Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

matter what item you got you can gift

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
i was thinking and my friend is a fire warlord and he has alot of commander sets and i said hey what if you could gift me the commander set he said ok but i dont know how so i was thinking to allow gifting for anything you got so i think this rule is fair Sincelry Marcus Skull Wraith 50 Neromacer

Administrator
Absolutely not.

You can Gift items only at the time of purchase. You cannot 'Gift' items you already own, this is called trade, and the trade of items between different account logins will not be added to Wizard101.

The only items that can be traded between two different account logins are non-enchanted Treasure Cards.

Items that you want to place in the Shared Bank can be moved between Wizards on the same account. If you can't use the item, sell it to the Bazaar, and if it is marked No Auction, you can sell it at the regular shopkeeps throughout the Spiral.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Absolutely not.

You can Gift items only at the time of purchase. You cannot 'Gift' items you already own, this is called trade, and the trade of items between different account logins will not be added to Wizard101.

The only items that can be traded between two different account logins are non-enchanted Treasure Cards.

Items that you want to place in the Shared Bank can be moved between Wizards on the same account. If you can't use the item, sell it to the Bazaar, and if it is marked No Auction, you can sell it at the regular shopkeeps throughout the Spiral.

Well, if you'd tell us why we can't trade anything but treasure cards maybe we would stop asking!

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
May i ask why not? I've always wanted to gift things to my friends as a way of thanking them for helping me.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Allowing unlimited gifting would open the door to real-world trading, item-scamming (which the younger players would be especially vulnerable to), cloning, and level-building abuse. None of those are good for an MMORPG, which is probably why gifting is limited to Crowns Store items and cross-account trading is limited to Treasure Cards.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
colagada wrote:
Allowing unlimited gifting would open the door to real-world trading, item-scamming (which the younger players would be especially vulnerable to), cloning, and level-building abuse. None of those are good for an MMORPG, which is probably why gifting is limited to Crowns Store items and cross-account trading is limited to Treasure Cards.

Free Realms allows trading, and people already offer mounts in return for treasure cards, and don't give mounts. I don't see a problem in adding trading. Some items, of course, could be non trade, such as crowns items and special items.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
sry cologada but that is a weak argument due to the fact begging is allowed in the game and younger players are most likely to fall for these beggars, and scammers (i.e. i will give ya something (imaginative) for a mount or some other trade). and it must work because there are still beggars in the commons. so real world scamming is already in play. All the trading ban does is prevent people from trading gold items between accounts. I dont know if this is to force a more crown item gifting to generate real world revenue but its hard to beleive even that since KI would really rack up during valentines when gifting the person who stands at the well gifts would be a boon during that time. So, off hand and in short, it would probably stress the servers to no end trying to keep up with item exchanges between wizards, and we are lucky that we can gift certain crown items and non enchanted treasure cards. Otherwise why would ki care if we gifted everything considering beggars seem to be a non issue to them.
Come to think of it, the servers seem more reliable more often since the enchanted treasure card banning.

As Lydia said:
Absolutely not.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.