Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about Pre Paid Pet Cards..

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2010

I have never purchased one of the pre-paid pets. and would like to be clear on some things before I do .

I read that the pet I get depends on when I redeem it, not when I purchase it .

So if I go out and buy the wildclaw $20 card from Walgreens today, and redeem it later this evening , I will get the helpful wildclaw pet with the pixie spell , and if I decide to wait until december to redeem this same card I will get the supportive wildclaw with the dragonblade spell ?

I will also get $20 credited to my account? Since I pay $6.95 a month for 2 family accounts , I will not get billed for a manth , then a partial bill the following month? Anyway to just turn the $20 into crown for my accounts?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Yes to the pets. When you redeem your card, you get to choose (at that time) whether you want to have it as payment towards subscription, or as crowns.

Since you have to be logged into one of your accounts on the website in order to redeem your card, it cannot be used to pay for both subscriptions. However, it would still add up the same (instead of 2 subscriptions having no charge for a month, you will get 1 subscription charge for 2 months).

The same works for the crowns deal. However, you can then transfer some (or all) of the crowns to the other account from the "My Account" link.

MsSandy121 wrote:

I have never purchased one of the pre-paid pets. and would like to be clear on some things before I do .

I read that the pet I get depends on when I redeem it, not when I purchase it .

So if I go out and buy the wildclaw $20 card from Walgreens today, and redeem it later this evening , I will get the helpful wildclaw pet with the pixie spell , and if I decide to wait until december to redeem this same card I will get the supportive wildclaw with the dragonblade spell ?

That is correct, whenever you redeem the card on the website, the featured pet at that time will be the pet you get, regardless of when you purchased the Gift Card in stores.

MsSandy121 wrote:

I will also get $20 credited to my account? Since I pay $6.95 a month for 2 family accounts , I will not get billed for a manth , then a partial bill the following month? Anyway to just turn the $20 into crown for my accounts?

You have the choice between Crowns and a Pre-Paid Time on any Gift Card.

The $20 gift cards are only redeemable for 10000 Crowns or two, one month Pre-Paid Time at the $9.95 price. There is no compensation for the family pricing.

Since you're already a Member at a lower price than the Gift Card offers, Crowns is probably your best bet. Just make sure you select the Crowns option on redemption and that you apply the card to the correct account.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.