Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kraken is wrong!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 19, 2009
A kraken is an octopus what the thing in the attack "Kraken" is Lethurus
please CHANGE THE NAME!!!

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Champion
Jan 27, 2009
I agree especially since there in an actual kraken in celestia, it's not a spell though (YET!)

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
rubyb23 wrote:
Go watch Clash of the Titans from the 80's.

Hey, rubyb23, Kraken is actually from NORSE MYTHOLOGY. The people who put the name in Greece didn't have a CLUE what they were doing. Kraken is basically, yes, a colossal octopus-like monster. The monster who attacked Andromeda in Greek mythology (sorry, I haven't watched "Clash of the Titans," but it's the only Greek sea monster I can remember) is called Cetus. It bears a startling resemblance to the "Kraken" Spell (of course, Cetus had a red head-frill, but other than that.....).

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Yea I know and btw kraken's aren't from Norse Mythology There from the greek root Krakien meaning creature of the sea

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
mychiller wrote:
Yea I know and btw kraken's aren't from Norse Mythology There from the greek root Krakien meaning creature of the sea

Not from what I read. Here is the Online Etymology Dictionary (OED) definition:

Kraken- "monster of the North Sea," 1755, from Norwegian dialectal krake.

I also read it's from Norse mythology from many reliable sources; nothing I read even mentioned Greece (which disproves Clash of the Titans and "God of War II" lol).

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Heh, might I suggest...
The spiral is not earth. Earth is located in the spiral, and many aspects of the other worlds of the spiral are similar to those of Earth. These other worlds are not Earth.

Perhaps a Marleybone scholar of Etymology would tell you that Kraken is Celestian for "angry purple guy." That same scholar could then point out that there are several varieties of Kraken, throughout the spiral, that arn't mollusks. (transmute spells for the fire and ice krakens)

How important is this to you?
The spiral is a magical universe that is being made up as we go along. KI can choose to ignore any convention and call it magic.
If they mispronounce or misrepresent a word, they can simply say. "That's how it is in Krokotopia."

Science is rigid: facts are facts.
Magic is insanely flexible: facts are nice, but sometimes you can ignore them.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
with this being a fantasy game.

anything goes....

and if they wanna call it a kraken..
then it is a kraken...

i do not remember waterfalls talking and trees walking either

so accept it and play the game and just enjoy the fun...

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
with this being a fantasy game.

anything goes....

and if they wanna call it a kraken..
then it is a kraken...

i do not remember waterfalls talking and trees walking either

so accept it and play the game and just enjoy the fun...

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
I have read that the kraken is a green octopus of the sea. So ki make it look like a green octopus.

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
True. It was what i was thinking too. But on the Color Me Pics the Kraken picture name shows Leviathan. But Leviathan is supposed to be a Sea Serpent and it's alreay a spell so. I dunno wat happened. But i think it looks cooler like the way it is! :)

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
DouDou123 wrote:
True. It was what i was thinking too. But on the Color Me Pics the Kraken picture name shows Leviathan. But Leviathan is supposed to be a Sea Serpent and it's alreay a spell so. I dunno wat happened. But i think it looks cooler like the way it is! :)

Leviathan means "Sea Creature" as I know it.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
i've seen the kraken from both the 80's and the new version here's the comparison

80's kraken: its exactly like the kraken spell in the game only its a bit green on its head it moved kinda weird it expression was odd too it went from > . < to o: then :P finally back to > . <

2010 kraken: a giant squid with over a 1,000 (my guess) tentacles as big as 10 football fields in stormriven there is a kraken and its exactly like the kraken from the 2010 clas of the titans

hunter legendwraith level56 necromancer