Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem getting history books

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
When do we pick up this quest. I have defeated
Unicorn way,Lady Blackhope's room-History of Life magic.
Cylcops Lane,General Akillies's room-History of Myth magic.

This is my third character I checked the library. I am level 9 shouldn't I have this by now?

Administrator
The quest you are interested in is called Library Dues and you may want to check out this post for more information.
With the changes we made to the tutorial, a few things got shifted around and you should receive this quest at level 10.
It does mean repeating those bosses, but by then you should be definitely strong enough to win those duels easily.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
Thank you for your response but I think this decision from the teachers is not the brightest move. You see I have already defeated the cyclops boss and the wizard city boss WHY because you can not go on until you get them.

Well I guess you could do a mismash of triton and firecat alley. I feel frustrated because I died both times but I re did my cards and got through the battle. So now I have to go do it again. And the point to this is..................?

I think it should be a choice of when we want to fight the bosses. Just like we get the Golem quest when it is not really possible to do until we get two bottles. Yes it could be done before that if you stock up on health cards.
And that costs gold so why bother.

Could you please rethink this. Or give me another understanding of why you think we were not strong enough to do these battles when most of us do?

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
Okay first i'm gonna say thanks for telling me those places. Heres what i've found!

Fire Magic- Prince Alicane's Area, Near the stage on the left.
Death Magic-Lord Nightshade's Tower, you won't see it at first sight but if you walk up about halfway and look on the left you'll see the stand.
Storm Magic-Harvest Lord's Tower, On the right it's inside one of the cavity's on the wall.

I'm STILL looking for the Ice Magic, but i'll tell you if I find it! Ihave a guess to where it is though. Maybe you could check inside Prince Gobblestone's Palace!
I hope this helps you!

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
Okay I found the ice One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is in Prince Gobblestones Tower Just when you're done with him"Battle Him first" Go forwards and look on the right side if anyone has any problems with getting through quest just post it and i'll look for your message! I'm pretty good at figuring out anything in the game so it might not be to hard to just fly through this game with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
littlebelle wrote:
Thank you for your response but I think this decision from the teachers is not the brightest move. You see I have already defeated the cyclops boss and the wizard city boss WHY because you can not go on until you get them.

Well I guess you could do a mismash of triton and firecat alley. I feel frustrated because I died both times but I re did my cards and got through the battle. So now I have to go do it again. And the point to this is..................?

I think it should be a choice of when we want to fight the bosses. Just like we get the Golem quest when it is not really possible to do until we get two bottles. Yes it could be done before that if you stock up on health cards.
And that costs gold so why bother.

Could you please rethink this. Or give me another understanding of why you think we were not strong enough to do these battles when most of us do?

You know. noone is forcing you to do any quest. Just move on to the next zone or world.

and actually as a death mage, i did the golem quest without any bottles. It all just centers around making sure your as high health as possible when you end the fight. even delaying the final blow to heal.

I did golem tower before i did firecat or cyclops. i think even before i finished triton.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Golem tower isn't possible without two bottles? What?

I did it with all of my characters, usually clearing the whole tower multiple times (for the earlier quests, I'd keep going until either I died or mobs did) on a trial account, so typically about level 6-8. I didn't (and couldn't) get two bottles until I paid.

The trick in each battle is to kill one mob quickly, then heal yourself so that you're mostly healed when you finish off the other.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
I understand that ice mages are supposed to be the tanks of the game, but I pushed through the golem tower quest right after I finished Unicorn way. True, sometimes I got beat and I had to refill my health at the mini-games but it's very doable at low levels before you get the second bottle.

Quiz is right about removing one of the mobs. They hit as hard when they are near dead as when they are fresh as a daisy. Focus on crushing one asap, When your down to a one on one match it's easier to control the field and keep your health up.