Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dye (paint) Shop overpriced?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
I just wanted to say that I think that all of the costs to dye clothing should be drastically reduced for 3 main reasons:

1. It would add more color to the game with a larger varity of colorful characters walking around.
2. It adds to the mystery to what a player primary school might be. (I.e. Hey, he's wearing mostly red so he must be a pyro wizard.)
3. Also, what is the point of dying your clothing when after playing for only a short period of time you find/buy some item of clothing that is better than what you had dyed and you end up getting rid of the article of clothing anyway (thus wasting gold on the dye process)?

Thanks

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
I sooo agree with this point. At the beginning, when choosing my character and my clothes, I also chose a certain color theme who I intended to keep throughout the game. However I quickly had to give that up as coloring new clothes costs alot, and better clothes are always around the corner. Personally I think coloring clothes should be free, or only a couple of gold coins

Survivor
Sep 26, 2008
I totally agree that the dye shop is way too overpriced. I understand charging a few gold to dye items...but the price being charged is outrageous.

Survivor
May 23, 2008
I also agree. I can understand the need for a gold sink, I just wish they would put one in that applied to everyone and not just those of us who try not to look like a clown by dying our new gear.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Yes yes yes. Oh yeah. I think the creators need something to buy with crowns for like 100 because that is normally how much you have left over. And your parents will hate paying for them again so why not make it worth it.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
:(
I must weigh in on this subject, as I have actually SAVED gold with Dye Shop!

I learned through another Thread that buying your gear "Brown / Brown" (or Gold / Gold for girls, for some reason) costs way less. Then Dye it the colors you want. The difference in Dyeing verses buying At-Color is surprising; I have actually saved several thousand Gold buying Premium Items in this fashion.

Now if they would just fix the seeming BUG that puts Gold in place of Brown for female Wizard, as Gold Color costs more than Brown color. If they want Gold as a selection, add it to the bottom of the Color Bar?
:(

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
Benny7 wrote:
I totally agree that the dye shop is way too overpriced. I understand charging a few gold to dye items...but the price being charged is outrageous.

I agree to dye my 3 crown items black and white cost me 20,000 gold!
The prices are not able to do with

Survivor
Jun 18, 2008
driftblim275 wrote:
Benny7 wrote:

I agree to dye my 3 crown items black and white cost me 20,000 gold!
The prices are not able to do with

wow 20,000 would buy a whole new "crown" outfit even in Moo Shu! some of the clothes you can buy form crowns you can buy for a LOT of gold. like right now i have a hat that gives me the hydra spell (which btw is not included as a word in filtered chat, hydra) and it only cost me 22,400 so it's almost like why waste real life money on things i can earn coins for and buy in the shop. and they say subscibers get access to better items. i'll believe that when i see it. i havent gotten anything an access pass player hasn't or couldn't get. and i totally agree prices are ridiculous and nothing in return when you sell them back either.