Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So what are the warlord pets just worthless?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
I mean now they have the sea dragon. Which makes the warlord pets look useless. My crimson spectre once had all ultra rare and a few epic talents. Now there just rare. Every single one of my talents are downgraded. So was all that racing a pvping gone to nothing?

Administrator
Please see the Update Notes for information:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/october2010

Pet Talent Display Issues
Pet talents were displaying incorrectly. Please note this was only a display error!

Talents that were Epic were showing up as Common. They will now show up as Epic.
Talents that were Ultra Rare were showing up as Epic. They will now show up as Ultra Rare.
Talents that were Rare were showing up as Ultra Rare. They will now show up as Rare.
Talents that were Uncommon were showing up as Rare. They will now show up as Uncommon.
Talents that were Common were showing up as Uncommon. They will now show up as Common.

This change will not affect pedigree scores (overall or actual), no pet hatching costs, or anything else. Just the display name on the pet info screen before you get the actual talent, and the number of dots.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
well i really need pets with cards so yeah the sea dragon is sorta useless to me

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
No one needs pets with cards in Celestia.
You might want only pets with cards, sure.

I'm not sure why Spell-Proof, Sharp-Shot, Pain-Giver and PO'P are worthless compared to an innate card, but everyone is entitled to their perspective.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
It used to be that the number of dots was equal to the number of the pedigree. Maybe a chart of talents and their corresponding dot count would be helpful.

Spellproof is a 4 dot talent. I just don't know what to expect anymore from any other dot count. I got Ice-Giver in a 2 dot slot (very nice to have for my Ice wizard). With a 3 dot slot open, could it still be pips, or are pips a 2 dot slot now since they used to be a 3?
Accuracies used to be a 2 - are they a 1 now?

Sorry, I'm just so confused.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
In answer to my own question. I just leveled my pet up to ancient and a 2 point slot turned into a 3 point slot with Spritely. I can hardly wait to see what it gets next! Best pet I've had so far. Yay! :D

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
The non-manifested slots display one category lower than what they actually are.
Just go to wiki or Project Petnome to see which Talents will actually manifest.

Survivor
May 16, 2009