Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

UnTransmute! Wonderful Idea

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, I was talking today to a friend of mine. We are both working on the GrandMaster Artisan quest. And she said something that is truly amazing. She said, I wish I could UnTransmute items. Now there is a truly Grand, Amazing, Great Idea!

Of course, I told her that and great ideas, never make it into this game. Sorry, hope I did not get anyones hopes up.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I can understand.
A low level, looking for ore, finds a diamond. It would be nice to be able to turn a diamond into fifteen ore.
Later on the low level may wish that he kept the diamond.

If they do implement this, I would expect there to be some material loss.

like diamonds only giving ten ore, and black lotus only giving seven ore and seven cat-tails.
Just so you ask yourself; "do I really need the ore that badly?"

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
I believe it's a great idea, especially when you need the elements to transmute a different reagent. For example, on the final artisan quest, you need white pearls and you may find a black one. If you can "untransmute" that and get the black lotus back you may use them to create a white pearl, and you need a lot of those... Sure, you may get only 10, not 15, but it really could help, you have no use for a black pearl on the final quest. So, the question for me is "why not?" :)