Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stuns

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
Hey all wizard fans! I got a question about the Ice Stun spell you get at lvl 2. Well my Ice noob just beat Unicorn Way, i also heard some people saying that Stuns dont Stun bosses. I tryed to Stun RattleBones, he is not a boss, it just says he is rank 1 elite, so i tryed to Stun him and the Stun didnt work. His minion is also rank 1 elite and i Stuned it and it worked, plz tell me whats going on!

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I openly admit that I don't use a lot of stuns, so my experiences might be a bit limited...

But from what I have gathered, stuns works on all creatures. If the stunned creature passes, then the stun was successful - and an even easier way of telling it is if the creature obtains stun shields around itself.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
Bookshelvings wrote:
I openly admit that I don't use a lot of stuns, so my experiences might be a bit limited...

But from what I have gathered, stuns works on all creatures. If the stunned creature passes, then the stun was successful - and an even easier way of telling it is if the creature obtains stun shields around itself.

Well, lemme tell you this, RattleBones DIDNT i mean DIDNT pass, after I stuned him, he went ahead and used a Death spell. So, it didnt work, and the shields were there too.

Defender
May 30, 2009
Some bosses cannot be stunned. Rattlebones, I'm assuming, is considered a boss. It's just part of the game.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
Yes up to celestia everything gets stunned. Including bosses. I have never had a creature or boss not be stunned on my fire myth or storm. Must have just been a weird glitch or something.

Celestia changes that up though. I have not had a successful stun against a boss in celestia on the test server yet. I think the bosses are going to be immune to stun there xD

Explorer
May 20, 2010
colagada wrote:
According to the Ice Grandmasters that I've spoken to, stunning works on all enemies.

I have 2 Grand Master wizards, and one is Ice, and stunning does NOT work on all enemies.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Stuns do not work on enemies classified as BOSS or ELITE. Since Rattlebones is Elite, he cannot be stunned.

Hannah Lifebringer level 50 Life
Hannah Storyforge Level 50 Ice

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
superluther wrote:
Stuns do not work on enemies classified as BOSS or ELITE. Since Rattlebones is Elite, he cannot be stunned.

But his minion is elite and it got stunned.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
Survivor
May 30, 2009
wizard10123488 wrote:
superluther wrote:

he probably just passed

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
benjaminsaunders wrote:
wizard10123488 wrote:
superluther wrote:

he probably just passed

Didnt I post some where here that he DIDNT pass, he just used his Death attack (the one where he goes to the middle of the field and then swings his sword in slow-mo kinda.)

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
wizard10123488 wrote:
Hey all wizard fans! I got a question about the Ice Stun spell you get at lvl 2. Well my Ice noob just beat Unicorn Way, i also heard some people saying that Stuns dont Stun bosses. I tryed to Stun RattleBones, he is not a boss, it just says he is rank 1 elite, so i tryed to Stun him and the Stun didnt work. His minion is also rank 1 elite and i Stuned it and it worked, plz tell me whats going on!

And also to know if your stun worked, it takes like 2-3 seconds before your turn or end of round and normally its 1 second (if they pass.)