Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My computer has wont wi fi but wont connect

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Hi guys! First of all, great job with celestia, kingsisle. If only i could play on it. My wireless connection works and i can go on the internet, but it wont connect to the wizard 101 servers. :(. Plz reply if if you know anything.

Lvl 53 myth
Austin Ironslinger

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Some people have had their anti-virus programs block Wizard101. You might check that.

Megan

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It's most likely the router: that's the hardware that your computer wirelessly connects to in order to get to the internet. You may need to ask it to allow port forwarding and/or port triggering. Do the following:

Go to Start/Run and type in cmd . In the box that opens, type: ipconfig . You're looking for the entry for "Default Gateway". It's generally 198.162.1.1, but it could be something similar, such as 198.162.0.1, 198.162.1.100, etc. Write/type/memorize this.

In a browser on your computer, type in http://192.168.1.1 (or whatever the "Default Gateway" is). You'll probably see a popup box asking for login information. Leave the username blank. For the password type: admin

You should now be at a control panel. Most likely, it will be some version of a "Linksys" router. If not, you'll need to find documentation for the router on the internet.

If it's a Linksys-type router, one of the options on the top of the control panel will say "Applications and Gaming". Click on that. Underneath that menu will be "Port Range Forwarding". Click on that.

Now, on the first line that isn't already in use, enter 12000 and 12999 in the Start and End port boxes. Leave "Protocol" set to "Both". For the last number after the fixed 192.168.1 (or whatever is there), enter the same number as you see for "Default Gateway" or in the address box of the browser (i.e. 0, 1 or 2, as appropriate). Then tick the "Enabled" box. Now click on "Save Settings".

Now reboot the computer and try to connect to Wizard101.

If that doesn't work, send in a ticket to Support.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
great! but the router is at@t and i am not blocked from playing. (my dad checked that. i will send an email but i doubt they will reply. if they dont, well good luck with keeping me a subscriber kingsisle!