Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wild Blade

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Here is a solution to the fiasco of the recent changes to Wild Bolt:

1) Remove the spell.It has no value in its current form
2) Replace it with a new storm blade called Wild Blade. It will have a O pip cast cost. It will operate just like any blade,EXCEPT that when it's in the field of play,it will only resolve 33 1/3 percent of the time when a damage spell is cast by a user. It will cause the damage spell it amplifies to do an extra 1000 damage. If it doesn't go off, it simply stays as a blade on the user until another damage spell is cast,and then it has the same 33 1/3 chance to go off. This new bolt blade will solve the problem of the the current bolt wasting blades and traps if it hits for 1 or 100 damage. At a 33 1/3 proc chance,it still has the same percentage of working as the other. The biggest difference is now it won't mess up shields/blades,or waste pips. If it goes off once its in the field of play,great,if not,no harm no foul.This will also solve the pvp problem of the current wild bolt being exploited. Storm will have a good spell again,and the game balance remains intact. There are many possible solutions,this just seemed to me the easiest to make the masses happy. If anyone can think of a better modification,please feel free to list it. :D

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
colagada wrote:
They have a forum for ideas.
And this is it. Under the dorms, it says: Dicuss Ideas for Wizard101. And stop telling people to put it in different forums rather it's in right/wrong forum or not, it doesn't hurt a flee. If KI didn't like it, they'd move it to a different forum or just not post it so leave people alone about this, I see this way to much.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
colagada wrote:
They have a forum for ideas.

As I well know. I posted it there,and for some reason it showed up here.

Defender
May 17, 2009
I think it should be at 10%, just like wild bolt. That way it would be unenchantable. But I totally love your idea though!