Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance is overpowered, too easy, and boring

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I've played a multitude of different schools and I must say that balance all the way up to grandmaster is the most over powered and easiest school to level. Every fight all I do is cast two balance blades, a balance shield, feint, and judgment, if going up against something with balance defense I'll either out damage the defenses with judgment or go with spectral blast or any number of non-balance treasure cards. The thing is, no matter what I am up against nothing has adequate protection against my one hit kills. If I am with anyone else, I can either one hit kill things 1 on 1, or I can plus up the damage of my mates so that they can do obscene amounts of damage (my storm friends easily do well over 10,000 damage on their mass attacks). I wonder where the challenge in Celestia will be when we do so much damage without a second thought. The grandmaster towers often make you attack things 1v1, and the funny thing is that as balance when I blade up I do as much damage as a storm that I don't assist, and I can even out damage a storm by a lot with 1v1 attacks if I use triple blades and traps. Not to mention I also have at my disposal no pip cost cards that reduce damage and targeting. All this power, by far the most powerful of any school, and yet it is incredibly dull and boring to play, and there is never any adequate defense against me. On the shield challenge quest that pitted me against the balance boss that had two shield casting assistants, I let them stack their shields around ten or twinty times in a row (I was bored), they had all types of shields on the balance boss including towers and the protection shields that add 400 health, anyway even with all that and using judgement (a balance card employed against a balance boss), I still overkilled by well over one thousand damage. I will level up to 50 probably tomorrow upon the balance and am a bit upset that there has been absolutely no challenge for it at all.

The thing with judgement is that it is a damage per pip card and you don't have to keep casting blades and traps over and over again to ever make a 1v1 kill, you simply wait until you have the pips to kill then cast as opposed to using a non-damage-per-pip card that you might have to blade up and recast a couple or several times to get your kill with and finding those blades and traps can take a long time unless you one hit. Also with judgement should I ever miss a kill I can easily cast another judgment with a single pip or count how many more pips I need to simple kill, again you can not do that with cards that require X amount of pips to cast as you have to wait for those pips before casting.

In short, I hate balance and yet the only reason I play it is that it is by far, hands down, the most powerful school in the game and never has any sort of defenses against it. The only problem with balance is that it can go through a lot of mana and it can drop a lot in health due to player lazyness and lack of patience (health goes down cause it takes more time to shield and to heal than to outright blade up, trap up, and attack, and then find whisps after everything is dead, so often or even most of the time you don't even need shields or healing at all).

Defender
May 30, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I've played a multitude of different schools and I must say that balance all the way up to grandmaster is the most over powered and easiest school to level. Every fight all I do is cast two balance blades, a balance shield, feint, and judgment, if going up against something with balance defense I'll either out damage the defenses with judgment or go with spectral blast or any number of non-balance treasure cards. The thing is, no matter what I am up against nothing has adequate protection against my one hit kills. If I am with anyone else, I can either one hit kill things 1 on 1, or I can plus up the damage of my mates so that they can do obscene amounts of damage (my storm friends easily do well over 10,000 damage on their mass attacks). I wonder where the challenge in Celestia will be when we do so much damage without a second thought. The grandmaster towers often make you attack things 1v1, and the funny thing is that as balance when I blade up I do as much damage as a storm that I don't assist, and I can even out damage a storm by a lot with 1v1 attacks if I use triple blades and traps. Not to mention I also have at my disposal no pip cost cards that reduce damage and targeting. All this power, by far the most powerful of any school, and yet it is incredibly dull and boring to play, and there is never any adequate defense against me. On the shield challenge quest that pitted me against the balance boss that had two shield casting assistants, I let them stack their shields around ten or twinty times in a row (I was bored), they had all types of shields on the balance boss including towers and the protection shields that add 400 health, anyway even with all that and using judgement (a balance card employed against a balance boss), I still overkilled by well over one thousand damage. I will level up to 50 probably tomorrow upon the balance and am a bit upset that there has been absolutely no challenge for it at all.

