Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Overdone and Overused

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2009
Open Letter to KingsIsle:

I understand that as the game develops into tougher levels that you want to make the opponents more challenging but seriously, is it really necessary that ALMOST ALL enemies past level 6 ALL have the weakness spell? Not only do they all have it but the computers AI casts it on almost every third to fourth round. So just when you have all the traps laid and sheilds set to deliver an awesome attack, the computer instinctively knows this as well ans automatically set up up this defense so everything the player worked so hard for gets somewhat diminished. Not only is this frustrating, but it's downright aggravating.
I don't believe the enemies are set up fairly. As player characters, we have a main school and then we pick and choose spells from other schools to "round out" our characters. These higher level enemies seem to be given access (unfairly) to every school and the certain spells they have seem deliberately hand picked for effectiveness. That said these enemy characters aren't fairly "rounded out" and therefore are given an unfair advantage. In essence, EVERY enemy above level 6 is the same and all you have succeeded in doing is creating a bunch of "One Trick Ponies", of differing difficulty.
Also why is it that player character spells always seem to FIZZLE just as we're about to cast one of our better spells and sometimes FIZZLE twice in a row, when the enemy hardly EVER fizzles. You can tell me all you want that it's a random percentage, but the percentage of player character FIZZLES to enemy FIZZLES clearly shows it's not.
Again, I understand that you want to make the game more challenging with player characters as the get higher in their levels, I'm just saying you shouldn't have to do it at the expense of fairness and fun to your players.

Sincerely,

Kiera Deathshade
Grandmaster Necromancer

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Pretty much says it all, especially fizzles. I notice storm enemies rarely fizzle, while my life char fizzles, on most battles, at least once a fight on normal fights (3 attacks, 1 fizzle).

As for weakness, PZ even acknowledged that this was a problem in DS. Why wasnt this balanced then if a prob was known?

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Your first complaint against weakness doesn't seem to apply very much when you get to Celestia, as such, different areas of the game do play a bit differently and should play a bit differently. I have a larger complaint against the game stacking groups of cards at the end of decks so that everyone struggles to draw attacks, or blades, or conversions, or whatever at different locations. In terms of fizzles, I use equipment that gives my character at least some bonus casting percent and I don't fizzle much at all, the A.I. opponents fizzle more than I do.