Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

seven schools for only six wizards

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Yes, but I shouldn't have to pay for a second account on top of the subscription fee and the crowns I buy. Not to mention that any wizards on the second account are completely cut off from the collective resources of my other wizards.

MikeStrath wrote:
The amount of money they will make with a second account isn't all that great:

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
random1self wrote:
Yes, but I shouldn't have to pay for a second account on top of the subscription fee and the crowns I buy. Not to mention that any wizards on the second account are completely cut off from the collective resources of my other wizards.

MikeStrath wrote:
The amount of money they will make with a second account isn't all that great:

When you bought your sub, you knew that you would only have 6 slots and that there were seven schools, so you went into this with your eyes wide open and acknowledging the six slots.

And you don't have to buy a second account, never siad you did, I am just pointing out for those who want that a $10/mo account works out the same as two yearly accounts at $60 each.

I am also pointing out that you realized this when you signed up, and even realizing this before you put down any monies you now want to change things. Hmmm, that is like ordering a hamburger and expecting steak, isn't it?

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Some how I fail to see the connection between a game that's expected to evolve and grow with subscription fees and/or extra content and going into a restaurant and ordering a one time meal.

To me, opening the 7 wizard slot would fall under "evolving game experience that is we constantly pay for" possibility instead of one time food purchase :)

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
I agree! why cant u create 7 wizards? is it agenst the wizard101 laws?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
random1self wrote:
Some how I fail to see the connection between a game that's expected to evolve and grow with subscription fees and/or extra content and going into a restaurant and ordering a one time meal.

To me, opening the 7 wizard slot would fall under "evolving game experience that is we constantly pay for" possibility instead of one time food purchase :)

If the content had evolved from 6 schools to 7 schools, you might have something valid...but since opening it has been 7 schools and only 6 slots...

And I am sorry if you can't understand the analogy.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:

If the content had evolved from 6 schools to 7 schools, you might have something valid...but since opening it has been 7 schools and only 6 slots...

And I am sorry if you can't understand the analogy.

As I understand your statement, I bought a product and despite an on going fee, I should never expect the product to grow, change, or evolve to keep the player interested. But, that simply doesn't apply here just because the wizard count has never changed while other aspects of the game have changed.

IMHO, giving us a seventh wizard would keep my playing and buying more crowns/crown items more than the new amulets or winter tusk ever will.

Now, let's look at a restaurant that charges to get in the front door, charges you for the meal but they only serve one meal and the menu never changes, would you want keep going back?

I can see where your point would be valid if I said "I bought a life amulet but it doesn't work with my fire, please change it." because that's a one time purchase for a set amount that I never have to pay for again. I suppose that could also apply to player who buy areas of the game as opposed to leasing the game itself.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I have suggested that KI come out with a gift card that has an elixer for a seventh wizard. They get a bit of money and we get our seventh wizard!

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
Well, why do you want to have six wizards to yourself? They don't expect you to want to have six wizards. That is just silly :D :) :?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
When I bought my year's membership, I never expected them to change the number of PCs though I do expect changes in the game. I also do not expect a menu to change after I order but before I recieve the meal ordered.

But it really comes down to more than how many characters for me I guess. I work hard for my monies, and from my experiences so do the staff at KI. I don't mind paying a small, small price for a second, third or even fourth account, nor to buy crowns to support this effort. I look at it less as money and more a vote of confidence in their work. And besides, to a mature wage earner, the yearly for an account is a pittance.

So leave me out of this, please do not further dwell on my analogy, as you don't see it, or are twisting it on purpose....so I just wash my hands....feel good about how you handle things...just don't expect me to be a scrooge and not spend for more characters and a high five in doing so for KI.

On an aside, yes, I go to eat at places that haven't changed menus in 50 years, and yes they are crowded and expensive (about a yearly account per person per meal)...again, not the most expensive, but thankfully not fast food.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Yeah, I totally8) think that you should be able to make seven wizards, insted of six.:D