The thing with judgement is that it is a damage per pip card and you don't have to keep casting blades and traps over and over again to ever make a 1v1 kill, you simply wait until you have the pips to kill then cast as opposed to using a non-damage-per-pip card that you might have to blade up and recast a couple or several times to get your kill with and finding those blades and traps can take a long time unless you one hit. Also with judgement should I ever miss a kill I can easily cast another judgment with a single pip or count how many more pips I need to simple kill, again you can not do that with cards that require X amount of pips to cast as you have to wait for those pips before casting.

In short, I hate balance and yet the only reason I play it is that it is by far, hands down, the most powerful school in the game and never has any sort of defenses against it. The only problem with balance is that it can go through a lot of mana and it can drop a lot in health due to player lazyness and lack of patience (health goes down cause it takes more time to shield and to heal than to outright blade up, trap up, and attack, and then find whisps after everything is dead, so often or even most of the time you don't even need shields or healing at all).

Is there ANYTHING that you don't complain about when it comes to balance? Seriously? The most overpowered school by far??? You are doing exactly what you have been posting about ALL over these message boards and that's going for the "one hit kill" with judge and obviously have learned nothing about playing a balance wizard. What exactly did you expect to get out of this character when you created it?

I'm going to echo all the things that have already been said before about a balance wizard. Balance is a combination of all schools and therefore in the middle. You have minions, elemental spells, healing and boosting. It is good for solo play or for group play. Balance is supposed to be all things rolled up in one.

Storm, on the other hand (which I'm going to assume would be your main character since that's what you post so often about) is supposed to be the most powerful school. You have the lowest amount of health to compensate for having the highest damage cards in the game. What other school can you take two pips and deal 1000 damage with no blade or trap? Yes it is only supposed to work 10% of the time but with enchantments and accuracy boosting clothing, you can get it to hit way more often than that. That would be how this school is designed!

Now, if you compare the two, if I were to have a full 14 pip judge, use my robe card that does 125 per pip, add hex/feint/balance blade/bladestorm/and lets throw in a dragon blade, the most damage I can do is like 9986 (use this on the Karuvian Scargiver all the time when farming). How bout a full pip tempest? Put on elemental blades/storm blade/storm trap/elemental trap/feint/ windstorm/and darkwind...what's the total damage there?10501...way more than any totally boosted judge I could ever cast and thats with the card being 45 damage points per pip less than the highest judge I can get. Storm has many many boosts to help it out and get it way over what any other school can do.

In my opinion, I think you just like to complain. If you don't win a few arena matches then you run crying how it's not fair that people have to go second in a duel. If you keep getting beat by balance wizards you complain that they need to "nerf" judgment because it's too "overpowered" in your opinion. If you can't get a spell off because of a dispel then you gripe about how it's taking away your pips when you fizz and you either want it to leave the pips or remove it from the arena. Is there a part of this game you actually LIKE? Seriously, I'm here every single day and time and time again this is all I see. Play the game or move on, pretty easy if you ask me.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
asutton75 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Is there ANYTHING that you don't complain about when it comes to balance? Seriously? The most overpowered school by far??? You are doing exactly what you have been posting about ALL over these message boards and that's going for the "one hit kill" with judge and obviously have learned nothing about playing a balance wizard. What exactly did you expect to get out of this character when you created it?

I'm going to echo all the things that have already been said before about a balance wizard. Balance is a combination of all schools and therefore in the middle. You have minions, elemental spells, healing and boosting. It is good for solo play or for group play. Balance is supposed to be all things rolled up in one.

Storm, on the other hand (which I'm going to assume would be your main character since that's what you post so often about) is supposed to be the most powerful school. You have the lowest amount of health to compensate for having the highest damage cards in the game. What other school can you take two pips and deal 1000 damage with no blade or trap? Yes it is only supposed to work 10% of the time but with enchantments and accuracy boosting clothing, you can get it to hit way more often than that. That would be how this school is designed!

Now, if you compare the two, if I were to have a full 14 pip judge, use my robe card that does 125 per pip, add hex/feint/balance blade/bladestorm/and lets throw in a dragon blade, the most damage I can do is like 9986 (use this on the Karuvian Scargiver all the time when farming). How bout a full pip tempest? Put on elemental blades/storm blade/storm trap/elemental trap/feint/ windstorm/and darkwind...what's the total damage there?10501...way more than any totally boosted judge I could ever cast and thats with the card being 45 damage points per pip less than the highest judge I can get. Storm has many many boosts to help it out and get it way over what any other school can do.

