Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia was NOT ready for release!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
Where do I begin, seeing as how they won't let this post anyway? Life and Death do NOT boost against a balance boss. Wonder why that is? Life only will boost against storm and death won't but myth still does thank goodness for that. The drops, useless for the most part but the biggest complaint about them is why do they sell for so little? 100-300 gold is all when this is supposedly a "high lvl world". Not to mention the fact, that somehow the creatures can throw a 1 pip attack that does almost 800 hp damage, and not even with banes can we do that much with a 1 pip spell. Also the crits shuffling their decks, this is something that has been rumored to be happening, and with what I have seen, it looks true. And what is with our decks being useless, no matter what we have in it, but the creatures mysteriously ALWAYS get a high damage/low pip card whenever they want it. NO Celestia was NOT ready for release, and I thought that is what the TEST server was for, so they could fix the bugs and problems before we wasted more money on this game.

Historian
May 15, 2009
have you heard of natural weaknesses?
because this may be what is happeneing like for crabs are weak against storm even if they are not myth
these if usually because they are sea creatures or water
and what conducts electricity? water of course
though i will have to research this further before i can offically debunk this so called "bug"

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Survivor
May 07, 2010
It seems as if they changing the way damage boosts against other schools.

I agree the gear is useless. It gives no benefits other than critical buffs which I've yet to see any player receive during a fight. But I've seen NPC toons crit left and right. The gear from DS is still better, but of course, has no critical stats.

What I'm peeved about is the way NPC enemies behave when other players jump into a fight circle. It used to be that any new monsters a new player lured into the fight attacked the new player. Now they all just go for the person in the tank spot...that is the poor person who began a solo fight.

So many times, I get rid of one monster and have the other add at half health when someone jumps in with 2 new enemies. All of them attacking me with high pip spells. I hardly ever jump into fights now in Celestia because it is an instant death sentence to the other player.

I know KI is trying to get people to think strategies for group fights but that isn't happening. People are just shielding themselves and letting the dupe who began the fight to take all the hits from 4 monsters. Not cool.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
They've changed the resist and boost in cl. You now boost on the other 2 schools in your triangle, say ice boosts on fire and storm. That is why when you see some celestia cloths it has resist against other schools besides your own

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
The things you are talking about, while they may bug you, are not program bugs. I like this world so far because it takes a different way of thinking. You have to talk to the people you join with, and I have found that most (although not all) have learned the same thing. That we have to work together.

The critical gear you get will add up over time and chances will increase. But you don't have to use that gear. You can keep your grand gear. They cant really increase the percentages because percentages only go to 100% and a lot of us have crazy high boosts as it is. So they introduced a new way of playing for people that wanted a change. If they combined the two ideas, it wouldn't be challenging.

My humble suggestion is to try to take a different view on it and enjoy it in it's own right. It can be very fun if you just take it for what it is. And Celestia is still very full of surprises! :)

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
ginchat wrote:
The things you are talking about, while they may bug you, are not program bugs. I like this world so far because it takes a different way of thinking. You have to talk to the people you join with, and I have found that most (although not all) have learned the same thing. That we have to work together.

The critical gear you get will add up over time and chances will increase. But you don't have to use that gear. You can keep your grand gear. They cant really increase the percentages because percentages only go to 100% and a lot of us have crazy high boosts as it is. So they introduced a new way of playing for people that wanted a change. If they combined the two ideas, it wouldn't be challenging.

My humble suggestion is to try to take a different view on it and enjoy it in it's own right. It can be very fun if you just take it for what it is. And Celestia is still very full of surprises! :)

Ok, why should I "team"? That's not how KI represents this game as. They represent it as "A game full of fun for ALL ages and families"! Not all parents are comfortable with their children meeting/talking to others on-line unless they know them. So if this game is for "ALL AGES", how does KI put in "cheating" bosses and expect parents have to explain their kids, "oh it's alright to cheat in a game, or a game company to put cheating in a game. But you can't cheat in real life"? Really, most kids are smart enough, but it goes to perception and integrity. If we want our children to have integrity then we should hold games and companies that tout "We care about children and our products are for ALL AGES" to the same integrity, honor and possibly a higher level of both. So really, I like soloing, and I'm not saying decreas it drastically, just stop alot of the "cheating" that can kill in 1 round.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
SpiritGWolf wrote:
Where do I begin, seeing as how they won't let this post anyway? Life and Death do NOT boost against a balance boss. Wonder why that is? Life only will boost against storm and death won't but myth still does thank goodness for that. The drops, useless for the most part but the biggest complaint about them is why do they sell for so little? 100-300 gold is all when this is supposedly a "high lvl world". Not to mention the fact, that somehow the creatures can throw a 1 pip attack that does almost 800 hp damage, and not even with banes can we do that much with a 1 pip spell. Also the crits shuffling their decks, this is something that has been rumored to be happening, and with what I have seen, it looks true. And what is with our decks being useless, no matter what we have in it, but the creatures mysteriously ALWAYS get a high damage/low pip card whenever they want it. NO Celestia was NOT ready for release, and I thought that is what the TEST server was for, so they could fix the bugs and problems before we wasted more money on this game.

I agree this is really NOT ready for release they should work on it especailly the monsters. I am a level 58 myth and i find it REALLY hard to beat TALOS especailly to solo him. KI should make it so he is alone with no minion or at least lower is max HP

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
They've changed the resist and boost in cl. You now boost on the other 2 schools in your triangle, say ice boosts on fire and storm. That is why when you see some celestia cloths it has resist against other schools besides your own

Yes, the bug fire boss in Stormriven (i don't remember the name) has a boost from fire but not one from ice it makes absolutely no sense

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
SpiritGWolf wrote:
ginchat wrote:

Ok, why should I "team"? That's not how KI represents this game as. They represent it as "A game full of fun for ALL ages and families"! Not all parents are comfortable with their children meeting/talking to others on-line unless they know them. So if this game is for "ALL AGES", how does KI put in "cheating" bosses and expect parents have to explain their kids, "oh it's alright to cheat in a game, or a game company to put cheating in a game. But you can't cheat in real life"? Really, most kids are smart enough, but it goes to perception and integrity. If we want our children to have integrity then we should hold games and companies that tout "We care about children and our products are for ALL AGES" to the same integrity, honor and possibly a higher level of both. So really, I like soloing, and I'm not saying decreas it drastically, just stop alot of the "cheating" that can kill in 1 round.

I know cause say you use frost giant some bosses will use like power nova after you use it and they only have to use the pips they have Ex: i was fighting Eeglis the other day and i used my orthrus then it said POWER SPELL or something like that, and he used power nova (or fire nova because it activated fire traps) and he only had 3 pips and i see that as unfair for most children that enjoy playing the game fairly and not having to die 10 times and want to solo. I REALLY hate CELESTIA so that is why i think CELESTIA was NOT ready for release.

Historian
May 28, 2009
Your right, there is not even sound when characters talk. Not even the bosses!

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
SpiritGWolf wrote:

Death and life have always, as long as I've been playing, had a boost on balance. I think the drops are pretty good for money. Most things easily sell for over 1k. I have easily made over 100k in Celestia.

Quinn Deaththorn - Lv 56 Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
Yes the boosts have changed, but hey it's something new. Also, the new items sell for about 1,000+ at the bazaar, so don't sell them at Celestia Base Camp. Also, if you don't like Celestia, here's the simple solution: Don't quest in it! Instead of yelling and complaining on the message boards just simply don't play Celestia. Also, it's just a game.
Brianna Thundersong, level 54 diviner, currently questing in Stormriven