Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 58 Gear - No Trade, No Auction

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 28, 2010
So wondering how many others are put off by the No Trade, No Auction on the Level 58 Gear.

I'm not amused by this. I have been farming for my Storm gear for quite some time now. I went Legendary with this wizard the day after Celestia went live. Ever since, I've been trying to get my gear. I've fought Calypso and Astraeus probably about 50 times, never to get anything dropped of value from him.

Yet, my Legendary Life went in and battled Astraeus once and got the Storm robe. This is maddening. I can understand No Auction as these items shouldn't be available to just purchase at the Bazaar, but we should be able to trade them between our wizards.

There has to be a limit set for how many times you have to go in and farm a boss for gear before it drops, or is this just another way that KI feels it will keep us in game longer paying subscriptions and/or crowns.

One other thing. KI, you got smart with Calypso and put in a lever to make her re-spawn, this makes it so much easier to farm a boss that drops 58 gear. Aestraeus and Ptelemos does not have this, so you have to leave, come back in and do the 3 puzzles each time. Can't you put in a lever to make then re-spawn too?

Please change the way things drop for the wizards that are actually in the battle.

Frustration is another way for you to start losing subscribers!

Survivor
Jul 01, 2008
I agree. No Trade is one of the things that turns me off about this game. If you earned it, I feel you deserve to be able to use it any way you want. That should be the reward for the work and dedication you put into getting it in the first place.

Frustration is definitely not fun. And No Trade makes it worthless to invest yourself (timewise) in a game, for something you can only use on one wizard until they level up or you delete them to make another. It's fun when there's a lasting reward that makes it worth doing, but there is none here. And that does not just apply to Top Level gear for me, but throughout the spiral.

The grind factor takes away the fun factor, and serves to discourage people who would otherwise enjoy the game anyway and continue to play without needing to be trapped into a discouraging timesink.

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
I've had this problem on the test realm at first. Then when I got it, I totaly hated it. It came with almost no critical, almost no block, and you lose all your defence for your own school. Sure you get a little defence for storm and ice and more accuracy and damage. I liked the defence best knowing that I would have to take a lot of fire damage before a fire boss could kill me. At level sixty, I'm still waring my old grandmaster clothing. The best clothing is what you get from crafting it at grandmaster crafting level. So far its the best gear in the game (besides the ring and athame). The clothing for the other school is totaly awesome but fire's is useless. Who wants to spend days farming for clothing they will never use.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
You hit the nail on the head. At one time, if I was having problems getting my grand gear to drop for a specific wizard, I changed wizards and farmed with that one. If it dropped, I was able to go to my bank, transfer it to shared and put it on the appropriate wizard.

For some reason, KI has removed that ability and it was definitely the wrong decision.

My sub will come up for renewal in about 3 weeks, and I'm seriously thinking about letting it expire and saying farewell to this game.

KI made Celestia difficult... GREAT! The boss battles already take long enough. Spending all that time to get useless gear makes it all that much worse. Redoing the same battle 75 times with no success just makes it ridiculous.

KI, this is not the way to keep people in game subscribing, making it exciting and fun is. Spend some of that money on 2 or 3 development teams to work on 2 or 3 worlds at a time to bring then out faster, then you'll have a definite winner on your hands.

BayouGirl wrote:
I agree. No Trade is one of the things that turns me off about this game. If you earned it, I feel you deserve to be able to use it any way you want. That should be the reward for the work and dedication you put into getting it in the first place.

Frustration is definitely not fun. And No Trade makes it worthless to invest yourself (timewise) in a game, for something you can only use on one wizard until they level up or you delete them to make another. It's fun when there's a lasting reward that makes it worth doing, but there is none here. And that does not just apply to Top Level gear for me, but throughout the spiral.

The grind factor takes away the fun factor, and serves to discourage people who would otherwise enjoy the game anyway and continue to play without needing to be trapped into a discouraging timesink.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I haven't noticed this yet but am not at all happy about it! Could you imagine having had to farm Malistair for each wizard separately??? I totally get the no auction, you should have to work for it. But if your life wiz gets the death robe, you should definitely be able to trade it with your own wizards!!! KI, please change back!!!