In my opinion, I think you just like to complain. If you don't win a few arena matches then you run crying how it's not fair that people have to go second in a duel. If you keep getting beat by balance wizards you complain that they need to "nerf" judgment because it's too "overpowered" in your opinion. If you can't get a spell off because of a dispel then you gripe about how it's taking away your pips when you fizz and you either want it to leave the pips or remove it from the arena. Is there a part of this game you actually LIKE? Seriously, I'm here every single day and time and time again this is all I see. Play the game or move on, pretty easy if you ask me.
Stop telling us to quit complaining we're not going to stop just cause you tell us to we will complain just as you continue to judgement us in pvp

Survivor
Jul 01, 2008
Not every school is going to be a good fit for everybody.

If you've discovered that Balance isn't your thing, you don't have to play it. It happens sometimes.

Those who enjoy and appreciate Balance for what it is can continue to do so.

Problem solved.

There, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Defender
May 30, 2009
Not that I have to justify my response, but Judgement isn't the only spell a balance wizard has and if I use it then it's the finishing move to end the battle. Not all balance wizards spam Judgment and honestly if you can't figure out a way to either diminish a full pipped Judge or to kill before being hit by one then maybe you need to look into a better strategy in the arena.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
Weakness, tower shield, guardian dragon tower, tresure tower, judgement is down to maybe at best 300 damage? If you tower shield AFTER the feint. Feints power is greatly reduced. Max judge strategy does NOT work! i beat balance every day in the arena, i found there the easiest to face, because their shields are SO weak
Evan icefist
Evan mythfist
Evan stormfist
ice is grand, myth is adept, and storm is master

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:

wow. just wow. the only reason that the blade+trap+judgement=power combo is all you use is, evidently, sheer force of HYPOCRISY!!!!!! that is the exact strategy that you whine about every - single - time you go on a thread involving balance.

well, considering tempest, heckhound, icearmor, dryad, and the myth and death minion spells are x ranked, shouldn't you be spending equal effort complaining about these? by your own reasoning, x rank cards are generally overpowered. ohhh don't tell me: "there's no shield for balance and no dispell either!" well guess what? there's no balance-only blade, no similar trap, no prism that balance wizards get at all.... asking for damage mitigaters with no damage increasers is nerfing. you claim to hate nerfing, yet want it to be done.

now, casting a judgement through a tower and multiple spiritarmors (you caouldn't remember it's name) and dealing a thousand damage over the opponent's health... what the heck kind of bonus do you get from equipment? come on... 5569 (which, by the way, requires the curse spell)/2=2785. let's say they had two spiritarmors on... 2785-800=1985. factor in the minimum resist (20%) and... 1588 damage. that boss had about 600 health... taking him down is no accomplishment.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
All you are doing in almost every post is critisizing balance. saying it "overpowered" well guess what, each school has its weaknesses and its power. GET OVER IT WILL YA

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009

--------------------------

You prove my case right here. How many turns does it take balance to do that 9986 damage in compared to storms 10501 damage? I'll give you a clue, just about half as much time. It takes storm a very long time to find all those cards you mentioned and then storm needs pips to use them, and then storm is subject to dispels and numerousl storm shields. Balance on the other hand does not have to contend against such stuff, and even when damage is knocked down a bit, balance normally still one hit kills. Now don't also forget storm has much less health, pip chance, and accuracy than balance does. You take all of this into consideration and you will see that balance is by far the strongest 1v1 damage dealer in the game. Not only does it own 1v1 damage, it also has all sorts of damage reduction, targeting reduction, and other such benificial mess you up type cards, and in blading itself up balance also blades up its entire team making its entire team hit very hard int he process. I personally think judgement should be halved in damage so that balance might actually use all of those great cards that balance has available to it.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
BayouGirl wrote:
Not every school is going to be a good fit for everybody.

If you've discovered that Balance isn't your thing, you don't have to play it. It happens sometimes.

Those who enjoy and appreciate Balance for what it is can continue to do so.

Problem solved.

