Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Spawn Battles"

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 22, 2008
I have noticed a problem, especially in areas where you have to run through a spotwhere enemies roam (places without sidealks). Spawn fights, as I call them, are when an enemy spawns (appears) right where you are standing, forcing a fight you cannot avoid and usually don't want to be in. This can significantly slow down game speed, and if it happens consistently, really annoy a player. This happens a lot in Celestia for me, and it starts to annoy me. So as i solution, I believe newly appearing enemies should have a grace period, like wizards do after they fight, where they have a few seconds before a new fight can be entered/started. This is just a suggestion, anyone who agrees or has a different idea on the topic is welcome to post here.

Historian
May 28, 2009
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
skbronco6 wrote:
I have noticed a problem, especially in areas where you have to run through a spotwhere enemies roam (places without sidealks). Spawn fights, as I call them, are when an enemy spawns (appears) right where you are standing, forcing a fight you cannot avoid and usually don't want to be in. This can significantly slow down game speed, and if it happens consistently, really annoy a player. This happens a lot in Celestia for me, and it starts to annoy me. So as i solution, I believe newly appearing enemies should have a grace period, like wizards do after they fight, where they have a few seconds before a new fight can be entered/started. This is just a suggestion, anyone who agrees or has a different idea on the topic is welcome to post here.

I agree completely. It seems that it does no good to look both ways when you need to cross the street, path, whatever when monsters can spawn right in your path and are able to immediately bring you into battle.