Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earn Crowns button

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2008
Is there any way to turn off the "Earn Crowns" button? It's distracting up on the screen and takes up space. No offense, but as a paying subscriber, I shouldn't have to have advertisements on my screen as I play. Please relocate it to the character page or inventory page. Or make it a once-a-day tutorial pop-up that we can click to make go away.

Survivor
May 23, 2008
Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
I have to agree. Its also not that big of a deal to me but it is a tad annoying.......

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
TheDeadEye wrote:
Is there any way to turn off the "Earn Crowns" button? It's distracting up on the screen and takes up space. No offense, but as a paying subscriber, I shouldn't have to have advertisements on my screen as I play.

KingsIsle I don't have a problem with the earn crowns button and I am certain there are many other members who would agree with me. It is not distracting since it is very small and in the upper right hand of the screen It does not interfer with your view while playing nor is it advertisement since it is kingsIsle game you are playing. I think it is a great reminder to some of us that we can earn crowns while supporting this wonderful game so it can become greater and offer much more advances in the game to us. Please let's be supported and grateful and less critical and ungrateful. I am a paying customer who now has a family of young adults, in-laws, grand-kids and their friends who are all paying customers because I recommened the game to them. I wished the earn crowns button option was available then. Its' conveniece makes a great asset for those who desire to use it and reap the rewards. Thank you KingsIsle for such a creative family game.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
Survivor
May 23, 2008
I have 4 full accounts, plenty of support here. Nobody is saying remove it or stop doing it, we are talking about options. For example I don't use the compass, so I leave it turned off, my youngest does use it. If the compass names were forced on all the time I would be asking for OPTIONS there also.

In this case there is no option to remove icon and that is what would be nice to have available. I would not mind if I had to toggle it off every time I started playing the game, just give me the choice.

ASIMA wrote:
TheDeadEye wrote:
Is there any way to turn off the "Earn Crowns" button? It's distracting up on the screen and takes up space. No offense, but as a paying subscriber, I shouldn't have to have advertisements on my screen as I play.

KingsIsle I don't have a problem with the earn crowns button and I am certain there are many other members who would agree with me. It is not distracting since it is very small and in the upper right hand of the screen It does not interfer with your view while playing nor is it advertisement since it is kingsIsle game you are playing. I think it is a great reminder to some of us that we can earn crowns while supporting this wonderful game so it can become greater and offer much more advances in the game to us. Please let's be supported and grateful and less critical and ungrateful. I am a paying customer who now has a family of young adults, in-laws, grand-kids and their friends who are all paying customers because I recommened the game to them. I wished the earn crowns button option was available then. Its' conveniece makes a great asset for those who desire to use it and reap the rewards. Thank you KingsIsle for such a creative family game.

Survivor
Oct 14, 2008
I completely agree, it DOES interfere. Big, yellow letters screaming something that I already know... I really do think we should be able to turn it off. You've got my vote.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
I suggest a toggle earn crows button for subscribers, you can leave it there for the free players!

Survivor
Oct 25, 2008
It does distract you and annoying I can understand. But how is it to you that its so annoying that you would have to write that? I mean to half the players they don't get distracted( Now i'm just guessing) but yeah. I mean if you don't like it, don't look at it then.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2008
The button annoys me, too. It would be nice if there was an option to turn it off.