Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

BIGGEST Problem in this game

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
The BIGGEST problem in this game is people are abusing open chat and adult chat. I think Kingsisle needs to remind ALL players that cursing even using words that represent sed words to get around the filter is STILL cursing. I extremely suggest that all current players must again agree to a form point this out. There are so many abusers now. If you have seen the comershal with the kid getting tattoos, Cyber bullying is just as bad as physical pain. And this has gotten WAY out of hand. The form should also point out what is and isnt false reporting. And that when you report someone, you report yourself too.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Thats why I believe in a Moderator is the larger populated areas such as the commons. A Mod can be the WC cop and mute players that abuse others or consistently as for a boy or girl (this is a MMORPG, not a dating site)

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
My friend and I were talking about what we had for dinner last night and when I got to the salad part I found out that "cucumbers" is censored even in open chat.

I have no idea why.

The biggest problem with chat abuse is that they use the abbreviated versions of most words such as they do on devices for "texting".

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
that's what I said Jaro. People abuse the open chat and adult chat way too much

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Sigining forms and such won't change a single thing in the game.

Many teenagers (and adults, I find) thinks it's hilarious to find ways around a chat filter so they can be as abusive as possible. Filtering out words won't fix a thing, as it will take 10 minutes, tops, before a replacement word has been found. Even if you constantly flash on the screen every 5 minutes that they cannot curse or abuse the chat filter, they will continue to do so - and possibly even be encouraged by the idea that it is "forbidden".

Banning the accounts doing so will not fix anything, either. They will just make new accounts - only solution is an IP ban. But then there's the whole issue of the banned person being a subscriber/crown payer, and thus being denied access to the goods they legitimately bought...

I also believe that KingsIsle only has an American staff on hand - meaning that there's just some hours that they cannot cover (just like how the forum is only updated with new posts when there's a staff member in the office). Also, keep in mind that we have a LOT of realms, and a staff member would have to monitor each and every one for "bad" chat.

Then there's also the context, where a sentence taken out of context can be utterly innocent or utterly deviant (while in fact being the opposite) - taking the "I like cucumbers. They are yummy." example. Any staff member on monitor duty would have to sort through all of the chats and figure out the contexts - who is talking to who about what, and who is randomly butting in and all that...

I'm getting a headache just thinking about all the work that would go into making it impossible for people to abuse the chat filter.

What I would like to see was a minor punishment inflicted on people who get a report notice filed enough times within a short amount of times - which takes away their open/text chat and leaves them only with menu chat for a short period of time - except for people on friends list (which would still allow talking to friends, but not to continue being abusive in the common chat).