There, that wasn't so hard, was it?

when PvP is owned by balance then my choices on what I play when playing PvP is heavily curtailed

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
treef5 wrote:
Weakness, tower shield, guardian dragon tower, tresure tower, judgement is down to maybe at best 300 damage? If you tower shield AFTER the feint. Feints power is greatly reduced. Max judge strategy does NOT work! i beat balance every day in the arena, i found there the easiest to face, because their shields are SO weak
Evan icefist
Evan mythfist
Evan stormfist

if you play balance like I play balance I double up on my blades and traps allowing me to simply wand away those things and next turn kill same as before so your argument here is kind of mute, if I play with others on my side I don't even have to break those things myself they are likely to break everything off even if they don't specifically target and try to

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
treef5 wrote:
Evan icefist
Evan mythfist
Evan stormfist

It always amuses me how much you expect other schools to totally revamp their decks just to hold up against a balance attack, while playing as such requires not only taking those secondary schools, but also giving up ones pet and equipments to be able to do it, and giving up all blades and traps and so forth cause you need to play the preventive stuff that breaks off in a single hit first. Doing what you suggest at best slows down the pace while giving up any sort of offense one might have, which still places balance in commanding control. At one hundred damage per pip, and at eight power pips, that is 1600 base damage even without blades and traps should balance simply wand attack beforehand. In contrast, to stop storm a single no pip cost storm shield or a one pip dispellation card completely does the job.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:
treef5 wrote:
Evan icefist
Evan mythfist
Evan stormfist

It always amuses me how much you expect other schools to totally revamp their decks just to hold up against a balance attack, while playing as such requires not only taking those secondary schools, but also giving up ones pet and equipments to be able to do it, and giving up all blades and traps and so forth cause you need to play the preventive stuff that breaks off in a single hit first. Doing what you suggest at best slows down the pace while giving up any sort of offense one might have, which still places balance in commanding control. At one hundred damage per pip, and at eight power pips, that is 1600 base damage even without blades and traps should balance simply wand attack beforehand. In contrast, to stop storm a single no pip cost storm shield or a one pip dispellation card completely does the job.

you have just showed irrevocably that you have no idea what the basics of the game are. repeat after me:

it is impossible

to get any more

than seven power pips.

you use an impossble situation to justify an incorrect argument to begin with.

now see my post "once and for all" in the pvp section. learn there how to beat a bal.ance.

you have also stated that you double up on boosts. well, a smart player doubles up on shields and/or armors and/or debilitative charms (weakness, plague, etc)

btw that figure for tempest is incorrect... no treasures or prisms or equip boosts, mind, and that actuall max is over 22000. over. twenty. two. thousand. max judgement under same circumstances (this is with a curse): 5569. the tempest setup does take twice as long, but is 4 times as good. to put it simply: up against malistaire, balance is a buffbot for storm. (and fire, myth, death, ice, and life)

you also state that a balance can blade his whole team... conveniently forgetting storm can trap all opponents.

forgot to mention that you are pushing for an aoe wildbolt with stun. wow. i guess a school you have to work at needs nerfing, and a school that can blow people away with ease already needs their best spell replicated, multiplied by four, and have four stuns tacked on. seriously, we ARE being a tad hypocritical.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
I 100% doubt you even have a balance, and you are just trying to make it weak and storm even more overpowered. One second you say you have just started a balance, and in a few minutes you say "I just put 2 blades up, feint, and judge! Oh really? you finished mb in seconds? either you play 24/7/365 or you are a liar.

And dont even talk about damage..

The record for a hit is STORM, 130 million.

The record for balance is under ONE million. Why? because balance is actually the weakest school. Ice can do 30x as much as balance.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Hi is my Daniel ThunderFlame. Stop with the COMPLAINING seasnake. I no your upset but pvp is optional and you dont have to do it!!!! I dont have a balance wizard becuase i'm already good. So plz stop using the message boards to complain. Im not trying to be mean but SERIOUSLY!!!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
NuclearWar wrote:
I 100% doubt you even have a balance, and you are just trying to make it weak and storm even more overpowered. One second you say you have just started a balance, and in a few minutes you say "I just put 2 blades up, feint, and judge! Oh really? you finished mb in seconds? either you play 24/7/365 or you are a liar.

