of Last Departure.

Empty your spell book, then load up your maximum carrying capacity on these death spells:

1. Death Shield (-80%) Yes he will curse you each time you use it, but its only +30% and he only attacks death magic.

2. Death Prism (Converts deaths spells to life thus you get a bonus on death critters).

3. Wraith (You heal and you attack at the same time).

Load in 3 minions, 3 Vampires (seriously this is all you need from death school).

Load in 3 Self Heal cards. I actually only had to use mine once.

If you have amplify, load up on that. If you have fortify, load up on that.

If you know how to make treasure cards, then I suggest you make about 5 to 6 wraith and add that to your sideboard. While they are not stronger, they can have higher cast rates (ergo lower fizzle rates) which is helpful.

Also get 3 reshuffle cards from the library and at least 2 heal cards (heal for 450 I think).

Get a life wand preferably the strongest one you can.

Check your equipment, make certain you have the best you can afford. I have a critical rating of 74% attack and 60% resist for death - this seems to work rather well. Use the auction house.

I was not wearing any crown bought stuff, nor did I buy any henchmen.

How to work it:

When you first enter you have the Boss and some banshee who is really annoying. She will cast weakness and curse on you. SHE uses other spells other than death (He didn't use nothing but death on me).

Let them attack you, build your defenses (if the cards come up) using death shield. Yes He will put a 30% balance curse on you each time you do. However that is 30% against your minus 80%.... It is worth the cost of being cursed. Granted as long as the banshee is there that is plus 30% to non-death school spells. Ideally you want to wand her to death as your opening moves. Practically you should use what you have coming up. If need be PASS. No sense wasting your pips or cards attacking before you minion is there with you.

Wand the banshee, wand her again and again, work up to 8 power pips (8 gold pips) Then cast your minion spell. You should have Death Incarnate. http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94394

He cast several blades on me and a couple of death shields. He was real good at casting death trap and death curse on the boss, further he casts slow poison, Pirate and even wraith. Trust me while the resist is high on the Boss, these do significant damage over the whole of the battle.

Don't be afraid to pass. Its perfectly ok to pass, especially when you are picking your cards carefully.

Once you get the minion cast and beside you then go in for the kill on the Banshee. Use a convert and wraith - you will heal and kill (if you wanded her a 2-3 times prior to casting minion).

Use your treasure cards - those you made of wraith. If you have monstrous and other high strength bonuses, then make 5 pirates to take with you. Go fight on Unicorn Way and make the beefed up pirates there, don't try to do this in battle with the boss.

Watch what your minion is doing. If he has a pip and is casting death trap and you have 2 power pips and a convert, then cast your convert so you get the bonus of the death trap card. If he has 4+ pips and you have only 1 pip, you can rest assured that if you cast convert this round, next round while you have 2 pips he will be casting slow poison. That is a waste of a convert.

However if he is casting Wraith and he has already cursed the boss, then you may want to consider using convert so your minion's wraith gets that life bonus.

Keep track of the slow poison rounds so you can time your use of convert and your attack spells. Especially if the boss is attacking first.

Personally, I waited until I had 7 pips before I started my attack on the boss. I passed a few times, cast death shield, and fortify letting my minion do his thing while I built up pips. This way when the window of opportunity opened up I could cast a convert, then the next round attack with Wraith. Rinse and repeat.

I had to reshuffle twice to get through the boss. I only used one minion.

The only reason why I had to reshuffle twice is because I started out with 5 wraith cards and the rest vampires. I had to discard in order to get wands and death shield and the minion card. I suspect I could have only reshuffled once to get what amounts to 14 converts.

Its a slow, painful process. You will need time and to be patient.

The first time I went in there I used blades, and feint and ended up dead from all the curses the boss put on me. I used other school's spells (kraken, nova, etc) and ended up losing.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
i think the best thing to do is summon three minions and that will help trust me i did the quest already

hope this helps
sincerely, mark

Survivor
May 19, 2010
Hey, so i have 2 legendary life and balance

So i know i you felt about getting the lvl 58 death spell. Cause i felt the same way when i was going to get my lvl 58 life spell which is Forest Lord. I have to fight a rank 10 life boss so that can only mean one thing LOTS OF RESIST ON LIFE ATTACKS! so i am here to tell you or the other players who will be having trouble getting their lvl 58 death spells

so here it goes:

First of all you'll be needing death shields even though you have death resist you'll still be needing the help of death shields. Instead of using your own death shields spells just use the treasure card death shield. Flood your deck with death shield treasure cards and also flood your deck with lots of death prisms (i think 7 death prisms will do) then make sure to put the wraith spell to maximum and the pirate spell you will also need to flood your deck with death blades and traps and also put the spirit blades and traps to maximum. Then, of course, at the start of the battle you'll be going to discard some of your cards that you don't need so if you discard some cards make sure to draw for example you discarded 4 cards then you should draw 2 cards. just do that over and over again and if you have enough shields prepare for a big spell

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
mastermike066 wrote:

They need to make it a lot easier to beat the level 58 death boss 13000 health and 90% resist is ridiculous. Since we have to do it solo it should be 5000 life max and 50% resist or no resist and 8000 health.
Then that quest better give a lot of experience .