Defender
May 30, 2009
addisoncrawford wrote:
I haven't noticed this yet but am not at all happy about it! Could you imagine having had to farm Malistair for each wizard separately??? I totally get the no auction, you should have to work for it. But if your life wiz gets the death robe, you should definitely be able to trade it with your own wizards!!! KI, please change back!!!

I remember when you DID have to farm Malistaire for each wizard's robe separately, and it made me want to throw my computer I think the most annoying thing about farming for level 58 gear is getting an item repeatedly dropped that you need but for a different wizard. I seem to ALWAYS get storm stuff on my death character and death stuff on my storm character.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
i have to second it, i have been getting good lvl 58 items but i can never use them

have been saving one of these types when i find them though in case they change the no trade although things like the Orrik nightglider's rings i think kinda should stay no trade and no auction

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Not saying i agree with it but KI had to put it in the game for some reason hopfully it is a good one.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
Dont forget doing malistair we can also spend some crowns for another chance at getting the gear we wanted and now we can not. Not a very good idea.

Defender
May 30, 2009
jjkl wrote:
Not saying i agree with it but KI had to put it in the game for some reason hopfully it is a good one.

At least now I have lots and lots of gold from selling the useless dropped items I received while farming :D

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
I've been farming the end bosses for quite a while in a duo i always run with my GF daily for quite some time now too. GF has been ok lucky and is only missing robe to have the best gear avalible on her storm where i'm missing the hat.

It feel like it has taken longer then it has because i have probably killed them over 100 times each by now. I've perfected decks designed for these 3 bosses and can probably run them in my sleep now so it only takes me about 25 min to do all 3 bosses in the duo.

But still the no trade is annoying as we've many time over collected full sets for our other wizards that we are bringing to 60 too.

It's too much farming for little reward.

Either make it so you can put the gear in shared bank to use on your other wizards or so the "set" items can only drop within your own school so i don't keep getting life robe 10x in a row when farming on my balance.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
I must agree with KoopCoda and BayouGirl on this topic. Having both the "No trade, No Auction" limitation on items increases frustration :x and dis-satisfaction to the Wizard101 gaming experience and sometimes makes me want to quit. Yet even as I express that opinion, to date, I have spent a year and a whole lot of time and money getting to the level I am with four Grandmasters and two other characters over level thirty. I continue playing not because of the overall cumulative fun of the game but because of the time and money I have spent getting what and where I have.

Time is money to me and I have paid for this "Free Play" game with both subscription and crowne purchases to be able to spend hours attempting to get the items I feel are best for my characters. If the "No Trade " limitation is on an item and I am unable to transfer it into my shared bank and therefore onto the character who needs it most it means I have to spend additional time that I do not have in order to attempt to get the item which may or may not drop in any additional attempt because of the terrible frequency of drop rate on the upper level items. I realize there is a challenge factor to consider here but starting with the Labyrinth onward to Malistaire, Briskbreeze, and the Celestian bosses the rare drops, including pets, are increasingly hard to come by and not being able to trade an item into your own shared bank just seems like giving us the reward for our efforts and then taking it away again.

I hope someone from KI will respond to this particular thread and remove the No Trade from all items. It would also be great if they would remove the No Auction from the remaining wands-swords so they can be purchased in the Bazaar. I've tried to get Avalanche’s, the Homunculus’s, the Dean's, and Redwing's swords countless times and still have had no luck. Thanks and I hope someone at KI reads this.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
I can understand the frustration, but after you hit the cap, all that is left is farming for your high level gear. If it was sell or trade, you would have nothing to do but wait until the next world release.

Been there, done that on a few Grand wizards. It must be the busywork factor here - something for us to shoot for when we have done everything else.

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
brytenshynee wrote:
I can understand the frustration, but after you hit the cap, all that is left is farming for your high level gear. If it was sell or trade, you would have nothing to do but wait until the next world release.