The record for balance is under ONE million. Why? because balance is actually the weakest school. Ice can do 30x as much as balance.

Exactly if you take away judge, balance is nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:

Fighting in Celestia you quickly learn that even when balance doesn't use judgement it has a lot going for it. Judgement is just soo strong that Balance players stop using or relying upon all its other attacks that much.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Who cares about max damage potential? All you need is enough to kill your opponent. If you can deal 4k or so damage in one hit, you win. Let’s get this thread back on target.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - lvl 50 Ice

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:

Fighting in Celestia you quickly learn that even when balance doesn't use judgement it has a lot going for it. Judgement is just soo strong that Balance players stop using or relying upon all its other attacks that much.

Well for starters, just because that is how YOU play YOUR Sorcerer (you hypocritical person!), not EVERYONE does the same. Judgement is a good Spell, but it's Damage is literally average, and us GOOD Sorcerers know better than to rely on an X-Ranked Spell. I love Hydra.

Second, please spell the word "so" correctly. It's driving me insane.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Moribund wrote:
Who cares about max damage potential? All you need is enough to kill your opponent. If you can deal 4k or so damage in one hit, you win. Let’s get this thread back on target.

At the level of competition where that kind of Damage is necessary, any and every School can do so with relative ease. Storm has the easiest time of it; a properly Boosted (StormBlade, StormTrap, WindStorm, Darkwind - the same number of Boosts as Balance's Judgement Day) Triton can do AT MINIMUM 2447 Damage. With a Six Pip Attack. Judgement at the same Pip count with BalanceBlade, Hex, and BladeStorm (we're only using in-School Boosts, so no Feint) deals 1170 Damage (with Feint, that's 1989). So I think we're all well balanced here.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
seasnake wrote:
NuclearWar wrote:

Cause its there strongest attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you were storm, would you use thunder snake or storm lord??????????? If you were ice, would you use evil snowman, or frost giant?????????????????? Its the same deal with balance

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
[quote)I've played a multitude of different schools and I must say that balance all the way up to grandmaster is the most over powered and easiest school to level. Every fight all I do is cast two balance blades, a balance shield, feint, and judgment, if going up against something with balance defense I'll either out damage the defenses with judgment or go with spectral blast or any number of non-balance treasure cards. The thing is, no matter what I am up against nothing has adequate protection against my one hit kills. If I am with anyone else, I can either one hit kill things 1 on 1, or I can plus up the damage of my mates so that they can do obscene amounts of damage (my storm friends easily do well over 10,000 damage on their mass attacks). I wonder where the challenge in Celestia will be when we do so much damage without a second thought. The grandmaster towers often make you attack things 1v1, and the funny thing is that as balance when I blade up I do as much damage as a storm that I don't assist, and I can even out damage a storm by a lot with 1v1 attacks if I use triple blades and traps. Not to mention I also have at my disposal no pip cost cards that reduce damage and targeting. All this power, by far the most powerful of any school, and yet it is incredibly dull and boring to play, and there is never any adequate defense against me. On the shield challenge quest that pitted me against the balance boss that had two shield casting assistants, I let them stack their shields around ten or twinty times in a row (I was bored), they had all types of shields on the balance boss including towers and the protection shields that add 400 health, anyway even with all that and using judgement (a balance card employed against a balance boss), I still overkilled by well over one thousand damage. I will level up to 50 probably tomorrow upon the balance and am a bit upset that there has been absolutely no challenge for it at all.

Dude, you have a lot to say each school has its good and bads so you need to learn to DEAL WITH IT!!!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
bravevline wrote:
asutton75 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Stop telling us to quit complaining we're not going to stop just cause you tell us to we will complain just as you continue to judgement us in pvp

We will keep on using judgment as long as we want

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
bravevline wrote:
asutton75 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

We will keep on using judgment as long as we want

Yea you think balance is to good make your own balance wiz and dont complain.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009

Yea you think balance is to good make your own balance wiz and dont complain.

I have a Balance Grandmaster and feel that it is too powerful in pvp. Just because we have a Balance character doesnt mean that we enjoy effortless battle. Balance is a good school and improvements are encouraged in an effort to enjoy playing it more.