Been there, done that on a few Grand wizards. It must be the busywork factor here - something for us to shoot for when we have done everything else.

Come back and say that when you've killed the 3 end bosses 100+ (by the time this gets posted probably 150+) in order to get your missing hat or whatever item.

While knowing you have completed 10 "sets" of every other schools set including your 3 other wizards nearing lvl 60 too and you know you can't take the items out of shared bank and have to do it all over again with them.

In short; too much farming, kills the fun factor after a while.

Survivor
May 19, 2010
other than jjkl's post i have to agree with everyone here. the no trade is a complete mess. Im only 53 on my life and have already recieved lvl 56+ no trade gear for my ice.

the only reason KI would ever do that is they know devoted players will spend more money. which makes KI fall into the clich of all mmorpg's, they are all money grabs and nothing more like "wow", "conquer", anything produced by IGG.com

and since this probably wont get posted i might as well mention the fact that by having a fully moderated forum and not allowing all posts to be posted is a violation of the first amendment and all freedom of speech laws in all the country's to which this game has players.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Nov 21 will be my last day of play because of the mess KI has made of this game

i will not be able to play beyond WC so why play at all.
and i will be saving my self some money for some other game i can buy on CD or DVD .

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Phoenix2891 wrote:
and since this probably wont get posted i might as well mention the fact that by having a fully moderated forum and not allowing all posts to be posted is a violation of the first amendment and all freedom of speech laws in all the country's to which this game has players.

That's where you are wrong. The message board belongs to KI and they are allowed to set the ground rules for it. By your usage of the message board, you are agreeing to be bound by those rules.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
addisoncrawford wrote:
think we all agree to bad ki dosn't..i just subscribed prior to new world opening ,,but now kinda sad i spent the money plus money spent on epic card and crowns what a fool i was:(

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
Just change the no trade already so you can give your other wizards the pieces via shared bank.

I'm mega tired of this farming to say the least. Must be nearing haaving done Test of the spheres 150 times and Calypso almost as many. And having 5x fire sets on my balance wizard and fire sets on my balance wizard and still not complete set on either.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
probably to keep us busy anyway you need some patience :? :?

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
peacehitball wrote:
probably to keep us busy anyway you need some patience :? :?

Did you see the number of times I posted i have farmed these bosses?

Patience? I'm sure there are people who's farmed them even more times then me. So aside from farming them this insane amount of times, collecting, crafting, pvping and personally having to look forward to the prospect of doing this over again on 2x other legendary wizards(and i'm sure there are people who have more wizards then me).

I don't need more to keep myself busy or more patience with the amount of times i've done it and have to do it again. Personally i'd just like to get my gear done (missing hat to have best possible gear in the game) so i can pvp and not have to superfarm a mind numbing amount of times again on my other two wizards.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I agree with you. I have two accounts with 12 legendary players and none have all their level 58 gear, but all have gotten gear for my other level 58 counterparts. They wanted to reset the pvp ranks to draw up interest in their new spells, but this is even worse. This might be the straw that breaks my subscribing. I know it will be a long time before the next level comes out anyway, and since then this level 58 gear will be useless anyway, making it nearly impossible to get it isn't going to keep subscribers interested. We will just become frustrated and end subscriptions sooner.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
the farming for grand gear is hard for me cause i only have one grand.
but i mostly just use my epic clothes from the bundle card

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
Bump for justice.
Finally after about beating the 4 end bosses around 200 times i completed my gear for my balance wizard but that still doesn't make this right and my fire and myth is about to hit 60 too and i loathe the prospect of killing the 4 end bosses 400 more times.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
I also am angry about this no trade thing. Why doesn't KI just add a chest to put crowns into for each of the three bosses or at least the last. It would make life for us a whole lot easier and we would actually want to continue playing whereas now we are so frustrated that we may as well not try. For example i seem to always get the storm robe and death boots on my life legendary and it is sooooooo irritating. If KI wont take away no trade 58 items off the no trade list then they should make it easier to get them in some way at all.